Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
What, no mention of William T. Shatner emoting his way through "Rocket Man"?

Ooooohhhh...you said "hit song"...
Well it doesn't have to be a BIG HIT....PROMISE...LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Party All the Time was the name of the song:

My girl likes to
party all the time
party all the time
party all the time!

Dailymotion - Eddie Murphy feat Rick James - Party All The Time - une vidéo Musique
Eddie Murphy's Party All the Time is THE JAM!! I STILL LOVE that (stupid) song!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Eddie Murphy had a zinger in the 80s. Forgot the name

She does it all night or something like that? Lol.
My Girl wants to Party all the Time, party all the time, party all the time...

I think Rick James produced.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM

The Partridge Family had a #1 song with "I Think I Love You" in November of 1970. The year and month I was born. Maybe even the same week...

Old 11-21-2009, 06:23 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The Partridge Family had a #1 song with "I Think I Love You" in November of 1970. The year and month I was born. Maybe even the same week...
Well, if we're going this route, there was the Monkees before them. And Doris Day before that. And of course, the Archies!

(Believe it or not, Jimmi Hendrix was the Monkees warm-up act when the Monkees went on their first tour. Yup, for a while they were bigger than Hendrix.)

Old 11-22-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Well, if we're going this route, there was the Monkees before them. And Doris Day before that. And of course, the Archies!

(Believe it or not, Jimi Hendrix was the Monkees warm-up act when the Monkees went on their first tour. Yup, for a while they were bigger than Hendrix.)
The reason I say "unlikely" is because it hit #1.

Well, Patrick Cassidy also sang his part, and performed in bands at around the same time. Otherwise, the only "known" member of the Partridge Family was Shirley Jones, who was known for her acting at the time.

The Archies were actually on TV? I did not know that. Half the Monkees were actual musicians, but a lot of their early work can be creditied to Boyce and Hart.

Doris Day certainly qualifies. Que Sera, Sera, right?

Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
The Archies were actually on TV?
Ha! Kind of. They were actually a Saturday morning cartoon show--IIRC during the late 60s. On the show they were all in a band--strangely enough called The Archies. That's when the single Sugar Sugar came out.

The reason I said "If you want to go that route" was because the Partridge Family, as you know, were manufactured celebrities, as were the Monkees--basically one of the first created cross-marketing things to come along...you know--let's make a show as a vehicle to sell songs and merchandise!

I always found it funny that the Monkees did actually have two guys who were serious about music. Peter Tork was pretty well respected and was apparently instrumental with Croby, Stills and Nash getting together, as they and Mama Cass all hung out at Tork's place. Michael Nesmith is credited with creating music videos as we know them today. His mom also invented White Out...

Sorry about that. We now return you to your regular station and away from things you didn't ask about nor care about...

Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
The reason I say "unlikely" is because it hit #1.

Well, Patrick Cassidy also sang his part, and performed in bands at around the same time. Otherwise, the only "known" member of the Partridge Family was Shirley Jones, who was known for her acting at the time.

The Archies were actually on TV? I did not know that. Half the Monkees were actual musicians, but a lot of their early work can be creditied to Boyce and Hart.

Doris Day certainly qualifies. Que Sera, Sera, right?
OMG...I forgot about Doris Day...and such a famous song too....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc who woulda thought...????

Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Jamie Foxx.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Jamie Foxx.
WHAT SONG DID HE SING????? .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts