Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Bush was great, and looking better every day. I wish we still had a MAN in office...

You meant Bush 41, of course.

I can tell by your description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 06:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Get out of every country where Americans are dying first.

Refuse any/all aid to foreign countries, especially the ones that hate us

Let the rest of the world handle Korea. We are just one nation amongst many, let them do it.

Well?
We cant get out of Iraq and Afghanistan right this minute; we have to be realistic about that.

Foreign aid - all big fish have to buy their "friends" among the smaller fish, it's just the way the world works.

N Korea - China's supposed to be more or less responsible for them; we're bound by alliance to protect S. Korea and japan.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
We cant get out of Iraq and Afghanistan right this minute; we have to be realistic about that.

Foreign aid - all big fish have to buy their "friends" among the smaller fish, it's just the way the world works.

N Korea - China's supposed to be more or less responsible for them; we're bound by alliance to protect S. Korea and japan.
So in other words Obama is just doing the same as Bush and you support it. Well that sure was a surprise.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
So in other words Obama is just doing the same as Bush and you support it. Well that sure was a surprise.
Well, if Obama doing the same thing Bush was, you must support him also.

At last! We ALL agree!

Close this thread, QUICK!!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Bush started a war, Obama's trying to get us out of it.

Obama is trying to set regulations to close up the financial hole Bush got us into.

Foreign aid, North Korea: Im sure you're just pretending to be naive about those.

Infrastructure, education... go look at whitehouse dot gov / issues and compare to old Bush whitehouse dot gov pages. The two couldnt be more different.

In the last two weeks or so I've seen a flurry of right wingers on here parroting that Bush and Obama are the same. Where does this come from? I understand the RNC and the right wing bloggers are trying to paint into your minds that Bush was really a liberal, Obama is a liberal, therefore Obama = Bush. I cant believe you all would be so stupid as to fall for that. They must really think you're idiots.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:21 AM

112 posts, read 128,057 times
Wow. It's common sense that these nations are unstable and struglling to keep their sovereignity.

Sorry Soccersupporter that Obama didn't magically control Haiti, Iran, NK, and militants far away like he said during his campaign. Obviously Mr. Bush was much more successful in accomplishing world peace. *Ahem* Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, Georgia, etc.
If President Obama becomes a world cop (which you are inciting him to do), I'm sure every conservative would claim he jumps into problems that are not our own. If he does become a world cop, NK or Iran will be a much tougher target than the evil empire of Grenada President Reagan destroyed.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Well, if Obama doing the same thing Bush was, you must support him also.

At last! We ALL agree!

Close this thread, QUICK!!!!!
I guess you only see through YOUR partisan eyes. I do not support Obama, I did not support Bush or vote for him. I am not a sheep like you and most of the voters. I know that we have a corrupt 2 party system that in the end has very little difference between the 2 parties.

Next!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Bush started a war, Obama's trying to get us out of it.

Obama is trying to set regulations to close up the financial hole Bush got us into.

Foreign aid, North Korea: Im sure you're just pretending to be naive about those.

Infrastructure, education... go look at whitehouse dot gov / issues and compare to old Bush whitehouse dot gov pages. The two couldnt be more different.

In the last two weeks or so I've seen a flurry of right wingers on here parroting that Bush and Obama are the same. Where does this come from? I understand the RNC and the right wing bloggers are trying to paint into your minds that Bush was really a liberal, Obama is a liberal, therefore Obama = Bush. I cant believe you all would be so stupid as to fall for that. They must really think you're idiots.
Obama will have us in Afghanistan for a 100 years, just like Bush and Iraq. Same thing different location.

Obama is moving the financial mess from the private sector to the government sector, GM Chrysler, AIG, bank bailouts, etc. Same thing different owners.

Foreign aid, Korea. I guess you just want to do the Bush thing. Maybe your just another victim of our 2 party system. Yep, that's it!

Infrastructure, education. You're kidding right? Words, words, more words. Another colossal government train wreck.

Not a right winger, not a sheep, not a worshiper at the alter of the 2 party system.

Got anything of substance to offer?

Next!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Progressive" Liberal View Post
Wow. It's common sense that these nations are unstable and struglling to keep their sovereignity.

Sorry Soccersupporter that Obama didn't magically control Haiti, Iran, NK, and militants far away like he said during his campaign. Obviously Mr. Bush was much more successful in accomplishing world peace. *Ahem* Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, Georgia, etc.
If President Obama becomes a world cop (which you are inciting him to do), I'm sure every conservative would claim he jumps into problems that are not our own. If he does become a world cop, NK or Iran will be a much tougher target than the evil empire of Grenada President Reagan destroyed.
Hope and Change. Yep that's the ticket. Sometimes I fell like I am at a politcal pep rally in the "Brave New World"

Old 06-22-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I guess you only see through YOUR partisan eyes. I do not support Obama, I did not support Bush or vote for him. I am not a sheep like you and most of the voters. I know that we have a corrupt 2 party system that in the end has very little difference between the 2 parties.

Next!
Cool.

Who do you plan to vote against in 2012?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections