Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Centuries of not having lived in an area does not give you rights to that area.
People migrate, move, whatever. Wars happen.
They were gone.
Others lived there and the current and centuries inhabited residents were forced to give up their land.

And the Israelis continue to steal Palestinian land.
I completely agree with you regarding Palestine but not all Jewish people are complicit in this genocide. There are some voices of dissent drowned out of course by the majority in Israel but many Jewish people outside of Israel are often in my experience anyway quite liberal and often ashamed of what people are doing in their name.

And there is still quite a lot of anti semitism, most of it not even linked to Israel Domestic Policies but purely through sheer bigotry which I find really regrettable.

Israelis IMO are often fed a diet of lies and untruths about the Palestinians and have often happily swallowed up the party line hook line and sinker but the consciousness is definitely growing. Having been to Israel and Palestine a few times I think it would be difficult to ever side with the Israelis. What is happening is basically state sponsored terrorism and a form of genocide but nonetheless Anti-Semitism in its raw form is something I do find very distasteful and really not helpful as all it does is propagate yet more prejudices.

Israelis need to wake up that's for sure. But the extreme right wing neo nazis especially in Eastern Europe are not concerned with Palestinians' rights or Middle Eastern Politics. Theirs is not a Political hatred but a deep rooted "racism" for the word of a better word. That is just ugly and never justifiable IMO.

I despise Israel as a State and Zionists /Ultra Conservative Jewish people with the "chosen people", rhetoric which under any other banner would be considered the ultimate in bigotry and racism but nboody should hate a Jewish person simply because. That to me is just another way back to 1933.

Jewish people often do not do themselves any favour because of what some are doing to the Palestinians but it does not mean there is no danger from an extreme political faction in some parts of Europe and the US. The argument should be won on its merits alone not because people happen to be Jews. Once people resort to anti semitism they have in essence lost the argument by stooping as low as ultra conservative Jews.

The thing I cannot understand is that a people which has for centuries been persecuted, expelled, reviled and often been treated like cattle in history would resort to such horrendous and appalling methods. You would expect the victims of genocide to be a little more sympathetic and less bellicose...

What Britain, France and the US created after the war in Israel has been an unmitigated disaster. We are in essence responsible for the creation of the conflict as it stands now and for which I find it hard to imagine a solution...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtango View Post
Makes no difference where they came from. There were no people in the American continent and therefore they stole nobody’s land.
Get a grip.

You don't own land. Greece gained lots of territory by war and slaughtering people.

And then they lost all of it.

And then the economy went down the drain.

And then they got free money from other countries.

To be continued.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM

526 posts, read 692,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Others lived there and the current and centuries inhabited residents were forced to give up their land.
I regret to have to disappoint a lady, but the land was sold by the residents to the first Jewish settlers.

As to the way the Israeli government is conducting its affairs you may be right, but it does not have to do with the right of the Jews to have their own land.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM

526 posts, read 692,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Get a grip.

You don't own land. Greece gained lots of territory by war and slaughtering people.

And then they lost all of it.

And then the economy went down the drain.

And then they got free money from other countries.

To be continued.

Yes, my friend, you are right! The Greeks are no better than the Americans. They probably killed most of the people who lived in this here peninsula of the Eastern Mediterranean when they conquered it, and never had the courage to admit it (in this respect the only honest people are the Jews, who admit in the OT that their forefathers enslaved and finally exterminated the inhabitants of Canaan, and the Australians who asked publicly and officially pardon from the Aborigines).

You gain nothing by diminishing Greeks or any other people in your attempt to elevate Americans. You’ll have to follow the example of the Australians.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 PM

567 posts, read 1,120,617 times
I think it was Adorno (a German Jew himself) who described the Jews as "the middlemen of history." For example, during the years of the Weimar Republic it was the gentiles at the very top who ultimately screwed things up, but it was the Jewish shopkeeper or the mid-level Jewish banker who attracted the ire of the average German carting around hyperinflated currency in a wheelbarrow. Also, people don't remember this, but in America during the Great Depression, Midwestern radio personalities would rant about "Jewish bankers in Chicago" popping champagne corks for every 100th foreclosed farm. Jews made for a convenient, visible scapegoat. It was easier to blame them than to consider vast, abstract, social and economic forces, let alone how the guys at the very top contributed to the mess.

As for how Jews ended up being concentrated in certain sectors such as banking. In the Middle Ages, church law held that "usury" was unbiblical, based on an off-hand recommendation by St. Paul. Since Jews were not bound by that, and since they were barred from so many other economic activities such as farming and most of the trades, they filled in the gap. This is what you would call "paraiah capitalism" where an outgroup provides an economic service that mainstream society is discouraged from engaging in even though they really need that service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe