Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 AM

20 posts, read 62,448 times

Advertisements

I stayed in Paris for two months and I noticed something that had been a little confusing for me.

Racially France seems to have a high Black and high Arabic population. But I noticed that with the Black population, it was more assimilated and mixed with the White population of France. I often saw a lot of Black male - White female couples there, even more than I do here in the USA.

But with the Arabic population I noticed it did not mix with the White population that much at all.

Is there some type of a stigma against being near an arabic looking person there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 12:31 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,612 times
Quote:
a lot of Black male - White female couples there, even more than I do here in the USA.
Maybe the reason is religion? I also saw interracial couples there, but no Arab-French couples.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 AM

20 posts, read 62,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Maybe the reason is religion? I also saw interracial couples there, but no Arab-French couples.
I think I have seen more Arabic - White couples here in the USA than I have in France. Given the nature of Arabic men to flirt a lot with European women I would think it be pretty common but I don't even recall seeing it once.

Come to think of it, I don't even recall seeing any guys with european women there except for black men. I thought Paris would be the city where you would see every interracial couple but apparently not.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,612 times
Quote:
Arabic men to flirt a lot with European women
Maybe to flirt is a one thing and to marry is another...Maybe their families will be against.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:19 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,813,270 times
I worked with a French girl who was half Algerian.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:21 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,813,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Mel Brook View Post
I think I have seen more Arabic - White couples here in the USA than I have in France. Given the nature of Arabic men to flirt a lot with European women I would think it be pretty common but I don't even recall seeing it once.

Come to think of it, I don't even recall seeing any guys with european women there except for black men. I thought Paris would be the city where you would see every interracial couple but apparently not.
It's mostly religion. Most Muslims who take the faith seriously do not intermarry. Keep in mind many Arabs in the US like from places like Iraq or Syria (Saudis are rare) are actually Christian not Muslim.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,595,130 times
Quote:
I stayed in Paris for two months and I noticed something that had been a little confusing for me.

Racially France seems to have a high Black and high Arabic population. But I noticed that with the Black population, it was more assimilated and mixed with the White population of France. I often saw a lot of Black male - White female couples there, even more than I do here in the USA.

But with the Arabic population I noticed it did not mix with the White population that much at all.

Is there some type of a stigma against being near an arabic looking person there?

Not all,you probably did not look closely,particularly in the immigrant quarter of Paris like Belleville,Barbes.they are North African people and that's quite different from arab.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,595,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Maybe to flirt is a one thing and to marry is another...Maybe their families will be against.
Many North african are married to french women.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM

82 posts, read 63,575 times
Most Arabs in the U.S. are Christians.

Muslims are taking their religion more serious; however, Islam allow Muslim men to marry "people of the book" (Christian and Jews).

In France, most Arabs and Muslims come from Northern Africa.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:18 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,607,383 times
This is not uncommon to see North African/White couple but not as much as Black/White couple.
As most people said, I think that the main reason is the religion.

Quote:
I don't even recall seeing any guys with european women there except for black men. I thought Paris would be the city where you would see every interracial couple but apparently not.
Asian/white couple are also quite common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe