Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,005,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, and the guy is running away from DC democrats. In fact, he doesn't like labels at all, labels like liberal and democrat.

This would be good if he beats Lincoln.

It would seal the seat for the GOP.
and he many very well beat her. We will know in less than a month. We have only lived in AR 2 years, but from what we have seen, Lincoln's biggest problem has been her inability to excite either side.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,528,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Ross, who is a moderate to conservative democrat will win, do you really think the Republicans will not keep AR-3 which is also open? If they do and they take AR-2 it will be a 50/50 situation. Add to that the possibility of Lincoln's seat. This could be a win/win for the Republicans. Of course it could spell disaster as well.

Nita

I know the GOP has AR-3, and that is safe for them. I was just responding to the losing a couple House seats comment. That really isn't true. Out of the House seats only AR-2 may flip, none of the others will.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,027,922 times
Quote:
and he many very well beat her. We will know in less than a month. We have only lived in AR 2 years, but from what we have seen, Lincoln's biggest problem has been her inability to excite either side.

Nita
If he beats her, I think that seals the deal for the GOP.

That poll shows that people are very much opposed to the HC bill and I can't imagine them voting out Lincoln and then electing a guy more liberal than she is. Arkansas is a very conservative state.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,005,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I know the GOP has AR-3, and that is safe for them. I was just responding to the losing a couple House seats comment. That really isn't true. Out of the House seats only AR-2 may flip, none of the others will.
ok, I will buy that, I should have said, they may end up with 2 seats. No, I do not think they will gain 2 plus the one they have. My mistake, regardless, the Republicans are a bit stronger in AR than for many years.

Nita

Old 04-11-2010, 09:58 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,528,134 times
Quote:
ok, I will buy that, I should have said, they may end up with 2 seats. No, I do not think they will gain 2 plus the one they have. My mistake, regardless, the Republicans are a bit stronger in AR than for many years.

Nita
I do agree with that. As far as the Senate seat goes if Lincoln wins the Primary its pretty much gone for the Dems. She excites the base about as much as watching paint dry would excite someone, and her flip flopping has made no one happy. Her only chance is pretty much a scandal hitting the GOP candidate (likely to be Boozman). If Halter wins the Primary, its still a likely GOP pick up, but he would have a better chance at holding the seat. To really get a fair gauge at Halter you probably do need to wait until a few weeks after the Primary (early or perhaps mid June).

Old 04-11-2010, 11:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,020,396 times
I thiught there was no way that any repubican could take Ted kennedy';s seat either and neither did nayone else. These are not noraml times it seems.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:24 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,107,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because you know Arkansas so well. The comment about beating your wife was offensive. As for progressives, think Bill Clinton.
The comment references Harry Reid's statement that unemployment leads to domestic violence.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,952,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, and the guy is running away from DC democrats. In fact, he doesn't like labels at all, labels like liberal and democrat.

This would be good if he beats Lincoln.

It would seal the seat for the GOP.

Family Feud Shaping Up in Democratic Senate Race in Arkansas - NYTimes.com

I can guarantee, it WILL come up against his general challenger.

Poll: Arkansans oppose health care legislation*|*Arkansas News (http://arkansasnews.com/2010/01/24/poll-arkansans-oppose-health-care-legislation/ - broken link)

I welcome and look forward to Lincoln or Halter running on obamacare.
Why would Lincoln or Halter run on obamacare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections