Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,491,310 times

Advertisements

Please tell me how my Dental care will also be free.

Barack says that he can make all of this deficit neutral.

If I need a cavity filled, how will this 1.3 trillion dollar plan pay for my filling?

My current insurance would pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,383,297 times
I have Dental, Medical and optical. Why would I want a plan that does not cover all? For the poor here, we have Tenn Care,so why does insurance for the poor have to be national.
I don't want to be told in 20 years that I'm to old to get medical care.
In England I was told you have to wait on a list, and you coulf die before they call your name.
Is that something you want?

Diane G

Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,904,518 times
DG - You were told a lie.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:25 AM

37,814 posts, read 41,113,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

If I need a cavity filled, how will this 1.3 trillion dollar plan pay for my filling?

Well, he might have to kill 5 old ladies for you to get your teeth cleaned.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:24 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,202,258 times
Dental Insurance has always been hard for us to get.My poor wife had Insurance just long enough to get her Teeth pulled and get False ones.She had them for a week and my Jack Russell ate them Now she has no teeth and we can't afford them.I feel so sorry for her.She was so proud to have them then this.

Me I have enough to still bite and chew so I'm not worrying about them yet.

hillman

Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,830,343 times
England will be our model for dental care. It's got the socialized plans.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,268,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

He's going to use lead instead of silver.... You know, that bring the cost down stuff..

Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,440,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
DG - You were told a lie.
You're right Greg, it's not like that but, it is like this. I was listening to the radio in the car the other day and I normally don't care for Limbaugh but, on that day Stien (Stein, not sure) was filling in for him (he's from Great Britain I guess...he had a British accent). He said he had a friend from the UK visiting and they were in NH (I think). This pain she had for several years at that point, was acting up and they took her to an emergency room to get her some relief. He said the hospital was really small and he was leary about letting any one there treat. She had been seeing a doctor back home about it and he said they would give her pain pills for it (I don't remember what it was called but, he said it was like tylenol in the US). They ran a few tests at the emergency room and determined that she had gout. All that time in her country, they wouldn't run the tests because each tests had diffrent requirements that neeeded to be met before they could run them.....they never told her that, they just didn't do them and gave her pain pills instead. This dumpy little hospital emergency room he said found in a matter of a couple of hours what her real problem. He said the billl was $200-300 (I'm not sure how far back that was....sounds cheap even for a dumpy little emergency room).

My point is, it's not like any one is going to say, "Hey you're too old to treat".....they're just going to do for people what they're allowed to do and the way they're allowed to do it....just like now with Medicare.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,812,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
You're right Greg, it's not like that but, it is like this. I was listening to the radio in the car the other day and I normally don't care for Limbaugh but, on that day Stien (Stein, not sure) was filling in for him (he's from Great Britain I guess...he had a British accent). He said he had a friend from the UK visiting and they were in NH (I think). This pain she had for several years at that point, was acting up and they took her to an emergency room to get her some relief. He said the hospital was really small and he was leary about letting any one there treat. She had been seeing a doctor back home about it and he said they would give her pain pills for it (I don't remember what it was called but, he said it was like tylenol in the US). They ran a few tests at the emergency room and determined that she had gout. All that time in her country, they wouldn't run the tests because each tests had diffrent requirements that neeeded to be met before they could run them.....they never told her that, they just didn't do them and gave her pain pills instead. This dumpy little hospital emergency room he said found in a matter of a couple of hours what her real problem. He said the billl was $200-300 (I'm not sure how far back that was....sounds cheap even for a dumpy little emergency room).

My point is, it's not like any one is going to say, "Hey you're too old to treat".....they're just going to do for people what they're allowed to do and the way they're allowed to do it....just like now with Medicare.
Right-wing radio: Don't trust it.

I'm sure someone could have the same story with private insurance: Fill out form 1,2b,3f,x670,438xyhmn and then we'll also need forms xyz263, b5, c6 from your doctor and we MIGHT approve of your dental work.

I personally haven't had any problems with my dental insurance but my heart goes out to those who have had issues with their dental insurance.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,440,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Right-wing radio: Don't trust it.

I'm sure someone could have the same story with private insurance: Fill out form 1,2b,3f,x670,438xyhmn and then we'll also need forms xyz263, b5, c6 from your doctor and we MIGHT approve of your dental work.

I personally haven't had any problems with my dental insurance but my heart goes out to those who have had issues with their dental insurance.
Private insurance? On a PPO, no.....it's fee for service....why would you not get the proper test to diagnose it....the more tests they run the more they get paid. On an HMO....maybe but, I doubt many would be unable to diagnose gout.

Do you pay the full premium on your dental insurance? If you are and you still like it....that's rare. If you don't and you had to, you probably wouldn't have the same opinion you have now. The problem is, if it's any good and pays a decent portion for any of the work you get done, then the premiums are very high. If you add up what you pay annually for dental insurance like that, you'll see that you could pay for some serious dental work with that much money.....every year......$1,200-1,800 per employee and $3,000-$4,500 for employee + family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections