Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times

Advertisements

obama wants obamacare; mean while war vets still waiting for health benefits
I wonder if our vets problems crossed hussein empty chair obamas's mind when he was sipping $800 Champagne with Jay Z

Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits

With the war in Iraq over and the one in Afghanistan winding down, the VA is sorting through a backlog of more than 860,000 disability claims from American veterans. More than a quarter of those vets -- 228,000 -- have been waiting for a year or more.
Rioux has been trying to get his disability claim fully processed since January 2011, shortly after he returned from Afghanistan.

Because of his debilitating injuries, neither Rioux nor his wife, Maggie, is able to work full time. Rioux said without his wife's care, "I'd be in the fetal position. I'd be curled up in a ball. I couldn't do it."
He can afford it, she can't: Couple's health care dilemma

The Riouxes and their 23-year-old daughter, Alex, are living at his mother's home outside Phoenix. Maggie and Alex share a bedroom, while Mike sleeps on the living room couch every night.
At 51, he said that makes him feel ashamed.

"I feel low," he said. "How can I support my family, let alone ... keep a roof over their head so that my daughter can have her own room? My wife and I can't have a bed to sleep together? We're on couches. We sleep separate. ... That hurts a lot. I miss her."
Hundreds of thousands of war vets still waiting for health benefits - CNN.com

Old 10-02-2012, 01:30 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
I wonder if our vets problems crossed hussein empty chair obamas's mind when he was sipping $800 Champagne with Jay Z

With the war in Iraq over and the one in Afghanistan winding down, the VA is sorting through a backlog of more than 860,000 disability claims from American veterans. More than a quarter of those vets -- 228,000 -- have been waiting for a year or more.
Rioux has been trying to get his disability claim fully processed since January 2011, shortly after he returned from Afghanistan.

Because of his debilitating injuries, neither Rioux nor his wife, Maggie, is able to work full time. Rioux said without his wife's care, "I'd be in the fetal position. I'd be curled up in a ball. I couldn't do it."

The Riouxes and their 23-year-old daughter, Alex, are living at his mother's home outside Phoenix. Maggie and Alex share a bedroom, while Mike sleeps on the living room couch every night.

"I feel low," he said. "How can I support my family, let alone ... keep a roof over their head so that my daughter can have her own room? My wife and I can't have a bed to sleep together? We're on couches. We sleep separate. ... That hurts a lot. I miss her."
I think the President's record is clear, and complimentary when it comes to Vets and their families. Unlike Romney's ruthless attack on Soldiers, their families and the Vets. Damned anti-American attacks, if you ask me. That's why a majority of active duty and their families will vote for the President's re-election.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post

Then Ryan's plan to cut 11 billion from the federal budget for veterans services would be kind of bad, huh.... That and gutting medicare, which is also used overwhelmingly by wounded veterans. Gotta make those cuts so we can give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks!

Jon Soltz: GOP Budget Doesn't Even Say the Word "Veteran"

Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think the President's record is clear, and complimentary when it comes to Vets and their families. Unlike Romney's ruthless attack on Soldiers, their families and the Vets. Damned anti-American attacks, if you ask me. That's why a majority of active duty and their families will vote for the President's re-election.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Every Vet I know is going to vote for Romney.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Then Ryan's plan to cut 11 billion from the federal budget for veterans services would be kind of bad, huh.... That and gutting medicare, which is also used overwhelmingly by wounded veterans. Gotta make those cuts so we can give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks!

Jon Soltz: GOP Budget Doesn't Even Say the Word "Veteran"
And lies and spin continue from the left.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And lies and spin continue from the left.
First, you WISH I was left, lol

Second, why don't you get off your cracked potty throne and read the Ryan plan. I linked documentation to my comments--yours is just a typical rant from the nut job gallery--if you don't like the truth, deny deny deny even if the facts are put in front of you on a platter. It's like you live in another reality where people don't actually CHECK what you say...

Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
The GOP could care less about the troops and others in uniform. It took John Stewart calling out the GOP hypocrisy for shutting down the 9/11 first responders bill the democrats were trying to pass to give direly needed care to the heroes on 9/11.

After the light was shown on the anti-american GOP trash and the absolute disgust from the american people on how in the world the GOP would block such a bill, they finally passed it.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,633 times
The Republicans want you while you're useful - once you're injured or retired - forget it.

I've never understood why disabled vets vote Republican - they've had far more benefits under the Democrats.

And as for backlogs - well that's unfortunate but I'm sure investing millions of dollars to pay more administration staff would result in howls of protest from the right.

Republicans "pledge" to slash veterans benefits » peoplesworld

Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times
from the site that obama brownie queens love to quote and swear that it's not partisan .

Veterans retreating from President Obama
But recent polls make clear that the president’s campaign is losing the battle. Even as Obama leads in Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Virginia, Mitt Romney is up by double digits among veterans in those states. Nationwide, he’s got a commanding 20-percentage-point lead over Obama and has even overtaken the president with younger veterans.
Veterans retreating from President Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Obama failing military voters
Nation’s heroes need time to vote

Obama is the first and only commander-in-chief in the history of the republic to petition a federal court with a claim that allowing the men and women who serve under his command three extra days to vote in-person by absentee ballot is a violation of the Constitution.
ARENDS: Obama failing military voters - Washington Times

Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Ooops

"President Obama signed a bill today designed to improve veterans' health care, help homeless veterans and prevent political protests near military funerals.
"I think all Americans feel we have a moral, sacred duty towards our men and women in uniform," Obama said during a brief Oval Office ceremony. "They protect our freedom, and it's our obligation to do right by them. This bill takes another important step in fulfilling that commitment."

Obama signs veterans' aid bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.