Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If McCain is for the veterans why has he stonewalled efforts to find missing POWs/MIAs in Vietnam?

There's a difference between being for war and being for veterans. You can support a war and not give a rat's ass about what happens to the troops after they come home. We already have homeless Iraq war veterans on the streets and the occupation isn't even over.

You speak the truth and believe me when I tell you that a whole LOT of Vets (and those of us who are widows and mothers) KNOW that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,344,800 times
Quote:
If McCain is for the veterans why has he stonewalled efforts to find missing POWs/MIAs in Vietnam?

There's a difference between being for war and being for veterans. You can support a war and not give a rat's ass about what happens to the troops after they come home. We already have homeless Iraq war veterans on the streets and the occupation isn't even over.

Mccain is a veteran "is one of us" which gives him a plus vs Obama but his voting record sings another tune .
Your correct as far as being for war than not giving a damn about the soldiers.

Our local parasite Rep congressman Diaz-Balarts is one of the most gun ho drooling pro war neocons you can fathom . Ofcourse the vile parasite never served .

He than voted AGAINST on close to all Vet benefits and medical care.

Most vets trust other vets thus Mccain gets a "pass" but the Rep party which he walks with is a pile of "doo doo" when it comes to anything Vet .

Dems USED to be the anti Vet party things have changed in last few yrs and this new neo GOP party lost a lot of vet support.

GOP will NOT carry Vet vote this yr it will go 50/50 as GOP does NOT deserve the Vet vote .

PA my old state has lots Vets way more than here and you could safely say a GOP vote but NOT anymore it can go either way.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:

---------------------
"We already have homeless Iraq war veterans on the streets and the occupation isn't even over."

And Dem Congress is doing what about it in last 2 years?

Answer= NOTHING

This is why I am Independent as BOTH parties are great at blaming the other giving speeches but not much more.

By the way not saying GOP is doing a thing either as BOTH parties care more about their house plant than Vets or active duty.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
LML LML started this thread

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Obviously the OP must have been referring to veterinarians, not veterans. Since no sane veteran in their right mind could possibly even consider voting for any candidate from the party that hates the military and supports al Qaeda.

Well, #1. You are wrong, as you would know if you'd watch the video. There are a LOT of Vets AND active duty who are seriously down on their knees praying that Obama wins.

Democrats do not hate the military and certainly do NOT support al Qaeda. In fact, it is Obama who is urging that the military finishes al Qaeda off instead of using the military to fight for Haliburton's profits.

It is Obama who votes for and speaks out for support for veterans. It is McCain who has voted against almost every single bill for vets and who refused to even go and see the treatment program set up for PTSD when it is IN HIS OWN STATE. McCain gets only around a 30% approval rating from vet groups. McCain even fought against those who wanted to find the MIA and remaining POW in Viet Nam.

McCain cares nothing about the troops. He only cares about the war and trying to use it for his own glory. He is still trying to prove to his dead dad that he can be a warrior.

And, as a widow of a Viet Nam Marine and a mother of a current Sgt. Major, I support those who care enough about the troops to not want to use them for corporate profit.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:45 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
---------------------
This is why I am Independent
If you'd take the time to read my posts you'd find that I'm independent too.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
If you'd take the time to read my posts you'd find that I'm independent too.

I never said you weren't but granted I implied it

Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,430,464 times
This vet is not for Obama and never will be.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, #1. You are wrong, as you would know if you'd watch the video. There are a LOT of Vets AND active duty who are seriously down on their knees praying that Obama wins.

Democrats do not hate the military and certainly do NOT support al Qaeda. In fact, it is Obama who is urging that the military finishes al Qaeda off instead of using the military to fight for Haliburton's profits.

It is Obama who votes for and speaks out for support for veterans. It is McCain who has voted against almost every single bill for vets and who refused to even go and see the treatment program set up for PTSD when it is IN HIS OWN STATE. McCain gets only around a 30% approval rating from vet groups. McCain even fought against those who wanted to find the MIA and remaining POW in Viet Nam.

McCain cares nothing about the troops. He only cares about the war and trying to use it for his own glory. He is still trying to prove to his dead dad that he can be a warrior.

And, as a widow of a Viet Nam Marine and a mother of a current Sgt. Major, I support those who care enough about the troops to not want to use them for corporate profit.
-------------
I am sorry about your husband.
Your son has a high rank even LT and Captains don't mess with Sgt .Majors .
Our Sgt Major told our 1st Lt to bleep bleep bleep and had him kicked out of military guy lost his commission .

You let your son have it when he visits trust me he has made plenty of lives difficult. Tell him an ex E4 told you that.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
This vet is not for Obama and never will be.

I am on the fence as don't dislike Obama but can not stand Pelosi and Reid.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:55 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,473,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

You are a liar. Democrats utterly dispise the military, which is why the Senate Majority leader told them the war was lost years ago. Which is why Senator Durbin called them NAZIs. Which is why Senator Murtha called them "cold-blooded murders" (not al Qaeda mind you, but our own military). Which is why Kerry accused our military of terrorizing women and children. Which is why Obama accused our military of air-raiding viliages and killing civilians. There is deep-seated hatred by every Democrat of our military. They try to pretend otherwise, but their actions and their words say otherwise.

Democrats have blocked every effort to go after al Qaeda that has been introduced in Congress. The Democrat Party is the greatest ally al Qaeda could possibly have.

It is Obama who has voted against funding our military and berated them at every opportunity he had, and you call that "support?" Truly amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections