Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,803 times

Advertisements

You Hillary supporters should not give McCain a protest vote, here is why.

If you vote for a McCain it will be a slap in the face to the candidate you supported faithfully and everything she stands for. Your candidate has fought her heart out for universal healthcare and by voting for McCain or not voting, you could take that dream away from her and millions of Americans who need healthcare. Think about the people who die everyday because they dont have healthcare. Also think about the consequence of voting for McCain. If McCain wins you can say goodbye to Roe vs Wade (a woman's right to choose). By voting for McCain is shows you dont care what Hillary stands for, just the fact that she is a woman and she lost the nomination.

By doing that also Hillary will be remembered for potentially keeping the first African-American from becoming president if he happened to lose in November. Then Hillary will have no hope of becoming president down the road. Think carefully and vote with your brains and not with your emotions. In the end you'll only be hurting Hillary and yourselves.

BTW Hillary announced she will endorse and support Obama.

Clinton Expected to Drop Out This Weekend, Endorse Obama - America\’s Election HQ

Last edited by gsoboi; 06-05-2008 at 05:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
^ you forgot that the next President will probably pick at least 2 Supreme Court justices also but Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain just care about her becoming the first woman President never mind the ramifications of thier actions over the next 4 years.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ you forgot that the next President will probably pick at least 2 Supreme Court justices also but Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain just care about her becoming the first woman President never mind the ramifications of thier actions over the next 4 years.
They also forget that when supreme court justices are picked, they are there for life so any decision the supreme court makes, thats going to be the decision for a lifetime. McCain has already said he would appoint people that dont support Roe vs Wade. By reversing Roe vs Wade, once again womens rights will have been taken away.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM

109 posts, read 158,769 times
The DNC Disrepects the personal votes of others why should anyone show respect to the DNC.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaVoter View Post
The DNC Disrepects the personal votes of others why should anyone show respect to the DNC.
understand it was Hillary supporters that agreed to what happened in Michigan and we all know it was a flawed contest which was "illegal" and Obama's name wasnt on the ballot. Also remember Hillary also agreed early on that Florida and Michigans votes should not count so this is not just about the DNC. Blame the republicans for putting the democrats in this situation in the first place (at least with Florida)

Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
There are some bitter, bitter people out there.
I understand their hurt, but come on.
I cannot wrap my mind around why, to them, revenge is sweeter than steering our country out of the mess its in.
Check out this blog:
No Quarter

And this messageboard:
Hillary Clinton

Here is an email Hillary sent to her supporters. I cut and pasted it from the Hillary Clinton board. The bolding is mine.

Dear <blank>

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Old 06-05-2008, 06:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaVoter View Post
? I dont understand this.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:12 AM

454 posts, read 748,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

By doing that also Hillary will be remembered for potentially keeping the first African-American from becoming president if he happened to lose in November. Then Hillary will have no hope of becoming president down the road. Think carefully and vote with your brains and not with your emotions. In the end you'll only be hurting Hillary and yourselves.
Hillary won't be remembered for anything by the AA community, even if we all vote for Barack. That is also a very stupid reason to cast your vote for Obama. We are choosing the Commander in Chief not head of the AA community, and why should we care about how the AA community would feel about our decisions to cast our vote for McCain, they have shown that voting on race is okay.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 AM

454 posts, read 748,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
They also forget that when supreme court justices are picked, they are there for life so any decision the supreme court makes, thats going to be the decision for a lifetime. McCain has already said he would appoint people that dont support Roe vs Wade. By reversing Roe vs Wade, once again womens rights will have been taken away.
I think you also forgot that the Senate confirms the person who is picked, and since we will be having a Democratic party majority senate, no right-winger will stand a chance to be confirmed. I am not worried about this at all.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
I think you also forgot that the Senate confirms the person who is picked, and since we will be having a Democratic party majority senate, no right-winger will stand a chance to be confirmed. I am not worried about this at all.
whos to say congress doesnt go back to republican again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections