Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,084,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So anyone who disagrees with you is talking "kindergarten talk"....typical condescending liberal

What could Barry have done better? See my original post.........
No, using terms like "the apology tour" is kindergarten talk.

What would your solution have been to the dispute regarding the beer summit? Let the hate boil over?

The olympic bid? You really care? The last time America hosted the olympics one of you right wingers committed an act of terrorism.

All American auto industries sans Ford saw their profits rise in direct correlation to Cash for Clunkers

Cap and trade has given tax benefits to American companies. Of course all FOX will talk about is its failures.

The economic stimulus (which was a RW idea initially) is being used in quarters. He who puts all eggs in one basket receives none. Ever heard of the old bull and the young bull?

Obama's done about all he could. It takes years to clean an economic mess. (See: FDR)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
These days we only hear troglodites like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Retard Palin, and bill o'reilly spreading their ideological non-sense all over the place, and I ask to myself, other than the televangelists following, the animal killers and the hard core illiterate right wing, who listen to these obnoxious clowns???? they make absolutely no sense, and most of their speech is full of hate, every time I hear the crap they have to say, I feel like going 50 or 60 years back, there is no chance in hell that the republicans will re-take the white house with this kind of low level representation......
I believe rages like yours are much more filled with hate, but you have a rgiht to post whaever, just do not expect many to agree with you; only the most liberal or liberals would think your opinions are legit!!!

Nita

Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
No, using terms like "the apology tour" is kindergarten talk.

What would your solution have been to the dispute regarding the beer summit? Let the hate boil over?

The olympic bid? You really care? The last time America hosted the olympics one of you right wingers committed an act of terrorism.

All American auto industries sans Ford saw their profits rise in direct correlation to Cash for Clunkers

Cap and trade has given tax benefits to American companies. Of course all FOX will talk about is its failures.

The economic stimulus (which was a RW idea initially) is being used in quarters. He who puts all eggs in one basket receives none. Ever heard of the old bull and the young bull?

Obama's done about all he could. It takes years to clean an economic mess. (See: FDR)

Apology tour: It is what it is my left wing moonbat friend.

Beer summit: What would I have done? Well instead of saying: "I don't have the facts but the Cambridge police acted stupidly".
I would have said: "I don't have all the facts so I'm not prepared to comment at this time. Thank You." Obama threw gas on the flames thus causing the hate to boil over. The police officer in question was never charged. No lawsuit has been filed. Is that due to a beer with Barry or the fact that he acted within the lawful execution of his duties? That's rhetorical BTW.

The olympic bid? You really care?: Yes, I do. The president should have been far more concerned with domestic issues and refrained from wasting time and tax payer dollars on a grandstanding trip that ended in failure and made him look like an ass on the world stage. Apparently someone had forgotten to tell him that he can't get everything his way just because he's barrack Obama.

Cash for klunkers: Studies I read report that it led to a gain in market share for Japanese and Korean manufacturers at the expense of American car makers with only Ford not taking a large hit.

Cap and trade: Get real- this is a tax in disguise. Who do you think will actually pay for this?

The economic stimulus: One year in and it has an approval rating in the high 30's. We were told the package had to be passed so that unemployment would not go over 8%, but it may be 12% by the end of the year (Forbes).

How's that change working for us? Oh....and don't forget about the transparency of government and driving lobbyists out of Washington....

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,084,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Apology tour: It is what it is my left wing moonbat friend.
Well, Gerald Ford apologized to Japan, Reagan apologized to Russia. I guess they were both bad presidents.

Quote:
Beer summit: What would I have done? Well instead of saying: "I don't have the facts but the Cambridge police acted stupidly".
I would have said: "I don't have all the facts so I'm not prepared to comment at this time. Thank You." Obama threw gas on the flames thus causing the hate to boil over. The police officer in question was never charged. No lawsuit has been filed. Is that due to a beer with Barry or the fact that he acted within the lawful execution of his duties? That's rhetorical BTW.
How did Obama throw gas in the fire? He was a mediator in what could've escalated into a serious problem. You don't hear about neither the officer or professor having problems with other races and social classes now, do you?

Quote:
The olympic bid? You really care?: Yes, I do. The president should have been far more concerned with domestic issues and refrained from wasting time and tax payer dollars on a grandstanding trip that ended in failure and made him look like an ass on the world stage. Apparently someone had forgotten to tell him that he can't get everything his way just because he's barrack Obama.
Obama didn't look like a moron on the world stage. America has its positive image back internationally now thanks to Obama. Right wing morons like Eric Rudolph embarass America moreso than Obama ever has or ever will. And if I were a person of power and I had a chance to make my home city in my home country the home of the Olympics I'd go out of my way to do so. It'd be a good thing for the city and the country. And when did he pout about not getting it his way?

Quote:
Cash for klunkers: Studies I read report that it led to a gain in market share for Japanese and Korean manufacturers at the expense of American car makers with only Ford not taking a large hit.
It did backfire to an extent regarding Japanese automobile makers but manafacturing went up for American industries too

New Vehicles Manufacturers Toyota - 19.4%
General Motors - 17.6%
Ford - 14.4%
Honda - 13.0%
Nissan - 8.7%
Hyundai - 7.2%
Chrysler - 6.6%
Kia - 4.3%
Subaru - 2.5%
Mazda - 2.4%
Volkswagen - 2.0%
Suzuki - 0.6%
Mitsubishi - 0.5%
MINI - 0.4%
Smart - 0.2%
Volvo - 0.1%

DOT Press release (http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2009/dot13309.htm - broken link)

Quote:
Cap and trade: Get real- this is a tax in disguise. Who do you think will actually pay for this?
Do you understand how cap & trade works? It's a means of offering tax incentives to businesses. It has very little to do inflating tax rates. The cap and trade bill was already passed and I haven't seen any new taxes, which I just got $3800 in returns in BTW.

Quote:
The economic stimulus: One year in and it has an approval rating in the high 30's. We were told the package had to be passed so that unemployment would not go over 8%, but it may be 12% by the end of the year (Forbes).
The public's opinion has no bearing on the success of the package. Civil Rights were unpopular, were they a bad thing too? Many economists are saying it's saved jobs. It's not as wildly succesful as told, then again neither is any bill. It's a long process and not all the money has been spent. Go and look up the story of the old bull and young bull.

Quote:
How's that change working for us? Oh....and don't forget about the transparency of government and driving lobbyists out of Washington....
Anytime you want to compare the number of crooked lobbyists, corruption and bribery of the previous GOP Congress to the present DNC Congress...

And on a personal note the small business I work for is having its best year so far since 2003 it's working out fine for me. 2 record days so far and it's not even done with the 1st quarter.The way people are buying people have money. And I live in new Jersey, with all its industry and large assortment of businesses (oil, automobile, glass, docking, white collar) is generally indicative of the country and things are fine. Hope and change is working out just dandy for me.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
These days we only hear troglodites like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Retard Palin, and bill o'reilly spreading their ideological non-sense all over the place, and I ask to myself, other than the televangelists following, the animal killers and the hard core illiterate right wing, who listen to these obnoxious clowns???? they make absolutely no sense, and most of their speech is full of hate, every time I hear the crap they have to say, I feel like going 50 or 60 years back, there is no chance in hell that the republicans will re-take the white house with this kind of low level representation......
Scared, are ya?

Been contributing to their ratings? Afraid you are uninformed because you aren't hearing everything from the AKM (a** kissing media)?

I don't see any posters here wetting their pants over the likes of Keith Olbermann, Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow. Nobody goes, "Ooooooh, is Bill Maher or Chris Matthews the voice of the Democrats? Are they the leaders of your party? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I know you're scared. A year of controlling the House, Senate and the White House and nothing to show for it. Your leaders have you looking for boogeymen in all the wrong places so you don't notice what they're up to or should I say not up to. Beck, Limbaugh, etc., they don't control the White House, Senate or House of Representatives. They don't sit on the Supreme Court. Nobody votes for them. But if you keep fretting about them, another Scott Brown will pop up out of the woodwork when you aren't paying attention.

But you guys go on. You keep selling those books and driving up the ratings for our guys.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Well, Gerald Ford apologized to Japan, Reagan apologized to Russia. I guess they were both bad presidents.

How did Obama throw gas in the fire? He was a mediator in what could've escalated into a serious problem. You don't hear about neither the officer or professor having problems with other races and social classes now, do you?

Obama didn't look like a moron on the world stage. America has its positive image back internationally now thanks to Obama. Right wing morons like Eric Rudolph embarass America moreso than Obama ever has or ever will. And if I were a person of power and I had a chance to make my home city in my home country the home of the Olympics I'd go out of my way to do so. It'd be a good thing for the city and the country. And when did he pout about not getting it his way?

It did backfire to an extent regarding Japanese automobile makers but manafacturing went up for American industries too

New Vehicles Manufacturers Toyota - 19.4%
General Motors - 17.6%
Ford - 14.4%
Honda - 13.0%
Nissan - 8.7%
Hyundai - 7.2%
Chrysler - 6.6%
Kia - 4.3%
Subaru - 2.5%
Mazda - 2.4%
Volkswagen - 2.0%
Suzuki - 0.6%
Mitsubishi - 0.5%
MINI - 0.4%
Smart - 0.2%
Volvo - 0.1%

DOT Press release (http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2009/dot13309.htm - broken link)

Do you understand how cap & trade works? It's a means of offering tax incentives to businesses. It has very little to do inflating tax rates. The cap and trade bill was already passed and I haven't seen any new taxes, which I just got $3800 in returns in BTW.

The public's opinion has no bearing on the success of the package. Civil Rights were unpopular, were they a bad thing too? Many economists are saying it's saved jobs. It's not as wildly succesful as told, then again neither is any bill. It's a long process and not all the money has been spent. Go and look up the story of the old bull and young bull.

Anytime you want to compare the number of crooked lobbyists, corruption and bribery of the previous GOP Congress to the present DNC Congress...

And on a personal note the small business I work for is having its best year so far since 2003 it's working out fine for me. 2 record days so far and it's not even done with the 1st quarter.The way people are buying people have money. And I live in new Jersey, with all its industry and large assortment of businesses (oil, automobile, glass, docking, white collar) is generally indicative of the country and things are fine. Hope and change is working out just dandy for me.
and I am so glad you are having such a wonderful year, the company I work for is starting out better than last year, but far from a record breaker and our daughter and son in law are struggling to keep from laying people off. Both our grandson in laws lost their jobs in the past few months, not to mention the company my one granddaughter worked for (she has changed jobs) hadn't been able to give raises to anyone for 3 years and were starting to cut back by attrition. Some of these jobs are white collar and higher skilled, others blue collar and very skilled, licensed technicians. My brother is being almost forced to take an early retirement...Now tell us how great things are!!!!

Nita

Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,039,788 times
Quote:
Perhaps, but it is doubtful. The pattern of job losses was still no different this time around than in past recessions. Losses tend to make a sharp V shape, followed by 6 months or so of growth and losses after the first positive display of job growth after the initial drop in GDP. Thus far, the current recession has fit this description to a "T". For us, the first job growth was in November 2009, followed by rather moderate losses in the 3 months following (-109,000, -26,000, -36,000).

Or just look at this graphic..

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/rfg8069rep/jobslost.png (broken link)

As you can see in our past recessions (1980-1983, 1990-1991, 2000-2001, 2008-2009), you can see the "V" shape (especially in 2000) and following period of stagnant growth/losses. No amount of stimulus nor trillions in bailouts changed the trend.

Quote:
New Jersey is among the top 15 states with the highest unemployment rates in the country, and as of December 2009 was still in the double digits. For the record my state is at 12.6% unemployment, in company with California and Rhode Island.

Unemployment Rates for States

Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I am so glad you are having such a wonderful year, the company I work for is starting out better than last year, but far from a record breaker and our daughter and son in law are struggling to keep from laying people off. Both our grandson in laws lost their jobs in the past few months, not to mention the company my one granddaughter worked for (she has changed jobs) hadn't been able to give raises to anyone for 3 years and were starting to cut back by attrition. Some of these jobs are white collar and higher skilled, others blue collar and very skilled, licensed technicians. My brother is being almost forced to take an early retirement...Now tell us how great things are!!!!

Nita

he's busy sipping kool aid....he'll get right back to you

Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Scared, are ya?

Been contributing to their ratings? Afraid you are uninformed because you aren't hearing everything from the AKM (a** kissing media)?

I don't see any posters here wetting their pants over the likes of Keith Olbermann, Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow. Nobody goes, "Ooooooh, is Bill Maher or Chris Matthews the voice of the Democrats? Are they the leaders of your party? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I know you're scared. A year of controlling the House, Senate and the White House and nothing to show for it. Your leaders have you looking for boogeymen in all the wrong places so you don't notice what they're up to or should I say not up to. Beck, Limbaugh, etc., they don't control the White House, Senate or House of Representatives. They don't sit on the Supreme Court. Nobody votes for them. But if you keep fretting about them, another Scott Brown will pop up out of the woodwork when you aren't paying attention.

But you guys go on. You keep selling those books and driving up the ratings for our guys.
Yes- they're very scared.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 PM

411 posts, read 469,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We are all one voice and we are the majority.

We do not follow our leader like sheep as most on the left do. ( why follow a leader that is taking you right off the cliff?)

Since you called them clowns I assume you know those you mentioned have ALL of the TOP NO. 1 shows, millions of No. 1 best selling books etc etc etc.

They are not full of hate. It is you who wants to spin it into your beliefs that is what they are saying.

If you listened long enough with an open mind you would see that they were dead on right about Obama and his socialist agenda.

Why do you care who is the voice anyway? Seems you have your mind made up to begin with?

So, who is the voice of the left? The failures Obama, Reid, Pelosi?

No wonder there is only 20% of liberals left in America and declining.

41% of us are conservatives. You are on the wrong side of right.

So, you are saying that 20% of the electorate elected a huge majority to the senate and house, what are you going to say next? that sarah(retard)
palin is brilliant?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections