Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:13 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think everyone in that room should have started to shout "Be no doubt , we will vote you out " !! and everyone of those town meetings where these government ppl started the same old rhetoric !!!
So, in your opinion>> The point of a town meeting is to shout down the speaker? The point of a town meeting is to accept misinformation without discussion/correction? The point of a town meeting is to accept hate speech without rebuttal? The point of a town meeting is chaos?

Craziness.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,418,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If citizens were allowed to shop across state borders for their health insurance, competition would increase dramatically, driving down the cost of health plans.

As for a public option for the poor. They still won't be able to afford it, out of pocket.

The poor will still get a free ride.
You obviously have no idea how much the public option would cost otherwise you wouldn't even bring up this point.

As for the "free ride" poor people are gonna get, is it that hard for you to help people who need it? You'd rather millions of America go without health care than give someone a "free ride". Fortunately, the rest of America doesn't share your messed up principals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think everyone in that room should have started to shout "Be no doubt , we will vote you out " !! and everyone of those town meetings where these government ppl started the same old rhetoric !!!
Haha, yes lets create an Us vs. Them war so that we can't accomplish anything. This is exactly why conservatives can't hold onto power.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:20 PM

377 posts, read 686,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Haha, yes lets create an Us vs. Them war so that we can't accomplish anything. This is exactly why conservatives can't hold onto power.
Nickeldude, you got it and I ‘am hip with you!

Dude, nobody should ever underestimate the American people. One major reason Obama won the elections was because many Republicans either voted for him or didn’t vote at all. Many Republicans have found themselves again, by virtue of being in the Party, consequently entangled or entwined politically to these harebrained individuals, bred and then unleashed to roam free by non-other then the Republican Party’s perennial nightmare / #1 menace - Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.

Mark this post and remember my words. After the next Mid-Term elections, the Democrats are going to have more then 60 seats in the Senate. I think it’s going to be close to where it is now in the House…

Last edited by Swordfish; 08-23-2009 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,371,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Nickeldude, you got it and I ‘am hip with you!

Dude, nobody should ever underestimate the American people. One major reason Obama won the elections was because many Republicans either voted for him or didn’t vote at all. Many Republicans have found themselves again, by virtue of being in the Party, consequently entangled or entwined politically to these harebrained individuals, bred and then unleashed to roam free by non-other then the Republican Party’s perennial nightmare / #1 menace - Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck.

Mark this post and remember my words. After the next Mid-Term elections, the Democrats are going to have more then 60 seats in the Senate. I think it’s going to be close to where it is now in the House…
I think that they realize this and therefore are trying to employ their greatest asset.......fear

Old 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,966,252 times
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress."

Unfortunately in politics this is thrown out the window. I am in favor pf everyone getting healthcare for one main reason and that is the less number of sick people out there and the more people able to get treatment and even more importantly preventative assistance the less likely I, my wife or more importantly my daughter is to get something from them. Yes it's impossible to stop it all BUT the more people getting help the better the chances.

Instead of people screaming and yelling "No, no, no" why not come up with a plan themselves. It's easy to do a thumbs down when you don't agree with something but it's gutless, cowardly and idiotic to not attempt to work together to come up with a solution. Politicians and their lemming followers make me sick.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,371,223 times
Hmmm, let me get this straight, if the people who are fortunate enough to be able to have a well paying job and health insurance are complaining that they have to pay for the poor who often go to the ER for care and the majority of the time are not able to pay for it, who do you think pays for it in the long run? the tax payors anyway. My question is why not support a program that promotes healthy living and preventative care BEFORE they have to go to the ER thus driving down the odds of them getting really sick and having a higher bill in the first place?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,610,640 times
I have to give it to Baney Frank! the gayest member of Congress with the biggest "cajones" to stand up to these lunatics at these town hall meetings!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM

377 posts, read 686,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I have to give it to Baney Frank! the gayest member of Congress with the biggest "cajones" to stand up to these lunatics at these town hall meetings!
I am not gay but I’ll say this; Baney Frank proves to us you don’t have to be non-gay to show us you are a man, but he shows us you could be very-gay and prove to us you are a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections