Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 PM

409 posts, read 2,634,587 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip to Europe in late March early April. I will spend 2-3 days in Ibiza and had a couple of questions. Ibiza has a reputation of being a year-round party place but I just don't know if April is too early in the year to visit the island. What are must see places?
What's the best time of the year to visit Ibiza?
Best party Hotels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 07:11 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
As far as I know it's a popular tourist destination for young adults wanting to get drunk and falling into bed with anything that has a pulse.

But, I'd suggest Ibiza Town, the capital of the island.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,598,610 times
Large Gay population too. BIG party destination.

Anyway, Ibiza is part of the Baleraic(sp?) Islands. They are one of Spain's autonomous communities. The local language is actually a dialect of Catalan, but as an international destination, you will find people that speak many different languages.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
I didn’t even know Ibiza existed and its exact location until recently!

“Ibiza is considered a popular tourist destination, especially due to its legendary and at times riotous nightlife centred around two areas: Ibiza Town the island's capital on the southern shore and San Antoni the West.Well-known nightclubs are Privilege, Amnesia, Space, Pacha, Eden, Es Paradis, Underground, Gala Night, and DC10. During the summer, the top producers and DJs in dance come to the island and play at the various clubs, in between touring to other international destinations. Some of the most famous DJs run their own weekly nights around the island. Many of these DJs use Ibiza as an outlet for presenting new songs within the house, trance, and techno genres of electronic dance music.”

Also, Ibiza has an interesting island location in the Balearic Islands off the coast of mainland Spain. Ibiza seems to have great nature scenery, beaches, architecture, and street activity to complement the awesome nightlight scene.

It seems like the best time visit Ibiza is June to October.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,266,165 times
April doesn't seems to be the best time of year, especially if you want to party or going to beach.
It will be relatively cool, and probably quite rainy. I can be good to visit the cities, the countryside or the little towns, or to meet real balearic people; but if you want to party on the beach with cosmopolitan people... You have to go in June/July/August

Old 02-05-2012, 10:33 AM

5 posts, read 29,024 times
If you want to party like you never have before go to Ibiza in the summer.
San Antonio is the place. But beware, its EXPENSIVE. Clubs cost €50-200+ entrance fee, bottle water is €8-10, beer is €8-20, cocktails €20+. It is THE playground in Europe for the beautiful clubbing scene with internationally famous DJ's playing all night in internationally famous dance clubs.
You have probably heard of the Cafe del Mar Chillout CD series; its a famous chillout cafe bar in Ibiza.
It has multi million dollar villas owned by many celebrities and some lovely beaches.
Most people I know who go there spend $1000-1500+ for their 10-14 day accom & take $2-3000 with them. It is so easy to spend €500 a day there. If that is your scene, you will have the best time, as it is the world best clubbing scene bar none.
However, book your accomodation in advance. Hope this helps.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Jennifer Lopez mentions Ibiza in one of her popular songs. That's all I know. lol.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:54 PM

62 posts, read 62,200 times
If you are looking to party and experience the party scene in Ibiza than you don't want to go in March/April, the season doesn't start up till June and ends sometime in early Oct. I spent 4 days there this past summer and even though I went to party I was very surprised that there was a lot to do and see during the day.

Ibiza town, the main town, is really cool, lots of great shops, restaurants, bars, and great people watching (Europeans from all over come down to vacation here). There are lots of beaches, some nude which for an American is always interesting lol. We rented a car and drove all around the island, took a dirt road up to the highest point which offered spectacular views and also stopped in at a winery. You could even take a ferry to the neighboring islands of Mallorca which is few hours away or Formentera which is like 30 minutes. But the real reason people go to Ibiza is to party, and man the clubs are out of this world amazing but like mentioned before be prepared to drop some $$$$$$ (totally worth it in my opinion).

Old 02-10-2012, 06:28 AM

4 posts, read 15,484 times
MrDezi

My mother was born in Ibiza when the place was poor BUT extremelly beautiful and traditional. I visited the place first time some 48 years ago and it was a paradise. Then, during the 60's, the place became the capital of very rich hippies that used to live with locals in a peaceful harmony, people were allowed to smoke pot and take trips during in Franco's Spain and the famous Ibiza Fashion spread thoughout the world.

Ibiza still is a beatiful place, but OVERCROWDED and OVEREXPENSIVE, and unless you have family there or know the owner of Amnesia and Pacha (I know them and I don't pay but I'm too ripe for such activities...)...don't go there.

I mean, you won't find rich and educated hippies or the overly rich people you find in Corsica, but a bunch of badly educated low class punks, Spanish "horteras" (loud and obnoxious Spanish), loud Italianos, etc.....You'll spend lots, lots of money if you are not in the crowd.

Local and people that own houses in the countryside or city have their own spots and lived isolated, the same happens to yachters, so if you go there during summer you will only find drunk hooligans and obnoxious people, lots of drugs and as to sex, a girl for every 10 Italianos and 25 Spanish catetos.

Why don't you go to Thailand, Bali or anyplace in that area? You'll save lots of money and you will have a better time.

Last edited by Mortimerius; 02-10-2012 at 06:41 AM..

Old 05-15-2012, 11:53 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times
Good question, I'm HUGE into the electronic scene and have been for years (since I was a kid) and as a teenager I started to collect lots of CD electronic music compilation mixes from Ibiza and since then I've always wanted to visit Ibiza.

It looks like an absolute paradise and YES, I want to experience the crazy partying, the drugs, the drinking, the sex and the rock-n-roll. I've just always worried about the crowd. I can party it up big time but my main worry is the money. I don't have hook ups, and I don't have plenty of money. I'm able to save money to go there but I would just worry about feeling kind of left out or not being able to fit in, in some way. Plus, I'm 25, so I don't know if I am "too late" for that scene (nah, I doubt it).

Physically, I'm not fool of myself and don't praise my body but I definitely get a lot of praise so I wouldn't worry about being out-of-shape and "ugly" or rather not exactly attractive.

It's definitely a place I want to party before I die or get too old. All the clubs that I go to here in the states, started there (Space, Pacha, Amnesia) and I would love to go there since it looks even WAY better.

Beautiful beaches, crazy partying, drugs, all seem like my type of place to visit. Just exactly how expensive is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe