Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,995 times

Advertisements

Bank of America credit card holders who never carried a balance — and never incurred interest charges or late fees — could be among those getting notices.

I hope all of you reading this that this pertains to, please cancel your credit cards. If B of A, does this..others will follow.

I am telling you everytime I turn around I am getting fed up with all the fees imposed on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times
It amazes me that there's people who still use BOA.

I stopped using them when they decided to give Illegals Credit Cards.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
How about a link?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:30 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
I have to say I was pretty mad at BoA this week, but to move my accounts is such a hassle.

My checking account funds were put "on hold", so when I went to online banking I noticed that my balance was zero! I immmediately thought of ID theft, but after being transferred a couple of times and spending more than 1 hour on the phone I was told that $ 2,000.- were transferred into my account from some one elses CD and it wasn't my money. I explained that I had done a withdrawel of $ 2,000.- on the date that was posted and it was correct....but BoA told me the CD it was taken from wasn't my account...only after I had asked to speak with a supervisor I was told this. She appologized for the mistake of their employee and the hold would be taken off in 7 business days! This made me so mad because I couldn't transfer any money into my checking account and neither could any of my online bills be paid...so a lot of trouble, late fees and maybe even more since 2 utilty bills were planned to be taken out of my checking account.....close to 2 hours into the phone call, the "hold" was taken off and everything was back to "normal"....things like that really pisses me off, they should at least give the customer a gift card for the trouble they have to go through...

One day later I get a $ 17.- monthly fee on another account although a new bank manager had told me she had put in the computer that just as previous years my accounts wouldn't get any fees...when I went to speak with this new bank manager she told me to speak with one of the bank employees who would solve it...which happened but this employee told me the bank manager never had changed my account only put a different kind of thing on my account for which I have to use my debit card for just a few cents every months in order not to get any fees...I used it at the gas station for $0.05 and than used my credit card!

BoA had also a new cc with $ 100.- gift if you opened a reward cc...which I already have but the girl told me I could open another one and you get so many extra points...it sounded to good to be true so i asked for a flier which took almost 15 to be printed off their comp. and found out you get extra points for 6 months, and than you are stuck with the same old b.s. Many people who will fall for it will have to deal with an extra account, extra time to pay another cc off and easily can be forgotten, so great for BoA to get more late fees, etc...

Old 10-14-2009, 02:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
I despise Bank of America.

I made a thread about wanting to leave them but as BentleBee says, it is a hassle.

I logged in today on my credit card to find a "finance fee". Excuse me? I PAY ON TIME EVERY TIME. They will be hearing from me soon.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Uh - interesting comments, to say the least.

Look Palm Springs,

Why do you think the economy tanked?

It's because Barney Frank ( wet underpants and all ) forced banks into sub-prime loans.

Loans to people ( homosexuals included ) who could never live up to their mortgage commitments.

Victims are you?

The next time you actually support and contribute to America, please let me know.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

Loans to people ( homosexuals included ) who could never live up to their mortgage commitments.
Why would you single out homosexuals in this discussion? I am trying to understand the relevance. Does being gay somehow prevent you from paying your mortgage?

In fact, I think the opposite is actually true. Educated and well-employeed homosexuals tend to have higher credit ratings than many heterosexuals. There has been a ton of articles over the years regarding why companies and marketers are targeting gay and lesbian markets because they tend to be more affluent and have more disposable income than heterosexuals in the same economic bracket.

Considering the way my wife shops, I think its probably true!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:41 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I made a thread about wanting to leave them but as BentleBee says, it is a hassle.

I logged in today on my credit card to find a "finance fee". Excuse me? I PAY ON TIME EVERY TIME. They will be hearing from me soon.
Here's your chance to tell them off...sort of

Bank of America Sucks • Index page

Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Bank of America credit card holders who never carried a balance — and never incurred interest charges or late fees — could be among those getting notices.

I hope all of you reading this that this pertains to, please cancel your credit cards. If B of A, does this..others will follow.

I am telling you everytime I turn around I am getting fed up with all the fees imposed on me.
I've not seen this story. Getting notices regarding what?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Although I don't currently have any accounts at Bank of America, I've had checking & savings accounts, and I still use their Visa card. I have never been charged a fee for checking or any other service. People who don't pay their bills on time or write checks when they don't have enough money in their accounts are usually the ones complaining. IMO the new credit card laws don't protect consumers, only those who can't manage their own money.

Now, please don't take this as an attack on anyone who is posting here. I'm only stating my personal experience. My limits haven't been lowered, I've never been charged an annual fee and I continue to receive 0% balance transfer offers, although I usually decline them. I'm not rich at all, in fact, I've been out of work for months. I just pay my bills or don't use my credit cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

BTW, if you read the thousands of posts I've written, you can see I'm a Democrat & a liberal (maybe a conservative liberal?) but if someone gets a finance charge and paid off the balance in full before the due date, that's illegal. I don't believe it. What do you mean by "on time?"

However, thanks to the OP for the warning. I'll keep an eye on my monthly statement. In fact, I'll sign on right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections