Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
WE wouldn't bring her up?

SHE puts HERSELF out there...herself AND her children.

She's writing a book...did WE force her to do that?

"""Perhaps it will be up to her to try to fix the mess' BO is creating""

What is that opinion based on? Her geat intellect and economic genius?

And, once again, YES, I was TERRIFIED of the DivaDope getting near the White House due to a brain fart by Repubs. Anyone who wasn't was an idiot.

She IS a great comic target, though....afterall, Monica is STILL used for comic relief and I see no difference between her and SaraTodd.
1-She is not the only one writing a book yet shes the only one getting threads about writing a book. So what she isnt allowed to come outside her house because to many democrats that would be her putting herself out there.
Yeah shes writing a book but is anyone forcing you to buy it?

People dont have a choice but think you all are worried with the massive amount of time you all spend on just talking about her and trying to make her doing something as simple as writing a book a terrible thing. Bet you it wasnt so terrible when Obama was writing his.

Heck I dont even like Palin but I cant help but laugh at the efforts you all are going to trying to discredit her.

I think its because you all seen the amount of support she got. The amount she got to attend her events and you all are worried with time she could get the following Obama got and really challenge him

Personally I am hoping for someone else but you cant deny she can pull a crowd to an event
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
I applaud her for writing a book about her life. I hope she tells the truth and folks actually read it. It will be a revelation.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh yeah writing a book is just so funny. I must have missed the part that makes one laugh.
quote]
I'm guessing you missed her interviews. After listening to the woman trying to answer the simplest of questions and then when she realized she didn't know the answers watching her 'speaking off the cuff' had me rolling in the aisles. The thought of her writing a book is hilarious.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I applaud her for writing a book about her life. I hope she tells the truth and folks actually read it. It will be a revelation.
I think it's great news! First of all, it's bound to be a fun read. Secondly, if you're a democrat, Palin's the gift that keeps on giving. The more attention she gets, the better IMO. And third, this gives Tina Fey a reason to dust off her Palin impressions. Oh, it's good news indeed!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM

OK, Palin lovers, here's one for you.

Palin will make millions of dollars from this book because that is what her 'broker' got for her. The publishing company on the other hand should be looking for storage space when the book doesn't sell as expected.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I wonder who she'll blame if it doesn't sell....
Well, she won't be blaming me, I hope she sells a lot of 'em. The more the better. Can we arrange for a combo book signing and moose hunt? Maybe get her to make a commercial for the book in front of a turkey chopper? The possibilities are endless...

Old 05-13-2009, 11:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
1-She is not the only one writing a book yet shes the only one getting threads about writing a book.""

No, Obama got a thread about his book.

""So what she isnt allowed to come outside her house because to many democrats that would be her putting herself out there.""

No one that I saw said she wasn't allowed to...where'd you get THAT????

"""Yeah shes writing a book but is anyone forcing you to buy it?"

And that's got What to do with anything?

"""People dont have a choice but think you all are worried with the massive amount of time you all spend on just talking about her and trying to make her doing something as simple as writing a book a terrible thing. ""

AGAIN, WHO said it was terrible?

Bet you it wasnt so terrible when Obama was writing his.

Heck I dont even like Palin but I cant help but laugh at the efforts you all are going to trying to discredit her.""

No, she discredits herself just fine...I like poking fun at her. And I admit it's easy but I don't care.

I think its because you all seen the amount of support she got. The amount she got to attend her events and you all are worried with time she could get the following Obama got and really challenge him""

Of course there's LOTS of people absolutely terrified that she could get anywhere near the White House! What don't you understand about that? It's a good healthy intelligent fear!!!

"""Personally I am hoping for someone else but you cant deny she can pull a crowd to an event""

But not enough to win!

Why are you so frightened when Palin is brought up?????

Old 05-13-2009, 02:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,894,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I have no words. Well, except for....

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha

Man, are YOUR standards ever low.
Speaking of low standards, YOU are the Democrat..!
One can't get lower than that...

Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Speaking of low standards, YOU are the Democrat..!
One can't get lower than that...
Hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you, there are plenty of Republicans who believe Wailin' Palin is a joke and are laughing just as hard at her as the rest of the parties are.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you, there are plenty of Republicans who believe Wailin' Palin is a joke and are laughing just as hard at her as the rest of the parties are.
You mean the McCain family?

I knew about them.

Who else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections