Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 10:49 AM

37,771 posts, read 46,249,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghobi View Post
Now there’s a bunch of soft whisper singers Billie Eilish
Good Lord I can't even believe that she has had any sort of success. How does anyone consider that singing? Hell I can sing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghobi View Post
Add Beyonce too, going into country, just go away. I think she’s getting older and cannot be the same type of sex symbol without it looking desperate like Madonna. Somebody told her this was a lucrative direction, just cold business motives. But like lemmings their audience will just follow them around.
I think Beyonce had ONE song that I liked, many years ago. But she has become so trampy - I can't stand her now. Don't care for her slutty outfits and really awful lyrics. I don't understand any mothers that think she is any kind of "role model". I don't get it.

Old 05-20-2024, 11:55 AM

4,500 posts, read 3,956,345 times
Personally, I think it's those LEGS.

Old 05-21-2024, 08:34 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,684,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good Lord I can't even believe that she has had any sort of success. How does anyone consider that singing? Hell I can sing better.
Nah, this I disagree with. She has a great style and actually has good vocals. Her songs that get radioplay just don't showcase it. Her new album "Hit me Hard and Soft" is very good and caught me by surprise.
She is an accomplished songwriter, and a talented musician who plays quite a few instruments. And she has had her brother as producer, engineer, drummer, guitarist, among other roles, since she was a child.
She's quite impressive, and I highly recommend giving her latest work a listen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_Me_Hard_and_Soft

Quote:
I think Beyonce had ONE song that I liked, many years ago. But she has become so trampy - I can't stand her now. Don't care for her slutty outfits and really awful lyrics. I don't understand any mothers that think she is any kind of "role model". I don't get it.
I liked that "To the Left" or whatever it's called song from a long time ago, and that's pretty much it.
I was recently in an Uber, and the driver was playing some of her most recent stuff, and quite frankly, her lyrics have just become trashy and disgusting, and the songs lack any sort of good melody. Having grown up listening to some pretty hardcore 90s rap and rock, it takes a lot for me to be turned off by vulgar lyrics, but she's just over the top and gross now. I don't care to listen to songs describing in full detail the sex acts she intends to perform on Jay-Z.

Old 05-21-2024, 10:05 AM

12,443 posts, read 8,239,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Personally, I think it's those LEGS.

The hype started long before that she was a kid "country" star when the push back against the immediate generation before her were the kid sexual teases of Britney Spears in her Catholic school girl costume and Christina Aguilera chasing her with her Stripped album videos.

Then as she got older and evolved into a pop star Taylor Swift in a Victoria Secret robe and doing their fashion show specials it became acceptable to gaze at her legs when we weren't suppose to gaze at Britney Spears at her peak, but did anyway.

Old 05-21-2024, 10:42 AM

1,177 posts, read 654,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Having grown up listening to some pretty hardcore 90s rap and rock, it takes a lot for me to be turned off by vulgar lyrics, but she's just over the top and gross now. I don't care to listen to songs describing in full detail the sex acts she intends to perform on Jay-Z.
Beyonce and Jay-Z are richer than God and of course super famous.

I have a theory that when somebody gets that rich AND that famous... it changes them completely.

I know Beyonce is talented. Anyone who denies that is blind or prejudiced against her.

When she was young and hungry, she had good music and knew how to churn out the pop songs.

Now, she doesn't have to do anything. She can live off her wealth and investments for a few lifetimes, especially since hubby is filthy rich too.

Anything she does now musically is purely ego or having something to do.

She can basically do whatever she likes... whether it's delve into Country or do filthy lyrics. She really doesn't care because even if it fails... so what?

If I were her, I'd just invest all that $$$ and do something good with it... invest in a good charity.

Do something that will actually change the world for the better. Leave a legacy that is worthwhile other than slinging more music.

Old 05-22-2024, 10:47 AM

27,739 posts, read 28,853,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Im thinking maybe the reason you dont "get her" or her music is that you are of an older generation and/or feel like you dont like her because of what you think is her politics. Let me guess, you are a Beyonce/Kelly Rowland fan or a MAGA/conservative person right?
I think it is dumb for a musical artist to publicly express their political views.

But that has no bearing on whether or not I like their music.

Old 05-22-2024, 10:54 AM

8,586 posts, read 4,832,965 times
I don’t know. Her music is kinda beige, she’s awkward-looking, and has left a trail of dating anxiety wreckage, which is what her music is kinda about. She’s essentially used dating both for publicity and for song material, which makes her toxic goods in my mind. And that leads back to the music being kinda beige. By that I mean, there’s nothing about it which screams “T. Swift” to me. I can’t hear a new track and say, “yup, that’s definitely her”. Where’s the pizzazz, the personality, the sound that has some trademark recognizability? There’s nothing to her success and fame which isn’t kind of based on some vapid tabloid-y marketing manipulation.

Old 05-24-2024, 10:15 AM

37,771 posts, read 46,249,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
She is an accomplished songwriter, and a talented musician who plays quite a few instruments. .
Perhaps. But she is a lousy singer.

Old 05-24-2024, 05:35 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,684,660 times
Quote:
Perhaps. But she is a lousy singer.
Listen to “Bird of a Feather” and “Wildflower” from her latest album.

Old 05-25-2024, 02:36 PM

4,588 posts, read 5,468,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think it is dumb for a musical artist to publicly express their political views.
Did you say that when you heard artists like Jason Aldean, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock or Morgan Wallen publicly talk about their views? Or, do you only hate it if their political views differ from yours? Quick, tell us, who are you voting for / supporting for president in 2024? I think we know.

Do you not know the history of rock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts