Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
They aren't interviewers - they are journalists. What OP does sounds more like a hobby than a profession especially since she doesn't get paid.
They are journalists who mostly do interviews.

Hobbies can grow into professions. Happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
You are not a professional because you are not being paid, other than that rather insignificant detail the more you do, the better you will get. The size and character of your audience is the only judge that you need to concern yourself with... for now.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 PM

548 posts, read 891,285 times
I am a Youtube partner and do get paid but can't get the payments because I don't got a bank account. So the money is just saved online.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 AM

Since I've posted this thread, this radio show has made fun of me 4 more times. I really don't understand the point in making fun of other people. Are they jealous of those other individuals or do they just find it all fun and games? I believe some of the people being made fun of have spoken out and asked them to knock it off, but of course they kept going on and on about whatever it was they were discussing. If it's what they persist on guess there's no point in fighting it.

As far as me making any money, my Google Adsense account has gotten some money added to it but since Google changed it's method of sending out payments, to only adding on a bank account and I do not have a bank account at this time, that money will just remain and continue to absorb its payments until further notice.

Any other publications as far as websites, magazines, and newspapers or even publicists and bands have paid me but it's not enough and is only in a rare occasion. Just have to keep trying hoping something better will pop up if not likely another door will open and if not then oh well.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,663,739 times
If you love what you do you've got it made! Things can flower by choosing that path. You get nowhere by doing something someone else thinks you should.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,277,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Since I've posted this thread, this radio show has made fun of me 4 more times. I really don't understand the point in making fun of other people. Are they jealous of those other individuals or do they just find it all fun and games? I believe some of the people being made fun of have spoken out and asked them to knock it off, but of course they kept going on and on about whatever it was they were discussing. If it's what they persist on guess there's no point in fighting it.
No, there's no point in fighting it. You just have to develop a thicker skin. Look at Barbara Walters. People ruthlessly made fun of her. She still managed to have an amazing career.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
I think it depends how you handle yourself. If you handle yourself in a professional manner then you should be considered as a professional. If you treat it as a joke and not serious, you will not. When you deal with entertainment it is more informal especially in the blog/vlog/podcast era but it doesn't mean you can't handle yourself with a professional manner. Basically, don't be a fanboy/girl if you want to be professional.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,890 times
Re: 'All I care about is talking to musicians'

That's great. Just would say it helps to know what you are trying to accomplish when you 'interview? When the show's over what's the effect you want on those who saw the show?
Do you want them to buy the musician's music? Do you want to have them talk about how they got started? Your questions should go to your 'goal'. Good luck!!

Old 07-16-2014, 10:56 PM

I never really thought about a goal I just enjoy doing it.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,277,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I never really thought about a goal I just enjoy doing it.
To be honest, in my mind that makes it a hobby that you happen to get some money for. I wouldn't consider it professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts