Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM

823 posts, read 1,992,367 times

Advertisements

I was reading in wikipedia the article on Jaws, and saw this:

The film was also adapted into a theme park attraction at Universal Studios Florida (in Orlando, Florida and Hollywood, California), and two musicals: "JAWS The Musical!", which premiered in the summer of 2004 at the Minnesota Fringe Festival; and "Giant Killer Shark: The Musical", which premiered in the summer of 2006 at the Toronto Fringe Festival.

I can understand the idea of a theme park....but a musical? I mean, there's an actor dressed up as a shark singing? it's a bit sureal, I wonder if anyone saw this musical? I am not an expert in musicals (in fact I hate them), but aren´t they suposed to be about romantic comedies, or boy-meet-girl stuff like West Side Story? What "songs" could anyone sing from a movie like Jaws?

PS I post this here because Peter Benchley was inspired by historical records of shark attacks in Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,286,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post

PS I post this here because Peter Benchley was inspired by historical records of shark attacks in Long Island.
Pretty remote connection, I think this more properly belongs in one of the entertainment forums.

They made a musical out of "Titanic", so why not "Jaws?"

Songs? Easy. Here, I've written one to the tune of "California Here I Come."

There's a shark whose killing folks
Eats em raw that ain't no joke
He'll crunch you
Then munch you
When you try to swim
A warning
They're swarming
You don't want to see their fins

So stay on land that's my belief
Don't go near that deadly reef
He'll bite you with those razor teeth
There's a shark whose killing folks.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,876,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Pretty remote connection, I think this more properly belongs in one of the entertainment forums.

They made a musical out of "Titanic", so why not "Jaws?"

Songs? Easy. Here, I've written one to the tune of "California Here I Come."

There's a shark whose killing folks
Eats em raw that ain't no joke
He'll crunch you
Then munch you
When you try to swim
A warning
They're swarming
You don't want to see their fins

So stay on land that's my belief
Don't go near that deadly reef
He'll bite you with those razor teeth
There's a shark whose killing folks.
Excellent

I love off beat musicals. Jurassic Park has one, why not Jaws?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,286,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Excellent

I love off beat musicals. Jurassic Park has one, why not Jaws?
Thanks..did you know that while it was Neal Hefti who composed the music for the TV Batman theme, I wrote the lyrics? Hefti never gave me credit.

I think that all of the barriers are down with regard to what may be subject to a musical incarnation. "Sweeney Todd" which was about a barber who slits his customers throats and makes them into meat pies...after that, what isn't fair game? If that, why not "Bundy!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts