Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:29 AM

11 posts, read 91,203 times

Advertisements

for this topic, I am talking mainly about White women since they are constitute the majority in both countries

I have heard over the web a lot and just a few weeks ago I heard a personal experience in real life. I know two guys (former classmates), one who is Korean and another who is Indian (harold and kumar anyone? lol). Both are over 6 ft tall, fit bodies, college graduates, and have a decent salary too. When they were in Virginia (Northern VA), they complained of two things:

1. Most women who were White did not really look at them as dating material, they preferred White men and then Black or Latino men.
2. Most women who were White and did look at them as dating material were not desirable in other ways (already had kids, overweight and didn't really take care of themselves, not that good looking (lets be honest, looks matter, and these two guys are keeping themselves fit they at least deserve an average looking girl)).

Regardless my two former classmates dated quality Black, Asian, and in some cases Latina women (though they said the Whiter looking ones tended to avoid them).

Now recently two of my classmates are in Europe. One is in Sweden (Indian one) and the other is in France (Korean one). I keep up with them on facebook and both are in a relationship with quality women who happen to be White, something they themselves said could never really happen in America.

Not only that but I also notice it talking to women, many make their preferences known. A lot make it known that they will not date an Asian at all. Yet in Europe it seems that this is not the case.

Travelers, can you aware me?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times
I lived in Europe for a year, and a Japanese guy I knew who was pretty cool, was able to meet girls. However, the other Asian guys, Indian, Pakistan, Chinese, etc. couldn't.

I think Asian guys (Indian and Korean) will have MUCH better luck on the West Coast of the U.S. Out on the West Coast, a lot of the girls go interracial all of the time, and certain ones just go for Korean or whatever else. I mean, white girls, black girls, you name it. I remember that a lot on the West Coast. They also have A LOT more exposure to Asian guys, so develop preferences, familiarity, etc.

My take on living in Europe, is that most European women just don't think about Asian guys at all. THe East Coast of the US, and Midwest, etc. as well, it's the same thing. It's just not on the radar screen whatsoever.

That's my take on it anyways...take it as you will.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Having lived overseas and knowing lots of europeans (and asians), I would say that I have seen WAY many more mixed marriages in europe than I have here. Indian guys, Vietnamese guys, Japanese guys, everything.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:53 AM

27,583 posts, read 28,693,962 times
This is slightly off-topic. However, I'm going to say it anyway: Women love men with money.

It may be trite for me to say this. But generally speaking, you will see it world-wide. Make LOTS of money, and all kinds of women who weren't interested in you previously suddenly start noticing you.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:54 AM

apparently this Indian guy had no problems at all in Sweden

Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
This is slightly off-topic. However, I'm going to say it anyway: Women love men with money.

It may be trite for me to say this. But generally speaking, you will see it world-wide. Make LOTS of money, and all kinds of women who weren't interested in you previously suddenly start noticing you.
I would kind of agree but still I would disagree. I know a lot of Indian and Asian med students who are males. Do they get attention from women who are White? Sure they do. Yet, regardless, they still have to lower their standards.

They won't be dating a blonde who is a 9 on a scale of 1-10 even if they look like a Bollywood actor or like Daniel Henney, at least not in America, or in my experience at least not in virginia but people do say it is more "racist" compared to other places.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighters22 View Post
for this topic, I am talking mainly about White women since they are constitute the majority in both countries

I have heard over the web a lot and just a few weeks ago I heard a personal experience in real life. I know two guys (former classmates), one who is Korean and another who is Indian (harold and kumar anyone? lol). Both are over 6 ft tall, fit bodies, college graduates, and have a decent salary too. When they were in Virginia (Northern VA), they complained of two things:

1. Most women who were White did not really look at them as dating material, they preferred White men and then Black or Latino men.
2. Most women who were White and did look at them as dating material were not desirable in other ways (already had kids, overweight and didn't really take care of themselves, not that good looking (lets be honest, looks matter, and these two guys are keeping themselves fit they at least deserve an average looking girl)).

Regardless my two former classmates dated quality Black, Asian, and in some cases Latina women (though they said the Whiter looking ones tended to avoid them).

Now recently two of my classmates are in Europe. One is in Sweden (Indian one) and the other is in France (Korean one). I keep up with them on facebook and both are in a relationship with quality women who happen to be White, something they themselves said could never really happen in America.

Not only that but I also notice it talking to women, many make their preferences known. A lot make it known that they will not date an Asian at all. Yet in Europe it seems that this is not the case.

Travelers, can you aware me?
Maybe your friends are just a bit superficial. Why would they even care if whites look at them or not?
And all that "quality women" and "dating material" talk, ts...
And of course women with kids are not desirable

Do your friends have jobs, too, or are they professional daters? Sounds like it...

My advice to all three of you, grow up

Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighters22 View Post
I would kind of agree but still I would disagree. I know a lot of Indian and Asian med students who are males. Do they get attention from women who are White? Sure they do. Yet, regardless, they still have to lower their standards.

They won't be dating a blonde who is a 9 on a scale of 1-10 even if they look like a Bollywood actor or like Daniel Henney, at least not in America, or in my experience at least not in virginia but people do say it is more "racist" compared to other places.
But I think most whites aren't dating blondes who are 9 on a 1-10 scale in the U.S. either.

Personally, I think to be a 9, you have to have some basic health conscious standards - and few American women (or men) have that.

Everytime I've seen a 9 American girl, you'll always have some muscle-strapped gym guy attached to her - his race often irrelevant.

Which reminds me, when I went to college in Michigan, there was a muscle Indian-American guy (who I completely forgot was Indian). But he worked out so much, he became a male stripper...and the guy always had 9 girls all the time, and every other girl as well. His dating range was significantly better than mine!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 AM

347 posts, read 696,219 times
What's so special about white women that they would feel this is an issue that white women aren't into them?? They aren't any better or worse looking than any other ethnicity of women imo. If they don't like your friends there's plenty of other attractive women to go around.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,698 times
Maybe the people who spend less time considering wether or not people consider them attractive because they are white / black / pink with red spots have more fun. smile more and come across as less insecure and more fun to be with.... and then are more attractive full stop....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe