Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

Time to hear from those who the election impacts the most. Take a look at those who understand the cost of an administration being both stubborn and ignorant.

Vets for Obama |

Last edited by LML; 10-01-2008 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:07 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
Although I'm not a "member" of VFO per se, I'm a vet, and a huge Obama fan, and neighborhood canvasser, and donator.

golfgod

Old 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
Yet he wouldnt visit a Veterans hospital in Germany full of injured soldiers unless his camera crew was with him

Hell he wouldnt have visited Germany at all if John hadnt prodded him to get off his lazy arse

Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Yet he wouldnt visit a Veterans hospital in Germany full of injured soldiers unless his camera crew was with him

Hell he wouldnt have visited Germany at all if John hadnt prodded him to get off his lazy arse
Obviously the OP must have been referring to veterinarians, not veterans. Since no sane veteran in their right mind could possibly even consider voting for any candidate from the party that hates the military and supports al Qaeda.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:

Check out how the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America rate Obama and McCain (and everyone else in congress) on veterans' affairs.

IAVA - Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America - Full Ratings List (http://www.iava.org/full-ratings-list - broken link)

<hint: Obama is rated considerably higher>

Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Time to hear from those who the election impacts the most.
I'm curious why veterans will be impacted more than any one else. I think we ALL have a lot riding on this election, especially given the present state of our economy. And I'm not knocking vets - vets have a lot on the line. My point is, we all do.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:

The first sentence - been completely debunked, you're late.

The second sentence - haha, you mean when John's bullying backfired on him? (And note that John hasn't repeated that sort of game since then, just like a typical bully.)

Why did John not show up to vote on the new GI BiIl? Every other Senator was there, except Ted Kennedy who was hospitalized.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
I saw what happend and will make up my onw mind TYVM

Old 10-01-2008, 05:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
If McCain is for the veterans why has he stonewalled efforts to find missing POWs/MIAs in Vietnam?

There's a difference between being for war and being for veterans. You can support a war and not give a rat's ass about what happens to the troops after they come home. We already have homeless Iraq war veterans on the streets and the occupation isn't even over.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:24 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I'm curious why veterans will be impacted more than any one else. I think we ALL have a lot riding on this election, especially given the present state of our economy. And I'm not knocking vets - vets have a lot on the line. My point is, we all do.

I don't think Vets will be affected only active duty .

Active duty will certainly be affected more so than civilians. They might leave Iraq or not. They might wind up be extended ,etc list is endless.

I am undecided was Obama but now on the fence and none of the reasons have to do with military in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections