Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'm very new to forums and I will be very new to Oregon in a couple months.
I am a 21 year old student in Kentucky, about to finish up my undergrad degree with a final internship during my last semester. I applied on a limb and got accepted to work in Springfield, thus in order to fulfill my internship requirements I will move to Oregon and live there September - December.

This will be an expensive move. I plan on driving out there late August and hopefully stopping by some cool places on the way.
I have already started a housing search but it seems to be too early, since everyone who posts on Craigslist needs someone to move in NOW. and I don't need now. and I can't even sign year lease. So it's hard.
but I have hope that there are some super nice and accommodating Oregonians out there that will be willing to help me out!

I am a clean, quiet, respectable young woman who is never late on rent and always does the dishes when I am finished.

I am willing to live in Springfrield OR Eugene.
If anyone has the means to help me out, possibly let me live in an unused basement or room while their student is away at school, I would be willing to pay a reasonable rent rate and help out around the house if needed. I'm open to advice about living in Oregon and the best places to eat and 'Must See's'. I'll be there four months so I want to get the most out of the northern west coast that I can!

thanks for reading my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 03:54 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Oh my. Be careful with this one. Springfield and Eugene have more than their share of fringe individuals who may take you up on this. There seems to be an excess of lunitics in the area. Better just get here and get one of the many $450 a month apartments.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
You aren't going to get murdered. Eugene has a better reputation than Springfield but I'm not sure that's fair. What kind of work are you doing? You're young enough that you could probably hang around the University of Oregon and no one would notice. You could probably make a few friends that way.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:00 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
You aren't going to get murdered. ... ...

And then again you might.

Bad idea. Rent an apartment. There are a lot of them around.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:40 AM
A.D

2 posts, read 1,835 times
I would like to suggest this to you

Go to either duck's village or chase village I know they are both in Eugene not in springfield but in my opinion I find them better and suitable for you. On top of that, if you need a roommate for the period that you are staying in just go to either duck's or chase village's website and look for roommate matching that way you would find a roommate of your choice. However, if you are considering living alone which is basically something is not that bad, you could just rent an apartment in the villages mentioned with pretty good price and some of the condos are furnished as well

I hope that helped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area