Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:55 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------------

Your son has a high rank even LT and Captains don't mess with Sgt .Majors .
Our Sgt Major told our 1st Lt to bleep bleep bleep and had him kicked out of military guy lost his commission .
Hey, it's even better because it is my DAUGHTER who is the Sgt. Major and believe me, no one DOES mess with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
This vet is for Obama, we need a level headed presidential approach to the use of military power.

McCain obviously believes the Iraq war the correct thing to do.
Our soldiers are being run out of the military right now, why would they stay?
And even as soldiers leave the military, McCain is against them getting benifits.

I know many vets and active duty that can't wait to vote for Obama.
Also I know many defense contractors who are voting McCain simply to keep their jobs.

What is more important to people; American life, innocent foreign lives or money?

Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am on the fence as don't dislike Obama but can not stand Pelosi and Reid.
Good thing Pelosi and Reid are not running for president. I'm not particularly fond of either one, although Reid was correct in calling McCain's "stop the debate so I can save the economy" stunt for what it was. Independents should vote for candidates and not parties.

I'm never officially "decided" until Election Day, but after a lot of skepticism and then watching McCain and Palin run a farce of an election I'm leaning toward Obama. It's helped to that end, ironically, that I've done some fact-checking on the bunk that gets thrown around on this forum.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are a liar. Democrats utterly dispise the military, which is why the Senate Majority leader told them the war was lost years ago. Which is why Senator Durbin called them NAZIs. Which is why Senator Murtha called them "cold-blooded murders" (not al Qaeda mind you, but our own military). Which is why Kerry accused our military of terrorizing women and children. Which is why Obama accused our military of air-raiding viliages and killing civilians. There is deep-seated hatred by every Democrat of our military. They try to pretend otherwise, but their actions and their words say otherwise.

Democrats have blocked every effort to go after al Qaeda that has been introduced in Congress. The Democrat Party is the greatest ally al Qaeda could possibly have.

It is Obama who has voted against funding our military and berated them at every opportunity he had, and you call that "support?" Truly amazing.
------------

If you calm down and look up voting records as far as VA benefits,etc the Dems in last few yrs have done more than GOP .

BOTH parties have pros/cons.
Gop sending troops but than trying to cut back on benefits isnt my version of support.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Hey, it's even better because it is my DAUGHTER who is the Sgt. Major and believe me, no one DOES mess with her.

lol oh your daughter nice as NOT EASY for a woman to get to highest NCO rank there is .

I was in artillery it's all guys thus never thought a woman was Sgt Major but ofcourse there are.

I was just a lowly E4 was in over 3 yrs as extended 6 months over seas .

Don't you let her boss you around as trust me she is used to it .

Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are a liar. Democrats utterly dispise the military, which is why the Senate Majority leader told them the war was lost years ago. Which is why Senator Durbin called them NAZIs. Which is why Senator Murtha called them "cold-blooded murders" (not al Qaeda mind you, but our own military). Which is why Kerry accused our military of terrorizing women and children. Which is why Obama accused our military of air-raiding viliages and killing civilians. There is deep-seated hatred by every Democrat of our military. They try to pretend otherwise, but their actions and their words say otherwise.

Democrats have blocked every effort to go after al Qaeda that has been introduced in Congress. The Democrat Party is the greatest ally al Qaeda could possibly have.

It is Obama who has voted against funding our military and berated them at every opportunity he had, and you call that "support?" Truly amazing.
What color is the sky in your world? You clearly do not have a single clue about the truth. Where do you get this much misinformation? It is hard to believe that anyone could be so completely wrong...but you are.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Good thing Pelosi and Reid are not running for president. I'm not particularly fond of either one, although Reid was correct in calling McCain's "stop the debate so I can save the economy" stunt for what it was. Independents should vote for candidates and not parties.

I'm never officially "decided" until Election Day, but after a lot of skepticism and then watching McCain and Palin run a farce of an election I'm leaning toward Obama. It's helped to that end, ironically, that I've done some fact-checking on the bunk that gets thrown around on this forum.
------------

Actually in a way Pelosi and Reid are running for Pres as if Obama wins it is now one party take all.

If Mccain wins it is now balance of power .

Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
These wars are being horribly funded and mismanaged, McCain will not change a thing.

An Army National Guardsmen was not meant to be sent into a foreign war 3 out of the last 6 years. This is how spread thin the Republicans have ran this operation.

An army sergeant trained in forward observation was not meant to be a truck driver, however under republican management this is what has occurred.

Any idea how much of our front line in the military consists of Non-Americans from Latin America?

This is what happens when a Bush Administration has managed, same will occur under McCain.

403 posts, read 935,332 times
My husband is a vet (just got out two months ago) and we both support Obama. A lot of my Army spouse friends supported Bush saying that they gave pay raises and more perks for the military. BUT in the past four years I have hardly ever saw my spouse between three different deployments. He worked insane hours. They are stretched way too thin. It has been the worst few years. Yes, our pay was higher but at a price!!! Do people not understand this???? I would have rather he got paid less, had less benefits but he was actually home.

I would much rather have Obama's support by vowing to end this senseless war.

1,535 posts, read 2,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Although I'm not a "member" of VFO per se, I'm a vet, and a huge Obama fan, and neighborhood canvasser, and donator.

golfgod
VV, huge Obama fan, neighborhood canvasser, donator and data entry volunteer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections