Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:20 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,027,868 times

Advertisements

You'd best get it through your Kool-Aid-sopped brains that most of those who are going to McCain are casting their votes for the candidate we believe will be the better president. If I truly wanted to cast a protest vote, I'd vote for a fringe party candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,651,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
WHOA!! The electoral college was devised for a very good reason. Without it people in the middle of the country would never see a candidate and their voice would never be heard. The candidates would spend all their time in a few states and to hell with the rest of the country. I know that a lot of Obama supporters already feel this way about "fly over country" as has been expressed about WV, KY, and many other regions.
You are right, the electoral college was created for a very good reason. To counter the popular vote when the candidate they want is not elected by the popular vote. I vote but I also have the knowledge that my vote may not count. In the end, the elite of this country elect our president.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,651,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You'd best get it through your Kool-Aid-sopped brains that most of those who are going to McCain are casting their votes for the candidate we believe will be the better president. If I truly wanted to cast a protest vote, I'd vote for a fringe party candidate.
And the fact that so many people believe he would be the better choice shows how little we have learned over the years. I am sorry, but it is high time someone of the younger generation be allowed to lead this country. The old ways just aren't working anymore. All McCain represents is a continuation of the same old government that most citizens of this country have grown to despise. It is time for the older generation to finally step aside and let their children take up the reins.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 PM

454 posts, read 749,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
All of Hillary's hard work and dreams you will take away by voting for McSame. Healthcare, No Child Left Behind, Education, Social Security to name a few. You people have to see what this would do to Hillary. Vote for McSame out of spite and you are actually voting against your candidate Hillary Clinton. I know it disappointing that she did not receive the Nominee but you people out their should take a lesson from Hillary. Listen to her speech on Saturday. I hope Barack will give her a cabinet position that she will be able to put in place some of her ideas. That to me would be a better job for her then the VP spot.
I hope Hillary does not accept any deal put together by the party. I will lose a lot of respect for her if she does.

For this election, I have decided to vote my economic interests, and forget about the social issues. I am voting for low taxes, fiscal conservativeness, getting rid of pork barrel, reduction of government wastes and bipartisanship. McCain represents all of these.

I like MacCain stance on Pork barrel, fiscal conservativeness, and his desire to cut down waste. I also like the fact that he voted against Dick cheney's energy bill full of goodies for the oil industry (this bill was also bad for the environment), and Nancy Pelosi's farm bill also full of goodies for rich farmers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections