Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,966,456 times

Advertisements

I'll support him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Gary Johnson would be a much better standard bearer for the libertarian wing of the GOP.
I agree and Rand has no experience, you just don't run for President without being something before...

Nita

Old 05-17-2010, 05:45 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,427,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He claims to be a libertarian, but he's only an economic libertarian. He's a social conservative. I could never support him.
it amazes me how a socialy liberal viewed person would view the Paul's both as social conservatives...i think if you would research a little deeper on their views, you may be surprised...i know one difference, and a major one, on their social stance is how they believe in the States role, and how most Social issues need to be handled at that level, rather than Federal Gov't overstepping their bounderies. Your voice, in your state would be much more viable, then the current Social Liberal standing in office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He has never held any political office whatsoever, and considering the timeline for running for President and the Primaries, he would need to announce his run for President on literally the day he would step on the Senate floor. Not going to happen, not even a remote chance.
sadly, i agree...but he's young (Rand Paul), and refreshing...he'll make some noise leading up to 2012, i don't believe he'll run, but look out in 2016!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Never going to happen. He claims to be a libertarian yet he is socially conservative. I also have never heard of him holding an important office.

Initially when I read the title of this thread I though you had accidentally put Rand instead of Ron (Ron Paul is one of the few conservatives I would consider voting for).
read above, please do a little more research on his views...though they may differ from some of your views, he's 100% opposed to Federal Gov't forcing Social restrictions on you.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,563,534 times
Why would anyone want someone with "experience" in Washington over someone who doesn't have "experience"?

You do realize that "experience" in Washington means, "how many lobbyists have you sold out to?"

Fresh ideas work better than those Capitol Hill careerist cynics who line their pockets and fool their constituents into re-electing them cycle after cycle after cycle.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 AM

18,339 posts, read 26,601,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He has never held any political office whatsoever, and considering the timeline for running for President and the Primaries, he would need to announce his run for President on literally the day he would step on the Senate floor. Not going to happen, not even a remote chance.
That didn't stop obama from getting elected...

Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Why would anyone want someone with "experience" in Washington over someone who doesn't have "experience"?

You do realize that "experience" in Washington means, "how many lobbyists have you sold out to?"

Fresh ideas work better than those Capitol Hill careerist cynics who line their pockets and fool their constituents into re-electing them cycle after cycle after cycle.
answer, look what we have now...???

Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,563,534 times
Quote:
answer, look what we have now...???
What we have now is a Congress full of life long "representatives".

The American people need to turn off the flippin' T.V. and pick up a newspaper or study what is going on and pick new blood for Washington in November.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,233,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree and Rand has no experience, you just don't run for President without being something before...

Nita
If he wins a Senate seat in Kentucky then he will be a junior Senator. I know another recent junior Senator who made it to the office of President.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 AM

26,713 posts, read 41,929,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
If he wins a Senate seat in Kentucky then he will be a junior Senator. I know another recent junior Senator who made it to the office of President.
You mean when. I live in Kentucky and he is killing Trey Grayson in the Republican primary and I don't exactly see democrats doing well in November, and especially not in Kentucky.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:57 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,233,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
You mean when. I live in Kentucky and he is killing Trey Grayson in the Republican primary and I don't exactly see democrats doing well in November, and especially not in Kentucky.
Excellent and perhaps I'll see you in Glasgow tomorrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections