Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Did You Vote For?
Obama 81 51.92%
McCain 75 48.08%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,236,443 times

Advertisements

Voted for Obama and happy with my vote. I was originally for Hillary and considered her a tough cookie and Obama a bit of a lightweight. But I'll concede that Hillary might not have won against McCain, since she is so despised by so many people.

After Hillary lost the primary, I even considered McCain since he seemed reasonable and had the experience, but that was before the Palin pick. I watched Palin speak at the convention, and that was the end of my brief toying with the idea of voting GOP. Not to mention his wacky behavior during the campaign, and the types of crowds he and Palin attracted.

I got more informed about Obama and got more impressed. I'm glad we have a sober-minded, intelligent, deliberate President in office, rather than a shoot-from-the-hip cowboy or a "maverick". I don't agree with Obama 100% on every issue, but I wish him the best and he has my support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM

51 posts, read 115,009 times
LoL agree with your post. Obama is spend us to brankrupcty and not one thing he will try will pass congress and we will be worse then bush and bush was bad also. We have clueless people running the
USA

Michael75065

Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,886 times
Obama.

I have no regrets. Honestly I rather vote for Bush than give Palin a shot at the white house.

The world is not black and white. Obama has to navigate through many grays, many issues and challenges to steer the country to the right direction. Although I don't agree/understand the reasoning behind all of his decisions, I do believe he has studied all the issues more thoroughly than I can ever and has made the best decisions he can.

Let's face it, now is not exactly the golden age of USA. It's gonna get tougher before it gets better. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,756 times
I voted for McCain, despite McCain; only voted for him because he chose SP as his running mate. I hope she runs in '12; she'll have my vote.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I voted for McCain, despite McCain; only voted for him because he chose SP as his running mate. I hope she runs in '12; she'll have my vote.
You say that you would vote for her a lot.

What is it about Sarah Palin that appeals to you so much if I may ask?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,350,119 times
I didn't vote for either of em (underaged), I rooted for Obama though .

Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Sure, and thanks for being polite. I agree with her on every social and fiscal issue and I really respect and admire self made women.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Sure, and thanks for being polite. I agree with her on every social and fiscal issue and I really respect and admire self made women.
No problem.

Wow. You mean there is a politician you agree with on with everything? I tend to disagree with her on mainly everything and do not think she is very self made.

But we have the right to disagree with each other.

See ya later.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well? I was a McCain supporter also and would like to know why she appealed to you while completely turning me off due to her lack of knowledge of all things political, economic, and international?

I mean no disrepect, I just want to understand what her appeal is.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
I voted for Obama. I was a Hillary Clinton supporter and then thought about voting for McCain until he selected Palin as a running mate. Then the 2 of them ran a very bad campaign full of exaggerations and hate speech, so I even joined the local Obama field office. Palin sounded great at the convention (reciting a speech that was 100% pre-written, except for the lipstick joke) but after that it was all downhill as far as I'm concerned. Remember in Colorado when she said Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." Then she was hidden away and coached for weeks and still couldn't answer questions.

Like the post above, I really don't understand her appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections