Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
A. Nasty.

B. Whatever you say, friend.

The fact that Crist is ahead in the polls shows that most people in Florida just want someone who is moderate. They're not interested in a right-wing Tea Partier-type representing their state.

We've had that under Jeb Bush and Rubio. Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt you would vote for any REpublican so what's your point?

Crist, did lie in the Wallace interview, I can understand some spinning or some "I don't want to answer" but to come out a lie only a few days before he announces will hurt him in the end I think. That is just my opinion but I will stick with it.

Has Rubio been lieing about his stand or claimed to be doing one thing and doing another, just curios?

Nita

Wrong again, Nita, I voted for Crist when he ran for Governor. The GOP dumped Crist when he accepted stimulus money. They wanted him to tow their line, and Crist said no. They asked him to drop out of the race for the party's sake. So, he dropped the GOP. Takes cojones. We need more in Washington who will do what's best for their state and the country, not the party.

I'm not a registered (D), I'm an Indi, have been for a number of years. I had no intention of voting for Meek, I wanted Crist to win the primary. Now I'll vote for him as an indi. win-win for me.

Don't assume.

As for Rubio, he's spinning it like the tweaked law in AZ no longer allows profiling. really, Marco? Rubio is a mouthpiece for the right wingut faction, and I do not want him anywhere near DC. He did enough damage to FL.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
House of cards for Crist;

Crist Has "House Of Cards" Lead - Hotline On Call (http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/05/crist_has_house.php - broken link)

Quote:
Crist, who left the GOP last week to pursue an indie bid, is buoyed in the poll by support from Dems. Crist earns the support of 48% of Dems, while Meek holds just 36%.
I guess this confirms what republicans and conservatives knew all along about Crist - he really wasn't one of them.

Quote:
Mason-Dixon pollster Brad Coker told the Tampa Tribune that Crist's lead is "a proverbial house of cards" due to his advantage among Dems -- and that many of these Dems would come home to their party in Nov.

"When you see that more than half of Crist voters are Democrats," Coker added to the Orlando Sentinel, "that's a big red warning sign."

Old 05-07-2010, 07:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
House of cards for Crist;

Crist Has "House Of Cards" Lead - Hotline On Call (http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/05/crist_has_house.php - broken link)

I guess this confirms what republicans and conservatives knew all along about Crist - he really wasn't one of them.
If the Democrats see that Meek has no chance of winning, who do you think they want to win Crist or Rubio? House of cards? Maybe yes and mabe no.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM

Not anymore.

I didn't think too many people could stomach a snake like Crist for very long.

Just as most people thought, his lead has disappeared.

Election 2010: Florida Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

Quote:
A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in Florida finds Republican Marco Rubio with 39% support, while Crist earns 31% of the vote and Democrat Kendrick Meek trails at 18%. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Not anymore.

I didn't think too many people could stomach a snake like Crist for very long.

Just as most people thought, his lead has disappeared.

Election 2010: Florida Senate - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
That is exactly what I predicted would happen. As soon as the newnes wore off, we would see a turn. Now, let's see what happens from here on out.

Nita

Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I predicted would happen. As soon as the newnes wore off, we would see a turn. Now, let's see what happens from here on out.

Nita

I wouldn't be jumping up and down yet, as you said lets see what happens. Keep in mind this is just one poll, a few weeks ago we had four or five all showing Crist ahead. Now if we see a couple other polls showing a similar result to this one, then I think you can argue Rubio is ahead, but one poll is just that one poll.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:

Nita
My prediction is that Meek's support will collapse. He hasn't even campaigned in Palm Beach County, which any Dem candidate in Florida needs to do, and Dem voters there seem to support Crist more than Meek.

To put this in California terms: imagine if a Democratic candidate for the US Senate in California didn't campaign in the East Bay or South Bay....

Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I wouldn't be jumping up and down yet, as you said lets see what happens. Keep in mind this is just one poll, a few weeks ago we had four or five all showing Crist ahead. Now if we see a couple other polls showing a similar result to this one, then I think you can argue Rubio is ahead, but one poll is just that one poll.
Wrong...again.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Florida Senate - Rubio vs. Meek vs. Crist

Quote:

Nita
I think people see him for what he truly is - everything that is wrong with politics today. He's a liar, can't trust his word (whether he promises he will run as a republican or whether he will give back money from donors).

Old 05-17-2010, 02:25 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Wrong...again.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2010 - Florida Senate - Rubio vs. Meek vs. Crist

I think people see him for what he truly is - everything that is wrong with politics today. He's a liar, can't trust his word (whether he promises he will run as a republican or whether he will give back money from donors).
Wrong. RCP leaves off several polls. Prior to this poll Crist led in four consecutive polls and five of the last six.

Pollster.com: 2010 Florida Senate General Election: Marco Rubio (R) vs Kendrick Meek (D) vs Charlie Crist (i)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections