Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM

13 posts, read 43,964 times

Advertisements

anyone know about junction city? Is it a farm community or a bedroom for eugene? Alot of crime? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
Small town. Has its own identity. It is likely suffering economically due to the bottom falling out of the RV market.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,341,146 times
Yes, Yes, Yes, and Some.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,669,443 times
Not quite a bedroom of Eugene yet. Maybe someday. Still a lot of empty land, (although much of it is farmland, not empty per se), between J.C. and Eugene. I wouldn't call it a cowboy town as much as rural town that loves its classic car show every year, and happens to be right in the middle of the area between the University of Oregon and Oregon State University. It is definitely a "main drag" type of town, the main drag being Highway 99. The highway splits at Junction City, (thus the name), into 99W and 99E.) Before I-5 was built, this was the main N/S route in Oregon.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Urban Boundary laws will keep the farms as is for generations, but it is a bedroom community about to be overrun. The new Mental hospital will put rentals at a premium as these low and middle paying jobs will eat the current rental market quickly. This is to be followed by a new state prison. Same thing as many of the nearly 1,000 new jobs will want to be close to work.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Hubby and I drove out to Junction City recently. I don't know anything about the town really, but I know their Daffodil Festival is very disappointing!

If you go to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn you will see something like this:

So... we expected the Daffodil Festival to be similar... only with Daffodils. You know... if you name a festival after something, I mean... that's the main event, right? A beer festival has a lot of beer. A kite festival has a lot of kites. A daffodil festival should feature lots of daffodils, no?

Boy were we surprised! The only daffodils you see are the little sparse clumps and bunches that people plant in their yards and along the roads... and the ones they are selling at the festival. lol We asked a person who was working the festival, "Where are the daffodils?" and they said, "You can buy them right over there in that tent..."

We were so sad. And then we saw these people getting on a wagon ride, and we thought, "OH... I guess you take the wagon ride out to the daffodil fields!" and we got all happy and excited again.

Not.

The wagon ride just takes you up and around a hill and back.

And they were selling bad coffee for $2.00 a cup... and it wasn't even a big cup and they didn't have any lids! Ugh!

I dunno if Junction City is full of cowboys or not, but it's not full of daffodils, that's for sure! lol

Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM

Try the Octoberfest ........

Old 04-11-2012, 03:36 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
When I was a kid, the big do in Junction City was the Scandinavian Festival. There were sure a lot of Scandinavians there back then. Guys named Lars.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Still are and the festival (which I called Octoberfest) is still a great do ....................

Old 04-11-2012, 04:30 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Oktoberfest we've been to several times but it's up in Mt. Angel, which is just north of Salem. Or is there another one in Junction City? Mount Angel Oktoberfest - Home

Oktoberfest is a lot of fun!! It's usually held in September at Mt. Angel, but traditionally is a 16-day celebration that runs from late September on into I think the first weekend in October. I don't know why they don't follow the more traditional dates.

But we haven't checked out the Scandinavian Festival in JC yet. I remember last year it was in August sometime. We have some friends that go and they have said the food makes it worth it. Junction City Scandinavian Festival
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area