Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 02:25 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Shame on western civilization for allowing that five foot tall, brick stupid, effeminate lunatic monkey to become an action hero. I would not want to go rounds with Vin Diesal, Jsaon Statham, or Daniel Craig, but there is no doubt in my mind, none whatsoever, that I could kick Cruises' ass. Call me old fashioned, but to me, an action hero should be someone who looks like they might actually win a street fight. I wouldn't bet on cruise to win a heated round of thumb wrestling.
OH dont hold back hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 12:33 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I don't know how many times I've posted this in different forums, but it can't be said too often: The perfect actor to play Jack Reacher is Ray Stevenson. Big, tall, menacing, good looking!
I am reading the Reacher books I missed before and just watched "Never Go Back" with Tom Cruise.

Is the TV thing really happening?

I didn't realize Lee Childs was no longer "defending" Tom Cruise. In the article I read, he said "It's not like we were passing over all these tall, muscular leading actors...actors tend to be compact bunch."

I was trying to think of more appropriate actors and so came on this thread and looked up these suggestions.

Not aware before of Ray Stevenson: he looks exactly like what I would picture Reacher to look like.
Of course tall, but fair-haired and blue-eyed and good-looking. Love his smile, though maybe Reacher didn't smile that much, LOL.

What do you-all think? Or is he too old now---although Reacher was "born" in 1960? I used the Wiki pic to avoid copyright issues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stevenson

Old 08-16-2019, 05:55 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I am reading the Reacher books I missed before and just watched "Never Go Back" with Tom Cruise.

Is the TV thing really happening?

I didn't realize Lee Childs was no longer "defending" Tom Cruise. In the article I read, he said "It's not like we were passing over all these tall, muscular leading actors...actors tend to be compact bunch."

I was trying to think of more appropriate actors and so came on this thread and looked up these suggestions.

Not aware before of Ray Stevenson: he looks exactly like what I would picture Reacher to look like.
Of course tall, but fair-haired and blue-eyed and good-looking. Love his smile, though maybe Reacher didn't smile that much, LOL.

What do you-all think? Or is he too old now---although Reacher was "born" in 1960? I used the Wiki pic to avoid copyright issues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stevenson
I think Tom Cruise has been more gifted in fighting Father Time than Ray Stevenson. Stevenson may be tall but in his current series Reef Break as the ex husband of the lead and resident FBI Agent he is no longer a Punisher body type.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:02 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, he does!

Old 09-07-2019, 08:19 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Apparently the series is a go and they are probably looking for someone unknown to play Reacher—
Saw someone on a foreign series—Norwegian I think—this summer that would make a good Reacher but not sure how good his English is
Can’t remember his name
Maybe I posted on earlier thread
I am ready for this series to get started

Old 09-08-2019, 11:17 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Hollywood doesn't seem to produce that sort of actor any more. That's a John Wayne role. Or maybe a James Arness role. Those roles don't even exist any more, let alone the type of actor that plays those parts.

I think that Liev Schreiber could do the role. He is good at being big, dangerous, and silent and he already plays a good Irish. He's good looking in a very rough, dangerous, macho way. Reacher is not a handsome guy. He is big and he is scary, not handsome.

Liev is already getting too old for a TV series that might run for years.

So many of the young actors look too pretty: baby faced and metrosexual.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 09-08-2019 at 11:35 AM..

Old 09-08-2019, 12:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Hollywood doesn't seem to produce that sort of actor any more. That's a John Wayne role. Or maybe a James Arness role. Those roles don't even exist any more, let alone the type of actor that plays those parts.

I think that Liev Schreiber could do the role. He is good at being big, dangerous, and silent and he already plays a good Irish. He's good looking in a very rough, dangerous, macho way. Reacher is not a handsome guy. He is big and he is scary, not handsome.

Liev is already getting too old for a TV series that might run for years.

So many of the young actors look too pretty: baby faced and metrosexual.
1–Reacher wasn’t Irish—he almost didn’t consider himself American because he never lived in the US until he went to West Point...
His mother was French and Reacher spoke fluent, colloquial French
He didn’t know anything much about his dad’s background for long time and when he investigated he found out his dad enlisted in the Army under a false name...

2-because of all the negatives about Cruise taking Reacher’s character I imagine they are going for someone pretty unknown—with no attached reactions
And he likely will be physically much closer to classic Reacher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts