Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times

Advertisements

All you McCain/Palin voters:

You voted for John McCain, who's chief financial advisor was one of the chief architects of the financial crisis we are in. To add insult to injury, he insulted Americans by calling them "whiners" when HIS POLICIES led the nation to a economic Depression.

McCain voters = "low information voter"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
What is this? You dont want attention going to the president so you continue to throw up people who lost? McCain/Palin is not in charge, you can no longer continue to bring them up as if they somehow now, or ever are to blame for this economic "fiasco" that we are in.

Please be specific, what one of HIS policies led the nation to an economic "Depression"?

The name for this type of posting is, deflection, from the man who's running things now, Congress who has been running it for 2 1/2 years, and bankrupting the nation...

Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,439 times
Deflection?
From a successful trip overseas?

Sources: Obama Plays Peacemaker in French-Chinese Smackdown Over Tax Havens - Political Punch

French President Sarkozy
Quote:
Now, I don't need this kind of ruffle with President Obama. I trust him. I don't need guarantees. I trust him. I trust his word. And I trust his intelligence. He doesn't need me in order to understand that a strong Europe -- a strong Europe of defense is the best guarantee for the USA. President Obama's America doesn't want weak allies. They want strong allies who face up to their responsibilities. And we've been discussing this for a long time.
Obama, Sarkozy press conference. "I trust him," says Sarkozy. Transcript. - Lynn Sweet

Quote:
On his part, Singh told Obama, "You are much loved and respected in India." He even got a copy of Obama's book autographed for his daughter. The PM described him as having "brought a ray of hope" and said the youth looked up to him "as an icon". Singh said under Obama's leadership, challenges like climate change could be met.
Manmohan Singh is a wise, wonderful man: Obama - India - The Times of India

Quote:
It looks like Obamamania has taken a hold of the Queen, as well as the rest of the world.
Meeting Michelle Obama yesterday at Buckingham Palace, Her Maj wrapped her arm around the First Lady's waist for a moment as the two compared height.
After Michelle Obama hugged the Queen, more touchy-feely politicians breaking protocol to get up close and personal - mirror.co.uk

Here are some of the more skeptical international articles I've found:

Barack Obama and Dmitry Medvedev meet each other in London: Topic. Pravda.Ru (http://english.pravda.ru/topic/obama_medvedev-655/ - broken link)
Obama makes his first anti-Russian statements - Pravda.Ru
Quote:
US President Barack Obama has publicly opposed Russia’s initiative for the first time during his presidency. Obama rejected Russia’s idea to replace the dollar with a new international currency, which immediately led to the growth of the US dollar on the international financial market.
Russia’s Medvedev intends to throw Afghan loop on Obama’s neck in London - Pravda.Ru

G20 summit: 'We did OK,' says Barack Obama - Telegraph
Quote:
His promise of American humility apparently didn't quite extend to himself as he pointed out to the press that the standing of the United States had already improved in the little over two months he had been in office.
Same news site has this headline for the G20:
G20 summit: Gordon Brown strikes historic $1 trillion deal - Telegraph

Last edited by compJockey; 04-03-2009 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: added links

Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,932,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All you McCain/Palin voters:

You voted for John McCain, who's chief financial advisor was one of the chief architects of the financial crisis we are in. To add insult to injury, he insulted Americans by calling them "whiners" when HIS POLICIES led the nation to a economic Depression.

McCain voters = "low information voter"
Timothy Geithner, AIG 1st bailout supervisor. Great job I guess since he got promoted by Obama. Yep change you can trust.

At the time of the first AIG bailout, Geithner was the president of the New York Fed, which helped oversee the government intervention.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner To Talk AIG On Hill - kdka.com (http://kdka.com/topstories/bernanke.geithner.aig.2.966247.html - broken link)

Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
...And yet NObama is in office with a debt that exceeds all other Presidents combined. If you are going to blame someone, blame the MESS-iah

Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
...And yet NObama is in office with a debt that exceeds all other Presidents combined. If you are going to blame someone, blame the MESS-iah
Um, the debt was already $10 trillion when he took office.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, the debt was already $10 trillion when he took office.
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
October 7th 2008, national debt $10Billion
2008 National deficit $438Billion
March 19th 2009, national deficit hits $11Billion
2009 national deficit projected to be $1.7Trillion
Thats ONE year Obama will add nearly 20% to the national debt..

So you can keep blaming Bush for spending $438Billion, but where is your criticism of the $1.7Trillion Obama will spend?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:58 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
U.S. National Debt Clock
October 7th 2008, national debt $10Billion
2008 National deficit $438Billion
March 19th 2009, national deficit hits $11Billion
2009 national deficit projected to be $1.7Trillion
Thats ONE year Obama will add nearly 20% to the national debt..

So you can keep blaming Bush for spending $438Billion, but where is your criticism of the $1.7Trillion Obama will spend?

Pres. Bush inherited a surplus. Today, Obama inherited a 10 trillion dollar deficit. The neocons under GWB are responsible for wasting lives and trillions on wars they foolishly started or foolishly oversaw, as in Afghanistan. Obama has inherited two failed wars with the following debt, as well

Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Pres. Bush inherited a surplus. Today, Obama inherited a 10 trillion dollar deficit. The neocons under GWB are responsible for wasting lives and trillions on wars they foolishly started or foolishly oversaw, as in Afghanistan. Obama has inherited two failed wars with the following debt, as well

Bush did not inherit a surplus, Clinton simply began to borrow money from the social security budgets.

I also note you didnt answer my question and tried to change the subject. Bush was running $438Billion deficits and liberals criticize this to no end as causing economic problems for Obama (your own posting says so) but now you think its ok for Obama to double the national debt leaving the next president (and society) to deal with it?

Tell me when debts became good? Jan 20th, 2009?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:21 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Lets discuss this "Surplus" that Clinton allegedly left.
Now, as I understand it, there are two way to obtain a surplus, increase taxes, or reduce spending. Now we know that Clinton raised taxes, but he also reduced spending. Now here is a big question to the liberals out there...where did Clinton reduce spending to get this surplus? Do any of you know? Clinton cut military spending over 18%

709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) PERSONNEL.

293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS!

20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT

232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

9 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

(source: freerepublic.com)

As a result, 9-11 happened, and lets not forget Gore selling our naval oil reserves to the highest bidder, and Clinton SELLING nuclear technology to China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections