Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times

Advertisements

Excellent. This will cement the seat for the GOP.

Although, she might sacrifice her integrity and principles by voting for reconciliation to pander to the Left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,902,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent. This will cement the seat for the GOP.

Although, she might sacrifice her integrity and principles by voting for reconciliation to pander to the Left.
Since Reconstruction, there has been only ONE Republican Senator from Arkansas. ONE. So the GOP has some work to do if they hope to "cement the seat".

Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, Halter is a more liberal Democrat than Lincoln. Lincoln is in serious trouble, but the hopes for Halter aren't all that "remote". Halter won a statewide election. While I'm sure you're supporting Boozman at this point, and he's a serious challenger, he's only won district elections in the Republican stronghold of Northwest Arkansas. Arkansas votes Democratic for their Congressional delegations. Regularly, and predictably. The exceptions have been very few. Northwest Arkansas is the only district that votes in Republican representatives. Halter could win in November if he wins the primary.

actually I am not sure if I am supporting Boozman, I am on the fence right now. I like a few others as well. Yes, we think of NWA as the Republican strong hold, but look at Synder, he dropped out for a few reasons, one, he was so far behind in the polls it was scary..

Normally I would agree with you, but right now, there are so many issues that the Republicans stand a great chance of picking up Lincolns seat as well as as Snyders... Of course he could win, anything can happen, this year I have a feeling things might change here. We will see...

Nita

Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
actually I am not sure if I am supporting Boozman, I am on the fence right now. I like a few others as well. Yes, we think of NWA as the Republican strong hold, but look at Synder, he dropped out for a few reasons, one, he was so far behind in the polls it was scary..

Normally I would agree with you, but right now, there are so many issues that the Republicans stand a great chance of picking up Lincolns seat as well as as Snyders... Of course he could win, anything can happen, this year I have a feeling things might change here. We will see...

Nita
I would agree that the GOP still has the upper hand, but Halter has a better chance of holding the seat than Lincoln. He has an ad out by the way.

YouTube - Bill Halter's First Ad: Watch Him

Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,902,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
It's not that we think of NWA as the Republican stronghold, it is the Republican stronghold.

As for Snyder, he didn't drop-out. He never intended to run. He's served eight times. He's got a new set of triplets at home and a three-year old, and he wants to be home with them. If he'd intended to run, he'd have done some fund-raising. But he didn't do ANY fund-raising, because he'd already decided not to run. And he's never had less than 57% support at the polls, in a conservative-leaning district. I will say that I think the US Attorney running on the Republican ticket in that district has a good chance of winning, but he's been running by himself. So right now we don't really know how good his chances are. When he's actually got a Democrat to run against, we'll have a better feel for how that contest is going to go.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
After seeing her new ad, I think its fair to put her chance of losing in the Primary at almost 100%. I can understand running this ad in a General, but when you are getting a Primary challenge when many members of your party are pissed off at you??

YouTube - What Its Like

Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not so impressive. Three million came from the AFL-CIO and $620,000 came from MoveOn.org. You think they all vote in Arkansas?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not so impressive. Three million came from the AFL-CIO and $620,000 came from MoveOn.org. You think they all vote in Arkansas?
Heck many people in AR have little respect for AFL-CIO and don't even know what MoveOn.org is. I do agree with Smash, she stands a heck of a good chance of losing the primary..What started out to be a nothing race, certainly is heating up. The Republicans have a million candidates and the Dems actually have 3 now. Some guy filed yesterday..

Nita

Old 03-06-2010, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't necessarily approve of the practice, but, it worked for Scott Brown, so, the precedent has been set. As per the link below, 75% of the donations the Senator received prior to election were from outside MA.

"The review found that three out of every four dollars came from supporters outside of Massachusetts, with California, New York and Texas among the most generous states. "

Sen. Scott Brown Reports Raising $14M Since Jan. 1 - wbztv.com

Equally impressive.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:33 PM

just an update and I don't know who's figures are correct, but according to the paper today he raised closer to 1 mil the first week, not 4 in one day. Again, I don't know which is right, probably 1/2 inbetween..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections