Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:54 PM

545 posts, read 866,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinparis View Post
Meanwhile in Paris they're stuck in the 1980s, with the horrid overpriced bitter café au lait with UHT milk and a nasty sachet of powdered sugar. And that'll be €4.80 please! (Compare with a delicious flat white in London for £2.20).
Who drink café au lait in Paris ? Take a petit noir or nothing you sissy
And never saw a 4.80€ coffee.. Maybe in tourist areas ? It's almost everywhere around 2€. Even saw some 1€ coffees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 03:25 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Italy = better coffee
France = waaaayyyyy better food
Italian cuisine isn't just pizza and fettuccine as many Americans think lol
Anyway, de gustibus, I find French cuisine too elaborate, too chich, too complex and far less wide than Italian one in terms of ingredients and dishes.
French cuisine is excellent in pastes and wines but Italy has excellent dishes in those fields.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,607,383 times
Because like the Americans don't know Italian foods, you also don't know French foods.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Because like the Americans don't know Italian foods, you also don't know French foods.
Having lived and visited France almost 30 times, I guess I do

Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Having lived and visited France almost 30 times, I guess I do
How could you find French food too elaborate ? French gastronomy is just one side of the coin.
I love Italian cuisine, and in comparison, the biggest critic someone could do about French dishes is they are more fat (more cheese, cream, butter and the charcuterie is usually greasy). To do salted crêpes, a fondue sovoyarde or a welsh is not what I call elaborate.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
How could you find French food too elaborate ? French gastronomy is just one side of the coin.
I love Italian cuisine, and in comparison, the biggest critic someone could do about French dishes is they are more fat (more cheese, cream, butter and the charcuterie is usually greasy). To do salted crêpes, a fondue sovoyarde or a welsh is not what I call elaborate.
I like French cuisine too, especially in the "common restaurant" and not in those "chic" places where a portion is as big as spoon.
I had forgotten sauces, in which French cuisine is, as far as I relished, very good.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:35 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
France has absolutely not a café culture!
What? I dont think so..

Old 02-10-2014, 02:47 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,703,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
What? I dont think so..
That one was a head scratcher.

https://www.google.com/search?q=side...w=1280&bih=872

Old 02-10-2014, 02:48 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
Yet France has the lowest obesity rate in Europe.

Obesity rate is about 11% in France, compared with 23% in the UK, 24% in Australia and 35% in the US, even with their crappy food.

Obesity is really not bad the fat content in your diet. It is more about your life style (walking every day or stuck behind of the wheel everytime you are out), how much one eats (king sized popcorn and coke?) and how often one eats (various snacks between meals).

Old 02-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Yet France has the lowest obesity rate in Europe.

Obesity rate is about 11% in France, compared with 23% in the UK, 24% in Australia and 35% in the US, even with their crappy food.

Obesity is really not bad the fat content in your diet. It is more about your life style (walking every day or stuck behind of the wheel everytime you are out), how much one eats (king sized popcorn and coke?) and how often one eats (various snacks between meals).
You don't have to convince me, I agree. And I would add the quality of the product is important too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe