Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Some of them without makeup are virtually unrecognizable. Seeing their unmade faces in the gossip magazines are sometimes amazing. Take the makeup off, pull the hair back or style it differently. Voila! Some can get away with it.
Women yes, guys not so much....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 02:13 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,199 times
I would think it would be pretty easy if they have been famous for along time.

I could think of a few ways myself. Go on vacation and while there go in incognito so to speak.

Garth Brook use to do it at Disney all the time before his divorce I read. He would dress way down and act goofy when he went to Disney and would even stand in the lines like a normal person without being recognized. He would dress and act so crazy sometimes even his own kids would get embarrassed.

Could you imagine being Garth Brooks and embarrassing of your own kids. lol

I read Garth Brooks told the story to a reporter after his divorce.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Beyonce said she plays on pogo without sharing her identity and likes to start up arguments with other players.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,892,164 times
I think it might be fun for awhile to be a celebrity and be recognized. Say if you came out with a hit record one year, then you're recognized for 2-3 years after that, then it goes away. And you can live your life. That's probably optimal.

-These people who are famous all the time, it must sickening. Esp with the paparazzi of the last 5-7 years. The paparazzi didn't use to be so aggressive in the 90's. Not sure why they've turned so aggressive, camping outside of peoples houses....are people that bored that they have to see celebrities all the time?

I read on some celebrity site a few months ago (might of been this site, might of been tmz), demi moore went to a hotel recently...and when she wasn't recognized, she re-entered again and again. Hahaha... Like 3 times or something. Can you imagine that.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Beyonce said she plays on pogo without sharing her identity and likes to start up arguments with other players.
What an odd thing to admit?? If I was going to share a secret as a celebrity....I would chose one that made me look like a nice person.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:58 PM

264 posts, read 444,320 times
I can't imagine how hard it is to be "stalked" all the time, with your photo taken of silly things.. ALL.The.Time. I would think it'd get annoying- especially when you just want to chill with your family or spouse and have a stinkin' dinner That said, I would love to live it! Ok, maybe just for a week. I don't think I could handle it.

I think men celebrities would have a hard time "hiding" because there isn't much they can change- besides add a hat. Women can get away with tons more... no makeup, as someone said.. hair different way.. and they can look completely different.

But- I think I could spot MY favorite celebrities no matter what they did.. because.. I just think I would recognize them.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I always read where celebrities say they can't go anywhere without being recognized (like theme parks, shopping, vacationing, etc.).

Now, I think with just a little money and resources, I could go anywhere I wanted to without being recognized. You could use body paint, fake tattos, wigs/weaves..................

Do you think you could pull it off in being out there incognito if you were famous and wanted to go someplace out in public?
Most can pull it off if they walk out of the house without makeup.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Then again.....I guess if they didn't want FAME....they would've chosen another career.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
When I was a news anchor at local TV stations, my face was probably as well known locally as most movie stars. But nobody paid any attention to me. People hardly ever acted like they recognized me. So I don't think it is really that much of a problem for celebrities.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM

660 posts, read 1,540,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
You took the words right outta my mouth.....

And yes, I would like to have their problem of MONEY,
but they can KEEP the fame..

I truly enjoy my ham-n-egger life style...

My wife and I aren't rich or famous,
just regular family ppl living a regular life...
Do you happen to know 420gottadoogie? Just kidding.

I just wanted to say that it's a beautiful thing that you and your wife are happy with what you have, and with a simple life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts