Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,562,595 times

Advertisements

For me, the greatest is a matter of depth of character and popularity. One of the reasons why the villains in the Batman books are so popular is because they are so real and possible that it's scary. Take the Joker for instance. What you have is complete and total insanity. You never know what he'll do next and he'll laugh in your face as he's killing you dead. Then there's Poison Ivy, basicly, she's a whacko enviromentalist nut,...sort of like those who were burning down people's homes up in the northeast. Harvey Dent or Two Face, starts off as an enforcer of justice who hid a darkside but through tragedy, became a criminal. How many officers started the job with good intentions only to turn bad? Catwoman, while a villain, is not entirely bad at all and this shows through her actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,219,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
"Greatest" is pretty hard to pin down - it could mean "the one with the strongest superpowers" or "my favorite" or "the one that the best stories have been written about" or variations thereof.
Very astute of you. I would say to me it's a combo of the character itself being both interesting and powerful, along with great story lines and a history etc. Being a fav should have little if anything to do with it, although it's hard not to have a bias in that way. The movies should have zero to do w/it - this isn't "best comic book movies" after all. I suspect this influences a lot of kids/young adults today though. All that said my off the cuff picks in an approximate order at most:

HEROS
Hulk
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
FF (yes counting the 4 of them as one)
Spiderman
Batman
Capt America
Dr Strange
Flash

VILLIANS
Dr Doom
Magneto
Galactus
Lex Luthor
Joker
Dr Octopus
Mr Myxlplyg (whatever - Superman nemesis)
Electro

Hon mention to those who don't fit squarely in either category: Watchers and Namor

Old 05-05-2010, 01:45 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
Spider man( 1960s cartoon) had some classic villains. Electro, The Green Goblin, The Rhino, that giant plant, the talking plant( both from or in another dimension). I'd love to see those plant episodes again, are they on You Tube?

The Legion of Doom was pretty lame. The Toy Man and the guy with the yellow ring that was the enemy of Green lantern( Sinestro?): Yawn. Cheetara. Boring. I guess they made up for how pathetic Batman and Robin and Aqua man were, though.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 AM

43 posts, read 86,750 times
Heroes:
  1. Spider-man
  2. Batman
  3. Superman
  4. Wolverine
  5. The Hulk
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. Captain America
  8. Blade
  9. Fantastic Four
  10. Spawn
Villains:
  1. The Joker
  2. Green Goblin
  3. Lex Luthor
  4. Venom
  5. Magneto
  6. Catwoman
  7. Dr. Doom
  8. Sabertooth
  9. Clown/Violator [Spawn]
  10. Darkseid

Old 05-28-2010, 10:09 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,652,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Romba323 View Post
How dare you put pathetic Spiderman before Superman if i put Spider man in a cornfield he is useless without buildings ha ha ha spiderman really... you obviously have no KNOWLEDGE at ranking Superheroes and Supervillians

1 Superman
2 Batman
3 Spiderman
4 Wolverine
5 The Hulk
I bet you listen to Colin Cowherd's show on ESPN radio because he said the same thing (verbatim).

Greatest Heroes
1)Spider Man
2)Cyclops
3)Cable
4)Batman
5)Punisher
6)Wolverine
7)Green Lantern
8)Rogue
9)Superman
10)Iron Man

Greatest Villains
1)Venom
2)Magneto
3)Green Goblin
4)Apocalypse
5)Juggernaut
6)Omega Red/Sinister
7)Kingpin
8)Doctor Doom/Phoenix/Mystique
9)Sabertooth/Bane
10)The Riddler/Scarecrow/Sal Maroni

Old 09-19-2010, 08:05 PM

122 posts, read 207,858 times
Catwoman,sexually and smartly !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts