Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times

Advertisements

I won't speak for the others but I never once said he was a liberal. My personal belief is he is someone who should have received mental help for paranoia. I have an uncle that most of the family avoided because of such behavior and beliefs. Finally his wife and kids managed to get him to a doctor. With therapy and medication he improved and was included in family gatherings again. However, he's back sliding and has stopped taking his medication and he's getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 02:56 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I won't speak for the others but I never once said he was a liberal. My personal belief is he is someone who should have received mental help for paranoia. I have an uncle that most of the family avoided because of such behavior and beliefs. Finally his wife and kids managed to get him to a doctor. With therapy and medication he improved and was included in family gatherings again. However, he's back sliding and has stopped taking his medication and he's getting worse.

It's a difficult situation, trying to keep an adult on medication when they don't think they need it; I'm sorry that your family has to deal with such a
rough situation. Pulverizing his meds and sneaking them into his food is an
old nurse's trick...mashed potatoes & oatmeal are great for that.
I, too believe that Von Brunn was mentally ill; most people who act out in
violent ways are, in one way or another. It's unfortunate that he could not have been institutionalized before he managed to kill one and terrorize hundreds. Good luck with the uncle; be creatively sneaky about getting the medicine in him.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Sure,

It's always somebody's political leaning that has to be responsible for a terrible act.

Some nut kills someone ... and it is the Right or the Left's fault.
The right were up early yesterday trying furiously to spin that he was to the left -- "rumors that he is a registered Democrat!" etc. But come to find out, documentation proves that such a person only feels at home, among friends, at places like Stormfront and FreeRepublic, and not Huffington Post.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,293 times
I have to confess that everytime something ugly happens..this shooting, that crazy woman at the McCain rally, that nut job who carved a letter on her own face and claimed Obama people did it, etc. etc., I check out this forum to see who is missing.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Chris Matthews commented last night on RealTime that logically why would the lefties be killing people when our guy got elected. It doesn't make sense. I like Mathews when he's not on Hardball. Obama is not a lefty (except for handwriting). Bill Maher is a lefty and he took Obama to task on the New Rules segment.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Chris Matthews commented last night on RealTime that logically why would the lefties be killing people when our guy got elected. It doesn't make sense. I like Mathews when he's not on Hardball. Obama is not a lefty (except for handwriting). Bill Maher is a lefty and he took Obama to task on the New Rules segment.
He absolutely did and it's what many of us have been thinking. He said something like "We've done audacity of hope, now we hope for some audacity."

Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I have to confess that everytime something ugly happens..this shooting, that crazy woman at the McCain rally, that nut job who carved a letter on her own face and claimed Obama people did it, etc. etc., I check out this forum to see who is missing.
LOL, I do too.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,006,964 times
Here are some facts for you idiots!

Quote:
Von Brunn, a World War II veteran, had long been known in white supremacist circles for his racist rants and extreme hatred of Jews and blacks. He lives in Annapolis, Md., and has a history of anger, abusive behavior, anti-Semitism and anti-government aggression.
The Web site attributed to Von Brunn says he wrote a book called "Kill the Best Gentiles," about how to "protect your white family
This guy was a nut. No one drove him to kill anyone that was his decision. If you read the reports it looks like if you blame anyone you can blame the government for cutting his SSI payments. (still not an excuse) Just so we don't try to blame anyone on the right he was a racist long before talk radio and Glen Beck. Why can you people not just look at facts?

Btw a lot of his views are not right leaning at all so to put him on anyside is idiotic but runs VERY deep on this board.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The right, in full scale denial mode, has been claiming von Brunn was from the left but check out where he went to post...his fellow Freepers seemed to love his writings too..

Free Republic Writings of James Von Brunn Available Here
OMG give it up.........

Old 06-14-2009, 08:26 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,575,768 times
well I guess we know anybody who goes to this extreme is not playing with a full deck be they a liberal or conservative. How can you hate blacks or Jews or hispanics or Asians? Life is too short to hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections