Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusx5 View Post
are u ignorant? according to modern DNA genetic research, portuguese are very different from spaniards.. and again according to the same DNA research, spaniards from the north are whiter than italians from the north. the basques of spain are far whiter than northern italians.. italians and portuguese have been found to be the darkest skinned peoples in europe and dont meet the same caucasian standards in europe. the badques and northern spabiards may even be lighter skinned than many english and far whiter than italians. the pictures below are exanples of 2 popular italian people. in these images, we see joe torre and leon panetta. these italians dont seem to meet white european standards. italian skin tones are very different from the rest of europe.
What is cacausian standards supposed to mean? A standard of melanin deficiency? Some people are darker than others. The US Census counts North Africans and Arabs as Caucasian.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
[quote=nei;30075958]So? But plenty of British are darker complexions than those examples and similar to many French people. Countries have an overlap.

The focus on the lightest features are to underline his point that the British are lighter than the French and other Southern Europeans. It's the lightest features which make a difference concerning the pigmentation difference between the groups. People with the lightest features are much more common among the British than they would be among the French. There are even types according to him which are not found in the French population and vice-versa. The differences between the French and British are not solely based on the pigmentation differences. Of course, there are overlaps, however these are gradual, meaning it's the northernmost parts of France which would be most similar to Britain. Again the lightest pigmentation plays a role, since the regions of France which are somewhat linked to Britain, Normandie, Pas-de-Calais, Bretagne are also France's lightest regions meaning they are lighter than what would be the average for France!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
What is cacausian standards supposed to mean? A standard of melanin deficiency? Some people are darker than others. The US Census counts North Africans and Arabs as Caucasian.
That's for practical reasons that Arab/North Africans are counted as Caucasian. They might be part of the larger Caucasian racial group, but many are not Whites in proper sense. There are many Middle-Easterners who are almost as dark as other Africans and others are light but with African facial features. Anyway haplogroups J,G,E1b1b are not the commonest in the continent of Europe or among European populations. Balkanic countries are European countries which are closest genetically to North Africans and Middle-Easterners. Caucasian were known because of their melanin deficiency that's correct which is lowest in Northern Europe in regions where red-heads are commonest.

This is another good example of Northern European light pigmentation. An English woman with her 15 children, all have blonde hair.

Last edited by saxonwold; 06-18-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM

318 posts, read 624,656 times
Quote:
The U.S. census is highly unnacurate.

95 Percent of people of Mexican ancestry that live in the usa are classified as white. (Just an example)

According to the Mexican census only 9 percent of their population is white.

The US census inflates its white figures to be perceived as a white majority country when in reality it is way far from the truth.

British are a mixture of basque genes and germanic genes.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:13 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Well we do not.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
lol Marseille is 43 degrees North (FORTY THREE), thats further North than those great 'souther' cities of Chicago or New York! lol it lies on the same latitude as Toronto!! I am sorry but France is a Northern country, now you may like to think that France is some sort of 'tropical paradise' but at between 40 and 51 degrees north means it isnt true! Now like I have asked a dozen times show me this 'British look' that you told me is IMPOSSIBLE to find in France. If you can't show me then describe it to me, is it eyes? ears? noses? mouths? Do you honestly believe there is nobody blond or redheaded in the whole of France!!!? Are you seriously all dark skinned dark haired because of the increadible strength of the sun at 45 degrees North? lol
France is not a Northern country it is halfway to the pole.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
The look of some british people like mr bean are pretty common in most parts of the UK(Ireland Included), I havent seen it anywhere else in northern europe.
My understanding is that it was due to the influx of the Moors during Medieval times. One example of this would be the "black Irish". Catherine Zeta-Jones being Welsh is another example.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,261,618 times
Quote:
So? But plenty of British are darker complexions than those examples and similar to many French people. Countries have an overlap.

Again, why only focus on lightest features?
Hello,

This was just the subject, i was explaining that many British would hardly pass for being french with photo exemples. Naturally those exemples fall among the lightest British.

I never claimed that all British can't pass for being french, many would Probably do. There are obviously overlaps between populations. I explained that british and northern european groups of people are in generally easily recognisable because of the presence Within a group, of noticeable ligher people than in the french population.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 PM

824 posts, read 3,601,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Hello,

This was just the subject, i was explaining that many British would hardly pass for being french. Naturally those exemples are among the lightest British. I never claimed that all British can't pass for being french, many would do. I explained that british and northern european groups of people are in generally easily recognisable because of the presence of some noticeable ligher people than in the french population.

Maybe dutch and scandinavians are very easily to notice as group because of their so light features (and huge statures) on average. But I dont think british people are that light to stand out that much, unless they are in deep southern france. Most brits have brown hair, and not much taller than french.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 PM

362 posts, read 794,299 times
I blame miscegnation with jews and blacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe