Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,789 times

Advertisements

Quelinda,

You can use all the drugs you are used to using, legalizing heroine and the likes, is insane. China spent 150 years in an opium stupor. That's good for a society.

You and your "prevention campaigns" can kiss my taxpaying a*s. Also, part of the war on drugs involves Afghanistan.

War in Iraq .. Bad. War in Afghanistan .. Good.

It has been documented that people who use drugs, commit more crime.

Quote:
We could prevent so many people from using drugs if we would stop wasting GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD just locking everyone up.
Well, when your teenage son and daughter start to bring heroine into your house, and all the teenagers in your neighborhood start shooting up, you can write us back and tell us why you think you are a responsible person.

Don't write a death story for millions of American kids.

I don't care if you kill yourself....knowing you, you wouldn't even leave anything for the rest of us ( the death tax that you support ).

Last edited by Yooperkat; 04-03-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 12:38 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,477,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Well, when your teenage son and daughter start to bring heroine into your house, and all the teenagers in your neighborhood start shooting up, you can write us back and tell us why you think you are a responsible person.

Don't write a death story for millions of American kids.

I don't care if you kill yourself....knowing you, you wouldn't even leave anything for the rest of us ( the death tax that you support ).
If the only thing preventing your kids from using drugs is the law, you ****ed up... big time. I thought you were against the nanny state... better move out to CA dude.

But hey, personal responsibility is apparently not a conservative mantra, I almost forgot!

Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,080,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperkat View Post
quelinda,

you can use all the drugs you are used to using, legalizing heroine and the likes, is insane. China spent 150 years in an opium stupor. That's good for a society.

really? And at that same time americans were manufacturing coca cola with real cocaine. What's your point? Obviously we all know better now, dont we?

so you are saying if heroin was only legal, you would do it? Just like i wont smoke tobacco, which is legal, i wont be doing any heroin any time soon.

you and your "prevention campaigns" can kiss my taxpaying a*s. Also, part of the war on drugs involves afghanistan.

War in iraq .. Bad. War in afghanistan .. Good.

It has been documented that people who use drugs, commit more crime.

what you seem to be purposely missing is that i am not a proponent of drug use. I am just smart enough to notice that the current policies are not working. People will use drugs whether they are legal or not.

well, when your teenage son and daughter start to bring heroine into your house, and all the teenagers in your neighborhood start shooting up, you can write us back and tell us why you think you are a responsible person.

just because something is legal, does not mean its acceptable and not stigmatized. None of that would change. It would be just as unacceptable to use drugs if they are de-criminalized.

don't write a death story for millions of american kids.

i am an attorney, not a drug addict. I dont use drugs so i'm not sure why you are accusing me of that.

i have made good arguments for an end to prohibition and you choose to ignore them all. Especially the one about holland, which has legalized all drugs. Holland has less drug users than other places where it is legal. Now what is your answer to that? Oh, you will ignore it since it is a fact that doesn't help your silly debate about my children using drugs because they would be de-criminalized.

what is your answer for the thousands of kids now who use drugs, despite its being legal. If your method worked, then fine. But criminalization clearly does not work.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:29 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
i am an attorney, not a drug addict. I dont use drugs so i'm not sure why you are accusing me of that.

i have made good arguments for an end to prohibition and you choose to ignore them all. Especially the one about holland, which has legalized all drugs. Holland has less drug users than other places where it is legal. Now what is your answer to that? Oh, you will ignore it since it is a fact that doesn't help your silly debate about my children using drugs because they would be de-criminalized.

what is your answer for the thousands of kids now who use drugs, despite its being legal. If your method worked, then fine. But criminalization clearly does not work.

You may be an attorney, but that doesn't mean you're on the spot about drug policy. What is the percentage of drug users in Holland? If it is 10% -- in America that would be 30 million people. Whether you want to believe it or not, drugs do contribute to other crimes.

Imagine a country the size of America inviting more drug dealers in. These people are thugs and they prey on anyone, even kids. Hardly the kind of people we want more of.

In hedonistic America, more people would be wasted than you think. Drugs tear families apart.

What message would you be sending to your children by being in favor of legalizing drugs? It wouldn't bother you to see your teenager using cocaine and becoming an addict? Missing work in their twenties because he or she stayed up all night snorting coke? Smoking pot in front of and with your kids ( because it is legal ) at the dinner table is not a good idea.

Congresspeople are already in outer space. Can you imagine someone like Nancy Pelosi on mushrooms? No thanks.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Yooperkat, if mushrooms were legal would you take them?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:

Legalization didn't solve the problems of alcohol addiction, drunk driving, family violence and all the rest. Legalization isn't a magic wand that makes society safe from even fairly safe drugs like alcohol. There are many problems from alcoholism.

Now we know that legalization makes alcohol sold in every grocery and convenience store. Is that how it should be with crack cocaine and methamphetamines?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,747,673 times
Quote:
End prohibition of all drugs and you will end the drug war JUST LIKE THAT. It really is as easy as that. Conservatives should be right behind this idea, considering that they claim to believe in personal freedom. And liberals should be with this idea because we could spend LESS THAN HALF the money we waste on law enforcement on PREVENTION and TREATMENT. We could use the other half that we saved for other things. Let's let idiots that want to do drugs do them. If they want to get off, we offer them treatment. If not, we TAX THEIR ASSES.

NO MORE BLACK MARKET = NO MORE KILLINGS.
Keep in mind -- more people die of drug overdose than from homicide. If Mexico wants to legalize drugs however, that might be a good idea. That way, drug addicts could go to Mexico for their drugs, the cartels wouldn't have to bother crossing the border into the USA, drugs could become cheap and plentiful on Mexican streets.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Legalization didn't solve the problems of alcohol addiction, drunk driving, family violence and all the rest. Legalization isn't a magic wand that makes society safe from even fairly safe drugs like alcohol. There are many problems from alcoholism.

Now we know that legalization makes alcohol sold in every grocery and convenience store. Is that how it should be with crack cocaine and methamphetamines?
It did clear up problems like "poorly made bathtub gin could kill you". Drug use and addiction isn't a law enforcement problem it's a health problem and should be treated as such.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
At least make it fair...

If you want to kill Mexicans crossing the border to sell drugs, then you have to kill the American buyers as well.
Don't forget the American gun sellers too.

My bet is that you'd be killing a lot more Americans than Mexicans.
I have no issue with killing drug dealers or gun dealers who sell guns to criminals. You have an excellent idea.
Seal the border.
Mandatory execution for drug dealers. Mandatory execution for gun dealers who knowingly sell to criminals. Let Mexico deal with its own problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections