Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,585,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you finally dont like the results, you attack the messenger.. Have a nice day..

Pardon me???

You have personally attacked and insulted quite a few on this forum...

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen...

If you can dish it out - you should be able to take it...

ROFLMAO!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Pardon me???

You have personally attacked and insulted quite a few on this forum...

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen...

If you can dish it out - you should be able to take it...

ROFLMAO!!!
Is that what you think it is? Your incapable of coming back and actually answering the question asked is why I'm "out of the kitchen"..

Liberals always seem to never mind pushing blame but when a simple question like dividing the proposed extra debt being created by Obama by the proposed number of new jobs that he himself is estimated come up, and you dont like the answer you simply make personal attacks.

Your refusal to answer the simple question shows that you are the one who has left the kitchen, except you forgot to shut off the stove.

I'm still waiting for the answer and until you do answer, dont bother responding because your not at all discussing the topic and.. again, have a nice day..

Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Is that what you think it is? Your incapable of coming back and actually answering the question asked is why I'm "out of the kitchen"..

Liberals always seem to never mind pushing blame but when a simple question like dividing the proposed extra debt being created by Obama by the proposed number of new jobs that he himself is estimated come up, and you dont like the answer you simply make personal attacks.

Your refusal to answer the simple question shows that you are the one who has left the kitchen, except you forgot to shut off the stove.

I'm still waiting for the answer and until you do answer, dont bother responding because your not at all discussing the topic and.. again, have a nice day..
I've already answered your question - you are mistaken in dividing the entire cost of the Stimulus Plan by 3 million, because only a portion of the plan is dedicated to job creation...

I'm discussing the topic - I'm just not agreeing with you - which seems to aggravate you for some reason I can't understand...

And don't worry - I AM having a nice day already - but thanks for your thoughtful concern!!

Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I've already answered your question - you are mistaken in dividing the entire cost of the Stimulus Plan by 3 million, because only a portion of the plan is dedicated to job creation...

I'm discussing the topic - I'm just not agreeing with you - which seems to aggravate you for some reason I can't understand...

And don't worry - I AM having a nice day already - but thanks for your thoughtful concern!!
The stimulus plan is planned over numerous years.. I used one year just to be generous. Dont like my figure? Fine, lets look at other far more knowledgeable on the subject..

Bloomberg.. $250,000 per job Obama’s Job-Creation Program Flunks Basic Math: Caroline Baum - Bloomberg.com

$63,000 per job Economist's View: How Much Does it Cost to Create a Job?

Even Media matters quotes a figure much higher than mine $65,000 Media Matters - Hannity repeats false calculation of job creation cost

Outside the beltway $100,000 http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...orth_the_cost/

Hell, I even gave him credit for not spending the whole deficit on the "job creation" plan because we already have a national debt and it would take time to balance the budget. Great, what one of those figures would you prefer to use and tell me how to justify the $60K+ per job since you dont like my $42K job figure?

Last edited by pghquest; 04-04-2009 at 01:54 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,719 times
Quote:
um,, the recover bill comes out of the budget How else do you think it will be paid for?
Ok, so let me try to understand you.
We are discussing the stimulus and its effects on unemployment.

You jump in with a figure for the entire budget, to argue against the stimulus.

I hope you didn't use that same method to determine your per job numbers. Hopefully you relied on someone else to do the math.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,716,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
I don't know what you are having trouble understanding.

The private sector continues to shed jobs.
Do you take that as fact?

The stimulus/recovery bill will create jobs.
Do you take that as fact?

If the # of jobs created is less than the number of jobs lost, you will see unemployment rising.

Seriously, what don't you understand?
Your explanation is so clear, and yet it's another example of some strange desire for very black-and-white problems and solutions and dismissing anyone who seems to understand this complexity as an "Obamabot".

We can do better than that intellectually if we stop simply trying to make the other side look bad.

If the government is creating jobs, we are losing fewer jobs than we otherwise would have if the private sector were just allowed to collapse.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Ok, so let me try to understand you.
We are discussing the stimulus and its effects on unemployment.

You jump in with a figure for the entire budget, to argue against the stimulus.

I hope you didn't use that same method to determine your per job numbers. Hopefully you relied on someone else to do the math.
I did not at all use this to argue against the stimulus, I took the total deficit, subtracted $500Billion to compensate for the previously proposed deficit and simply stated the total cost per job being created and asked if it was the best use for the money.

The fact that individuals who support obama think the numbers are wrong shows that they havent even looked at Obamas own plans because thats exactly where the "job numbers" come from.. Its not my proposal, its Obamas, using his own figures. Lets not even count the Congressional budgets which put the cost much higher..

I go back to my original post

Quote:
One important fact, even if Obama does create 3.5 million jobs (as if thats true), he's doing it at a cost of $1.5TRILLION dollars, meaning the cost to the taxpayer is $42K per job. This doesnt even include what the company would need to pay each employee.

What is he doing, making them all government jobs?
I simply stated a fact.. using Obamas own numbers, mrbob didnt like the figure, questioned it, thought it was to high, and it turns out the real figures are 50% higher, and thats per some liberal medias reports.

Still waiting for him to back up his economic analysis of the cost by posting some news stories supporting his point of view.. I found pleanty to confirm mine..

Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I did not at all use this to argue against the stimulus, I took the total deficit, subtracted $500Billion to compensate for the previously proposed deficit and simply stated the total cost per job being created and asked if it was the best use for the money.

The fact that individuals who support obama think the numbers are wrong shows that they havent even looked at Obamas own plans because thats exactly where the "job numbers" come from.. Its not my proposal, its Obamas, using his own figures. Lets not even count the Congressional budgets which put the cost much higher..

I simply stated a fact.. using Obamas own numbers, mrbob didnt like the figure, questioned it, thought it was to high, and it turns out the real figures are 50% higher, and thats per some liberal medias reports.

Still waiting for him to back up his economic analysis of the cost by posting some news stories supporting his point of view.. I found pleanty to confirm mine..
Sorry - but I've already proven your economic analysis is flawed and extremely inaccurate... you just don't like my opinion... that's all.

Thee is absolutely no rational basis to take the FY10 deficit minus $500 Billion and dividing that by 3 million to get the cost per job created... Nope - none whatsover - but I give you high marks for creativity!!!

This logic is a million times more convoluted than 'trickle down economics' ever was.

Tell you what... by your same exact line of reasonoing and logic - the DOD budget is over $600 Billion, and assume they buy 10,000 toilet seats a year. So if I take $600,000,000,000/ 10,000, then by your logic that equals a cost of $60 million per toilet seat via the DOD - is that a good use for our money - can't they just go out in the woods???

ROFLMAO!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,719 times
Quote:

You used employment estimates based on the stimulus, and attached it to the entire budgets projected deficit. You don't see the problem there?

Or does the entire budget, outside the stimulus, employ anyone?
Lets see...
19,734,000 government jobs in 2006.
Number of Government Employees

Likely at least 20 million people in government jobs now.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry - but I've already proven your economic analysis is flawed and extremely inaccurate... you just don't like my opinion... that's all.

Thee is absolutely no rational basis to take the FY10 deficit minus $500 Billion and dividing that by 3 million to get the cost per job created... Nope - none whatsover - but I give you high marks for creativity!!!

This logic is a million times more convoluted than 'trickle down economics' ever was.

Tell you what... by your same exact line of reasonoing and logic - the DOD budget is over $600 Billion, and assume they buy 10,000 toilet seats a year. So if I take $600,000,000,000/ 10,000, then by your logic that equals a cost of $60 million per toilet seat via the DOD - is that a good use for our money - can't they just go out in the woods???

ROFLMAO!!!
bob, you should have just kept the last posting to yourself.
Subtracting the $500Billion deficit was to be NICE, to give Obama a credit because no one would expect him to balance the budget.

By not subtract the figure the cost per job goes up.. not down.. Nice try at showing your ignorance at accounting.. good job!!! Maybe you should apply to work for Obama...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections