Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:07 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,020,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Isn't that one of the most repeated urban legends, ever?

Enlighten me, as my German is spotty:

From what I understand it was a pronunciation thing:

Kennedy meant: "Ich bin ein Berliner."

" I am a Berliner."

But what he supposedly said, "Ich bin ein Behrliner." means " I am a jelly donut.", of the type popular in Germany at the time.

Si, o no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,587,994 times
Quote:
KOUROSS ESMAELI: What is interesting about the criticisms that are coming from the right is that it’s been coming primarily from Senator John McCain. The Iranians know Senator John McCain as the man who sang “Bomb, bomb Iran” during the elections of last year. The man holds no credibility as far as supporting Iranians or seeming like he’s got the best interests of the Iranians at heart. And that, for Iranians and for this issue, that discredits him altogether and discredits this whole attack on President Obama.

President Obama’s stand, I think, has been the most sensible, and it’s amazing that the President of the United States is taking such a sensible stand. And that—everyone I’ve talked to in Iran has said the same thing, that we do not need any symbol of Western, especially American, interference in Iran’s internal politics. And the fact that America does not have diplomatic relations with Iran really ties its hand, as far as how far he can go in really supporting Iran. So the only thing they can do is to just scream as loud as they can, which will be immediately used by the Iranian authorities.
After a Day of Deadly Protests, Iran's Guardian Council Admits Voting Irregularities Took Place in Presidential Election

Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times
I would hope that he would say, " none of our business and definetly not our problem".
More to the point not worth 1 drop of american blood.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,343,645 times
Anything would be better then doing what Obama was doing when they shot and killed that 27 year old.

He was out for a walk and was getting an ice cream cone at the time.

Guess his priorities are all screwed up just like his Presidency.

OP- Why not ask Obama to say or do something instead sitting on his hands with cold feet and afraid to make a decision?

Funny to see an Obama supporter asking what would McCain do, almost like you need to ask McCain so you can pass it on to Obama because he does not know what to do.

Someone wake up Obama now from his nap and tell him to read what Ronald Reagan did in 1981, maybe he will learn a thing or two.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,269,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Anything would be better then doing what Obama was doing when they shot and killed that 27 year old.

OP- Why not ask Obama to say or do something instead sitting on his hands with cold feet and afraid to make a decision?

Funny to see an Obama supporter asking what would McCain do, almost like you need to ask McCain so you can pass it on to Obama because he does not know what to do.

Someone wake up Obama now from his nap and tell him to read what Ronald Reagan did in 1981, maybe he will learn a thing or two.
Just what exactly should Obama do? Send in our troops? Fire a few missiles? protest to the UN?
I am serious what should or can who do about it?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,587,994 times
Quote:

Someone wake up Obama now from his nap and tell him to read what Ronald Reagan did in 1981, maybe he will learn a thing or two.?
Please see post #22.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,968,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Thankfully the Obama Administration is attuned to the reality in Iran and acted accordingly with the low key official response to the farse of the election results. I can only imagine what a McCain Admin would be doing.
They wouldn't be doing a single thing differently. I love how they claim Obama isn't going far enough but would be quick to say the opposite if he were to amp up the rhetoric against Iran.

H

Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,968,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

You know... Iran isn't the only place atrocities are taking place. Why should Obama take this on alone. No American politician at any level of responsibility should eat ice cream, go to the movies, go out to dinner, visit a theme park... have sex. Nothing, absolutely no entertainment or diversion because bad things are happening around us. We have got to get the rest of the world straightened out first.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections