Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 762 times

Advertisements

It seems like lot of people think media like comic books, animated movies/shows, and video games are meant only for children. I think this attitude stifles creativity. I think there should be more comics and animated films/shows that cover mature topics. I think American animation is geared too much toward adult comedy and children's entertainment. Can't we have an animated show or movie cover a serious topic like war or politics? Comic books have already started covering serious subject matter. When will animation grow up? If comics could move past super heroes I don't see any reason why animation should be relegated to adult comedy or children's entertainment. I would love to see an epic animated Sci Fi movie with space battles and laser fights preferably set in the Mass Effect universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 12:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,098 times
Hidden behind the humor, The Father of Animation, Max Fleisher's Columbia era cartoons had subtle adult and political messages all through them. I don't think there is any animation today that can even come close to those old 40's era cellie animations in thought or art. Some will disagree Disney's Fantasia is another epic I believe adults will get more pit of than kids. Also, not for a lot of people, but there are some underground comics promoted by Last Gasp that are adult oriented not just because they are risque, but also due to provocative subject matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts