Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,135,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Conservatives worship Rasmussen, so it'll be interesting to see if they trash this poll since it doesn't put their darling Rubio on top.

Florida Senate: Crist 38%, Rubio 34%, Meek 17%

Election 2010: Florida Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

Good for Charlie. The last thing we need in Washington right now is another rabid neo con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I agree. I don't really like any of them (Rubio, Crist, or Meek), but combined with his name-recognition, Crist can easily position himself as the sensible moderate, and I bet he'll win.
Don't you think one of the reasons Crist is slightly ahead has to do with name recognition and don't you think it might be possible for the 4 point spread to close as the election gets closer. Remember, Crist just did the switch over, so there is a lot of media hype right now? I don't know this will happen, I am just speculating.

NIta

Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Good for Charlie. The last thing we need in Washington right now is another rabid neo con.
now does the name calling make you feel like a big boy so you can play with the other kids? Why do so many revert to this, it is beyond me..?/

Old 05-06-2010, 11:37 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Yeah we need some more liars in Washinton. Give me a break!! Why anyone would vote for that lying POS is beyond me. We need less politicians like him.

WALLACE: So are you ruling out that you will file as an independent by the April 30th deadline?
CRIST: That's right. That's right. I'm running as a Republican.
WALLACE: You will run not for a governor — you'll run for Senate, and you will run as a — in the Republican primary.
CRIST: Chris, I'm running for the United States Senate. I know that our country needs help. I'm running as a Republican. This man to my left is a friend but I hope to defeat him on August the 24th, and I would encourage every Florida Republican to get out and vote.
WALLACE: Will you support the winner of the GOP primary, whether it's you or Marco Rubio?
CRIST: Of course I will. Of course I will. But I think before that decision is made, people—
WALLACE: Well, I'm going to get — I'm going to — I'll give you an opportunity for a final statement. I just want to say, though, you are saying you are going to run in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate. You will not run on the no party affiliation line.
CRIST: That's right. That's right. That's what I'm saying.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
now does the name calling make you feel like a big boy so you can play with the other kids? Why do so many revert to this, it is beyond me..?/

It makes me feel allll tingly inside. And, we ABSOLUTELY do not need any more rabid neo-cons in Washington.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yeah we need some more liars in Washinton. Give me a break!! Why anyone would vote for that lying POS is beyond me. We need less politicians like him.

WALLACE: So are you ruling out that you will file as an independent by the April 30th deadline?
CRIST: That's right. That's right. I'm running as a Republican.
WALLACE: You will run not for a governor — you'll run for Senate, and you will run as a — in the Republican primary.
CRIST: Chris, I'm running for the United States Senate. I know that our country needs help. I'm running as a Republican. This man to my left is a friend but I hope to defeat him on August the 24th, and I would encourage every Florida Republican to get out and vote.
WALLACE: Will you support the winner of the GOP primary, whether it's you or Marco Rubio?
CRIST: Of course I will. Of course I will. But I think before that decision is made, people—
WALLACE: Well, I'm going to get — I'm going to — I'll give you an opportunity for a final statement. I just want to say, though, you are saying you are going to run in the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate. You will not run on the no party affiliation line.
CRIST: That's right. That's right. That's what I'm saying.

As oppsoed to Rubio, who is the GOP poster boy. I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only candidate on the ballot.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,437,223 times
Quote:
As oppsoed to Rubio, who is the GOP poster boy. I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only candidate on the ballot.
I'm viting for Crist because a) Meeks doesn't really have a chance (i'd be shocked if he won), and b) a vote for Rubio is a vote for the "Cheney" type of Republicanism.

Crist has always been fairly pragmatic as governor. Besides, a win for him is a blow to the right wing of the GOP and would be a halt to the coronation of Rubio as the boy who would be king.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm viting for Crist because a) Meeks doesn't really have a chance (i'd be shocked if he won), and b) a vote for Rubio is a vote for the "Cheney" type of Republicanism.

Crist has always been fairly pragmatic as governor. Besides, a win for him is a blow to the right wing of the GOP and would be a halt to the coronation of Rubio as the boy who would be king.

I voted for Charlie when he ran for governor. I like the guy, and admire his courage in bucking the party line to do what's best for the state of Florida, not the GOP.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I doubt you would vote for any REpublican so what's your point?

Crist, did lie in the Wallace interview, I can understand some spinning or some "I don't want to answer" but to come out a lie only a few days before he announces will hurt him in the end I think. That is just my opinion but I will stick with it.

Has Rubio been lieing about his stand or claimed to be doing one thing and doing another, just curios?

Nita

Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
A. Not your friend.

B. Perfect example of hypocrisy.
A. Nasty.

B. Whatever you say, friend.

The fact that Crist is ahead in the polls shows that most people in Florida just want someone who is moderate. They're not interested in a right-wing Tea Partier-type representing their state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections