Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:10 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm slow but I just realized that for many Republicans (and virtually all on this board), the 2012 election began the night Obama was elected President. All of this bashing is nothing more than propaganda to show their candidate (regardless of who it is) as the superior candidate for 2012. This is why Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter and all of their followers do anything they can to bash Obama regardless of whether or not it is a lie. I find this interesting especially from a party with superior family values. You can paint it as family values if you want but saying doesn't make it true.

Please note that this doesn't apply to all conservatives but to many Republicans (one isn't necessarily the other). By the way, how many of you would rather see Obama (and the country) fail so that your party can win the next election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 PM

817 posts, read 853,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Maybe I'm slow but I just realized that for many Republicans (and virtually all on this board), the 2012 election began the night Obama was elected President. All of this bashing is nothing more than propaganda to show their candidate (regardless of who it is) as the superior candidate for 2012. This is why Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter and all of their followers do anything they can to bash Obama regardless of whether or not it is a lie. I find this interesting especially from a party with superior family values. You can paint it as family values if you want but saying doesn't make it true.

Please note that this doesn't apply to all conservatives but to many Republicans (one isn't necessarily the other). By the way, how many of you would rather see Obama (and the country) fail so that your party can win the next election?
Democrats do the same thing. It's called politics.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
By the way, how many of you would rather see Obama (and the country) fail so that your party can win the next election?
I am praying he fails so he can't turn this nation into something unrecognizable and ruined by his massive tax hikes, massive spending, unsustainable debt and deficits and tremendous government expansion.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Democrats do the same thing. It's called politics.
Call me naive but I'd gladly trade a lost election for a country that thrived. I don't place political affiliation above my country. Seems anti-American regardless of whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or whatever else.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM

377 posts, read 684,745 times
Quote:
Call me naive but I'd gladly trade a lost election for a country that thrived. I don't place political affiliation above my country. Seems anti-American regardless of whether you're a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or whatever else.
Tell that to people like Sanrene, Rush, Sean and Ann who want "us" to fail, and who I bet would simply move to an exotic land if, God forbid, the country turns into anarchy like Somalia! You see, by them spreading fear and hate in the airwaves, they can now afford to have the resource to move and perhaps live comfortably elsewhere. You just have to ask yourself who the actual enemies of this country are.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
"We have met the enemy and he is us." so said a POGO cartoon.

I expect this economy to be obviously recovering in 2011. The will be money to borrow and jobs to pay the bills. I also expect there will be a barely sentient Republican candidate to refute everything that is working to help the country recover.

The only thing the Republicans have left is to tell a consistent version of their self created mythos. That is the Republican Pravda.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
Actually, the Republican party just needs to become moderate, less right - the party of centrists. I was a Democrat who could not support Obama, there are many of us who would gladly welcome the opportunity to be a part of a group that respects states' rights and do not like the direction Obama is taking the country. I believe there will be countless others like me by the time the next election rolls around. Obama has been in office for 7 months and many, die-hard Democrats are so regretting their votes.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Obama has been in office for 7 months and many, die-hard Democrats are so regretting their votes.
You're probably right about the Republican Party but I'm not sure I agree with the fact that many die-hard Democrats are regretting their votes. The latest Gallup poll shows his job approval rating at 63%. That's down from a high of 68% in late January but it's obviously going to fluctuate. I think for most, the jury is still out.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
It does, doesn't it? Once the religious right took hold of the party, the GOP
temporarily took on the mantle of "ordained by God." For some, the hatred and biases are unnoticed because they have interwoven their spiritual and
political lives. But people will err, and the GOP has been exposed, like The
Emperor's New Clothes.
Godliness is a tough road, and life is filled with temptations. Now the Republicans need a real platform, one that isn't predicated by adherence to a narrow and rigid interpretation of spirituality,
or the unrealistic stance that they are somehow a more holy group than the Democrats. It will mean a clear repudiation and reversal of Bush 43 policies.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:

Uh, not sure where you have been since 2000, but that is EXACTLY what the Dems did after Al Gorebalwarming and John Kerry lost. It bothers you now that the other party is doing it?

As far as seeing Obama fail, its too late. I hoped he would fail at pushing his agenda through. But since he has a rubber stamp congress to work with, he will be quiet successful at pushing all of his liberal wet dreams through without even having our representatives and senators read the bills they are voting on.

So since Obama has been successful, I simply hope America can be successful under his disastrous policies. My guess is that this fall the stock market is going to end its short lived spike when the reality of all the new policies set in and investors run from the stock market like people running from a burning building. I think the stock market will tank to well below 5000, and I just wonder if the Obama supporters will be so quick and happy to show their faces and brag that they supported the person and the policies that dumped us into a depression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections