Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,270,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
This is scary!!! obamacare is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!

My Way News - Wait for benefits is 3 years if health care passes
Why is it scary to be sure something can be paid for before you buy it?

Your thread title is misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:56 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,175,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you want reform, and lower the cost of health care. then make it legal for any american to buy health insuance in any state they choose to, instead of only buying insuance in the state they live in.
Sorry Mrs Jones you're dying of breast cancer, to bad 42 is to young to die. We could have caught this sooner but you couldn't afford the breast cancer screening. Your insurance is written out of South Dakota and does not cover breast cancer screening. Oh well think of the bright side your mind works so you can pick out your own casket in your favorite color.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:13 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,107,087 times
Did people really think benefits would start the same day the bill's passed? Most people who understand politics realize anything takes time. It's just that some people get so biased in their opinions anything that takes more than 30 seconds to accomplish something gets deemed a failure (see conservatives and the Obama economic plan). Patience is a virtue young grasshoppers.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,495,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Your thread title is misleading.

If I came your house to sell you a product that will suck, and the word is out that you will buy this crappy product because you don't understand the flaws in it, as a salesman, I'd know I have a sucker on my list.

I'd also be able to tell you that all you have to do is make installment payments for three years before you will even have my product in your home. Then you'll have to make payments for the rest of your life. Your grandchildren will have to make payments for the rest of their lives.

The product in question now concerns health care in the United States. It could break the government.

By delusianne:
Quote:
You honestly think that you will pay for three years in advance and then it will be paid for? And then pay continually and that it will be deficit neutral?

You are absolutely nuts. And that's my opinion.

Also, concerning saving to make a good start on a big purchase, you should have told all the folks willing to jump into the subprime housing scene to watch their marbles ahead of time ... to make sure they could be responsible enough to handle their commitments. Instead, they and your Congress made sure it was possible to screw the American economy.

From your previous posts, I imagine that you think what Barney Frank began was a good thing.

You make no sense at all.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,107,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If I came your house to sell you a product that will suck, and the word is out that you will buy this crappy product because you don't understand the flaws in it, as a salesman, I'd know I have a sucker on my list.

I'd also be able to tell you that all you have to do is make installment payments for three years before you will even have my product in your home. Then you'll have to make payments for the rest of your life. Your grandchildren will have to make payments for the rest of their lives.

The product in question now concerns health care in the United States. It could break the government.

By delusianne:

You honestly think that you will pay for three years in advance and then it will be paid for? And then pay continually and that it will be deficit neutral?

You are absolutely nuts. And that's my opinion.

Also, concerning saving to make a good start on a big purchase, you should have told all the folks willing to jump into the subprime housing scene to watch their marbles ahead of time ... to make sure they could be responsible enough to handle their commitments. Instead, they and your Congress made sure it was possible to screw the American economy.

From your previous posts, I imagine that you think what Barney Frank began was a good thing.

You make no sense at all.
The thing is the product doesn't suck. America has some of the best doctors and medicine in the world. It's not as though every pill is going to be turned into a placebo and Devry is going to have a Medical School.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Sorry Mrs Jones you're dying of breast cancer, to bad 42 is to young to die. We could have caught this sooner but you couldn't afford the breast cancer screening. Your insurance is written out of South Dakota and does not cover breast cancer screening. Oh well think of the bright side your mind works so you can pick out your own casket in your favorite color.

Are you saying that you wouldn't know what your insurance plan will cover before you sign up?

If you have breasts, I recommend that you read your policy before you start paying for it.

Instead of saying, "Duh, I didn't know it wasn't covered".

"I bought a policy out of South Dakota, but I didn't read what I was buying".

It's too early in the morning to start this kind of stupidness.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
It's too early in the morning to start this kind of stupidness.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 AM

Many people could afford a monthly health insurance payment if they would just cut out their cable TV and car payment.

And don't tell me that people can't live without cable and high speed internet. You can also get transportation without a five year loan.

Many people can afford all of these things. That's because they work, and work hard.

Many people choose not to buy healthcare because they would rather have cable and some 40 ouncers every weekend. Before the Obama/Pelosi police come into your lives forcefully, you'd better think it over.

So far, the national healthcare bills in Congress will exclude 29,000,000 citizens. So, we're talking about spending trillions of dollars on something that will not advance anything.

Liberals. If you want to buy health insurance, remove cable TV, your cell phone, your high speed internet, quit smoking and buying Starbucks coffee. You too can have healthcare. And quit bitc*ing about how it's my responsibility to provide it for you.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Many people could afford a monthly health insurance payment if they would just cut out their cable TV and car payment.

And don't tell me that people can't live without cable and high speed internet. You can also get transportation without a five year loan.

Many people can afford all of these things. That's because they work, and work hard.

Many people choose not to buy healthcare because they would rather have cable and some 40 ouncers every weekend. Before the Obama/Pelosi police come into your lives forcefully, you'd better think it over.

So far, the national healthcare bills in Congress will exclude 29,000,000 citizens. So, we're talking about spending trillions of dollars on something that will not advance anything.

Liberals. If you want to buy health insurance, remove cable TV, your cell phone, your high speed internet, quit smoking and buying Starbucks coffee. You too can have healthcare. And quit bitc*ing about how it's my responsibility to provide it for you.
It must be very comforting to see the world as a big Saturday morning cartoon program.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,800,010 times
You would think lowering the cost of insurance would be the goal. This way everyone could afford a policy of some kind. Tort reform would lower medical costs substantially. We lived next door to a mal practice attorney who was very good at ruining the lives of OBGYN's. He would brag about winning cases on a thin dime of truth. Why we do not focus on the root cause is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections