Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,261,775 times

Advertisements

wasnt sure where to post this, but i definitely need some answers.

why is this person considered a sex symbol in this country? why was it a big deal when these two twins "finally turned 18." what is so sexy about a drug addicted annorexic bag of bones? does this person even look like all that money has brought any happiness? she/they look absolutely terrible, and always have.

and this is a sex symbol why? how does this happen and why do people buy into it? this is worse than in the '80s when they were selling us that Molly Ringwald was 'hot'.

ughh. every time this person is in the news, i puke in my mouth just a little. did you know Paris' ass actually resembles a spaded shovel? reminds me of a jeans comercial i saw where the camera actually zoomed in on the female model's ass and it looked like that of a skinny 14 year old boy. Guys, at what point did we decide that....no. rather. white guys, at what point did you decide that 14 year old boy ass is sexy? anyway, forget intellectually. physically, can someone tell me one department in which Paris Hilton has it "goin' on" ?

anyone ever notice that when it comes to black women, the only ones who are accepted in our culture as 'beautiful' basically look like white women with a tan?

my point is this: it seems to me that these basically talentless women are pecieved as sexy through the power of persuasion. as far as looks go, these women are average at best IMO - and im not one of those people with unrealisticly high standards. fame and money dont make you sexy. at least not if you're a woman. at least not to me. wake up, America!

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: vulgar, not PG-13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 PM

on a related note, i would have my children exposed to heavy metal (who's true mesage is questioning of authority, government, religion, and the status quo) before i would have them exposed to the mindless tripe that is performed by Britney, Aguilara, Paris, ect. and is deemed "fit for children" by the powers that be (i.e. the corperations)

Old 12-15-2007, 03:28 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,230,339 times
Why you dissin' Christina Aguilera like that?
Out of the 3 you mentioned, she is the only 1 with real talent.
Not only is she a dirrrty ‘blond’ bombshell, she also truly has a powerful voice.

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 12-16-2007, 03:34 AM

You implied that Christina Aguilera only became famous because of her looks, while she obviously has musical talent and expresses herself the way she wants to ( dirrrty if she wants to be dirrrty).
So you judge people by their looks instead of their talent.

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: widowed/referenced post deleted...personal attacks removed

Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM

i know that she can sing better than Britney and Paris, or so i've heard. i never even said she cant sing. what i said was that her music was mindless tripe. if "dirrrty if she wants to be dirrrty" is the name of a song, then you've made my point.

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: widowed/referenced post deleted...personal attacks deleted

Old 12-16-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
i know that she can sing better than Britney and Paris, or so i've heard. i never even said she cant sing.
(...)
what i said was that her music was mindless tripe.
You proved my point by saying that you have never actually listened to her songs.
I bet you have no clue what the songs Beautiful, Soar, The Voice Within, Keep On Singing My Own Song, Oh Mother or Hurt are about.
And yeah I'm proud to be a fan of Christina Aguilera .
Not only is she beautiful, her art also has substance.

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: widowed/referenced post deleted...personal attack deleted

Old 12-16-2007, 02:16 PM

yeah, yeah, fine. she rules!!! okay. Christina Aguilera rules!!! satisfied?

but seriously, do you have anything to add that is not Christina Aguilera related? she is not what this is about. and yeah, i still stand by my conviction that i would rather have my kids listening to Marilyn Manson than to Christina Aguilera. and yes, you are correct, i dont listen to her songs. that is because at the age of 32, and having been around the block a few times, i know a manufactered bubble gum pop sensation when i see it. it's not for me.

Last edited by christina0001; 12-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: removed inappropriate language/PG-13 please

Old 12-19-2007, 09:57 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
How does Tyra Banks look "white with a tan"?

Old 12-19-2007, 11:13 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
How does Tyra Banks look "white with a tan"?
Thats what I was thinking.

I think the original poster is confused and I take offense to his/her ".........accepted in our culture as beautiful........." remark as this implies that our culture (i.e., the majority of Americans) think that only a certain look on black women is sexy. This is by no means true and I think the OP is only looking at things with a very narrow telescope (singers and actors). There are many beautiful dark skinned black women in this world (Naomi Campbell, Iman) but remember each persons definition of "beautiful" is different.

I suggest that the original poster look at any high fashion magazines or take a look at Ultra channel which is dedicated to fashion and they will see that an overwhelming majority of black fashion models do not "look like white women with tans". Its a very well known fact throughout the world that fashion models are considered beautiful and when the OP sees that most of the black models have dark complexions he/she will probably change their mind.

Now if youre only thinking in entertainment, I personally find Beyonce to be more beautiful than Kelly Rowland, Vanessa Williams, Halle Berry and Jada Pinkett-Smith to be more beautiful than Vivica A Fox, Fantasia Barrio and Angela Bassett; Queen Latifah is more beautiful than Oprah, but that is just ME. You or someone else may disagree but that is an individuals choice.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Of the people listed in the original post the only one I find truly attractive is Christina Aguliera. Many women, young girls (and gay men) find certain women to be attractive who most (not all) straight men do not find attractive/sexy at all. Again, this is from my own personal preferences and from a sampling of about 15-20 male friends. A few of the not attractive women are:

The Olsen Twins
Julia Roberts
The sex in the city girls (except for Kristin Davis - she's really hot!)
Meg Ryan
Gweneth Paltraw
Uma Thurman
Sandra Oh (or as some say - Sandra Ugh)
Calista Flockhart
Jennifer Aniston

Some women who most men find attractive but for some reason, many women do not:

Angelina Jolie
Kim Kardashian
Jessica Beal
Fergie
Jessica Alba
Pink
Lucy Liu
Vida Guerra
Edyta Slewenska (dancing with the stars)

So all in all, women, girls and gay men tend to find certain women attractive that many straight men do not find attractive. Even with men, tastes differ as one may may find a woman attractive that another man may not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts