Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:13 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times

Advertisements

If Pelosi Gets Thrown Under The Bus ........

What do we get next?

Harry Ried has his nose so far up Nancy's butt that he hasn't smelled fresh air for years.

I suppose that the Ameican people would want him to go as well.

Please tell me why Harry Ried would be a good choice for third in command.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 01:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Just for starters, Harry Reid is the Senate Majority Leader. Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the House. In order for Sen. Reid to be third in command he would have to retire from the Senate, get elected to the House and be selected as Speaker.

As for the original question, if Speaker Pelosi is guilty of any wrong doing they she should suffer whatever consequences that are deemed appropriate. I'm not sure how that would be considered to being thrown under the bus, but so be it.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 AM

First, thanks Ovcatto for helping me get things straight.

Second, water boarding is not a wrongdoing. Lying is.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:

What do we get next?

Harry Ried has his nose so far up Nancy's butt that he hasn't smelled fresh air for years.

I for one would not weep if Nancy Pelosi were to suddenly 'retire'... of course, not while the political heat is on, that would only encourage more personal attacks by the Party of NO...

I think that a more centrist Speaker of the House would be more effective.

And as another poster has remarked, Harry Reid is NOT 3rd in line of succession to the President...

Old 05-17-2009, 07:46 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Nancy can make things get very ugly for her friends if they force her to step down. She's screwed up and deserves what she gets, she gets no sympathy for her partisan attacks and arrogant ineptitude. Didn't Newt Gingrich step down and accept responsibility for failure at least? I don't think Nancy would ever do that.
But maybe Obama can force her to step down by threat or wrangling. It will be interesting to see.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
First, thanks Ovcatto for helping me get things straight.

Second, water boarding is not a wrongdoing. Lying is.
First, you are welcome.

Second, you are wrong.

Simply lying isn't usually a good thing, there are exceptions of course, and that is a matter from Speaker Pelosi's constituents to consider. Lying under oath, which Speaker Pelosi has yet to do is wrong doing. Involuntary waterboarding however, is wrong doing and there are no exceptions.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
First, you are welcome.

Second, you are wrong.

Simply lying isn't usually a good thing, there are exceptions of course, and that is a matter from Speaker Pelosi's constituents to consider. Lying under oath, which Speaker Pelosi has yet to do is wrong doing. Involuntary waterboarding however, is wrong doing and there are no exceptions.
First of all, I don't have intentions of debating whether any type of "torture" is right or wrong. That is up to individuals to decide and is a matter of deep personal opinion.

I might not always agree, but I do respect you and your opinion.

I think that what happened recently with Pelosi, is just that in her zeal to hang George Bush and Dick Cheney, she has now come into question too.

Look, I think a little bit of water boarding, to help keep Americans safe, is OK. But, other opinions are out there.

Pelosi should be hanged first, for her self righteousness, even as the real debate goes on. Pointing fingers is what she does best. And her attempt to be loved by the left is not genuine or respectful. She just wants to witch hunt. Couldn't she put her time and responsibility to America to better use? There are many reasons why Nancy Pelosi should be ousted.

Maybe this time America will finally say that they've had enough.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
I really do not see waterboarding as torture. I had the displeasure of watching the Aqua tots swim class while swimming the other morning. What they do to babies is beyond belief. The poor little thing, not even a year old, screaming at the top of her lungs while being flipped over backwards under water, coming up with water in the lungs choking and gasping for air. Shoot, if we need information from terrorist...just give them swim lessons. I know a good instructor.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:

What do we get next?

Steny Hoyer from Maryland who is the majority leader in the house would likely assume the position of Speaker of the House.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:57 PM

17,399 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Nancy can make things get very ugly for her friends if they force her to step down. She's screwed up and deserves what she gets, she gets no sympathy for her partisan attacks and arrogant ineptitude. Didn't Newt Gingrich step down and accept responsibility for failure at least? I don't think Nancy would ever do that.
But maybe Obama can force her to step down by threat or wrangling. It will be interesting to see.
She's way too selfish and far too vindictive to step down gracefully.

I'm thinking this is going to get a lot more ugly before it gets resolved. Get ready for some mud flinging .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections