Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 AM

49 posts, read 99,274 times

Advertisements

not sure if this is the correct forum for this post or not.....

Is it me or did USAToday.com screw up their Website?

I used to enjoy reading USA Today on line. It had a logical format that was easy to navigate and the games (crossword, sudoku, etc.) were easy to play. They recently changed their format to make it visually stimulating. For me this resulted in a mess as far as their user friendly format is concerned. I could not navigate the new format using IE 8 so have started to use Google Chrome with slightly better, but still unacceptable, results

On the old format, I was able to navigate to the subcategories and read all the stories in that category. For example I would go to Money/Cars/Drive On Community and read all the items in Drive on by scrolling down. Now I go to Money/Cars and get a picture that represents one article, after I finish that I have to use the browser "go back arrow" to select another picture to read another article.

The games are another matter entirely. Crossword format is changed and not operating properly, the daily puzzle (for 10/10) has not been updated since 10/5. I think sudoku is in the same mess.

I don't mind change if it improves the experience, but this was a poorly concieved and executed alteration to what was a perfectly functioning web site.

They did do a beta run on the new format, but it does not seem like they made any changes to improve the user interface. Based on my experience, they will be losing quite a few readers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts