Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 PM

614 posts, read 3,213,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yahoo!

I cannot say I fault the Northern League -- how is Italy's immigration policy any of her business? Italians were kind enough to allow her entry into their country, providing for her a far better life than the African country from which she migrated, and now she wants to repay Italy by importing more poverty and economic social pressures on native Italians?

I agree. Then she'll turn Italy into a country like the one she escaped, which will bring everything back full cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 05:10 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
She is now Italian and has the right to attempt to change the policy just like any other Italian. Whether she succeeds or fails is a different matter, but she has that right. Would you be protesting if she was Caucasian, born in Germany, and became Italian and attempted to change policies?
1) She illegally came to Italy. In most of other countries illegals are expelled. In Italy become minister.
2) She was appointed only because of her skin colour and this is a very strange of racism.
3) She is the first "Minister of Integration", never appointed anyone before in 153 years of history of the Italian state.
4) Her statements are repeatedly in favor of ius soli, which is the less applied in the whole Europe and certainly not adapted in the situation Italy is in now.
5) Integration is a slow process, it can't be done by simply ordering native Italians to do it.
6)She just seems to have been appointed to mask and cloud the real problems: her declarations are mostly stupid and senseless like that in documents parents need being called "Parent 1 and 2"( Genitore 1 e Genitore 2)
7)She stated that immigration is a good thing in Italy and that landing aren't an emergency, proving an utter foolishness.
8)She wants to abolish the crime of irregularity of immigrants, practically even making easier to come to Italy.
9) She stated that immigrants LEAVING Italy could receive a pension from the Italian state, when there 9,3 millions of people in Italy who are becoming "poor" thanks to the crysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by november4 View Post
Italy needs people liker her! I think she is great.
Yes, yes more immigrants with 41% of youth unemployed and the welfare near the collapse, more of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Why are people so keen to pressure European countries to accept immigrants but not say Japan? They say 'oh Japan wants to preserve it's culture, good on them' but not Italy? I'm not saying some immigrant might not be a good thing, and the 'Northern League's' behaviour is a bit much, but it seems Europe is already being overrun by immigrants as it is. OTH Italy is very monocultural though, at least a few immigrants might bring more variety in food, it's hard to find non-Italian food in Italy.
Because we Europeans are ugly, bad and cruel and we killed countless people in the past.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
Jewish, no. Israeli, if naturalized, yes.
But Israel is the Jewish state, and their policies would not allow a Japanese person to simply "become Israeli".

Old 01-18-2014, 10:16 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,601 times
She already speaks of a "racially-mixed/mestizo Italy" and her first offical statement was "I'm very proud to be Black"....
Imagine a white Anglo minister being a minister in Cameroon and saying stuff like "I'm proud to be white and want to make Cameroon a racially-mixed, e.g. less African place"... that would rightfully be the nightmare for plenty of Western "tree huggers" and "lefties".

Italy has enough poor Italians (esp. children living in poverty) and has huge problems with corruption and bad economy...mass immigration will make problems even worse!

It's no wonder why the popularity of right wing and neo-Nazi nutcases is rising, when those liberal and lefty tossers keep on pushing their anti-European and diversity agenda. But then they complain about the "filthy foreign Chinese infiltration" of Tibet...

Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,139,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But Israel is the Jewish state, and their policies would not allow a Japanese person to simply "become Israeli".
I am not familiar with specific rules but the Israel citizenship wiki claims non-Jewish foreigners can be naturalized on the basis of residency. You seem to suggest that this is not true -- I am not sure I understand the analogy with Italy then. Were you suggesting that a foreign-born citizen of Italy cannot claim Italy as his/her "home", or shouldn't be able to?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,978 times
Ordinary people lack information, consequently the dominant group plays with his toys, the small percentage of the younger generations..that.. can understand fly abroad.....

Old 01-21-2014, 03:32 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,326,133 times
Italy is a nation of immigrants and groups of people migrating there. I don't think there is anything wrong with immigration. As long as it's LEGAL and through legal means. ILLEGAL immigration is a no-no though. So if immigrants are illegal, then that's when you deport that a$$ immediately. IJS

Old 01-21-2014, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I am not familiar with specific rules but the Israel citizenship wiki claims non-Jewish foreigners can be naturalized on the basis of residency. You seem to suggest that this is not true -- I am not sure I understand the analogy with Italy then. Were you suggesting that a foreign-born citizen of Italy cannot claim Italy as his/her "home", or shouldn't be able to?
And also not to mention that Israel has a special rule of right of return where any person of Jewish descent or of Jewish faith is allowed automatic welcoming and citizenship in Israel.

However they have restrictions on many because they want Israel to remain a majority Jewish state.

Lots of xenophobia.

Illegals though should definitely be deported.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
She already speaks of a "racially-mixed/mestizo Italy" and her first offical statement was "I'm very proud to be Black"....
Imagine a white Anglo minister being a minister in Cameroon and saying stuff like "I'm proud to be white and want to make Cameroon a racially-mixed, e.g. less African place"... that would rightfully be the nightmare for plenty of Western "tree huggers" and "lefties".

Italy has enough poor Italians (esp. children living in poverty) and has huge problems with corruption and bad economy...mass immigration will make problems even worse!

It's no wonder why the popularity of right wing and neo-Nazi nutcases is rising, when those liberal and lefty tossers keep on pushing their anti-European and diversity agenda. But then they complain about the "filthy foreign Chinese infiltration" of Tibet...
I wonder if she is in a relationship with a black man? I wouldn't be surprised if she only dates white men.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM

57 posts, read 181,799 times
Cecile is married to an Italian man and has Italian children.
Italy is in ruin because of their mentality...anti-immigration way of thinking among many other things. Immigrants are a great resource to a country! I am an immigrant in Italy...my father was an immigrant in the US from Mexico, working as professionals! Sorry! You want us out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe