Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 09:38 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
And its economy is smaller than Italy's and Canada's. Gosh they must be doing something right.
After Ruble’s imminent collapse it will be smaller than the Netherlands and Taiwan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 12:18 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Do you wrote the same thing when NATO bombed Yugoslavia? (1999)

When Ukraine launch airstrikes on people who didn't accept the new "democratically elected regime"? (2014-2015)

Maybe I'm wrong, but you only see what you want to see.
I can't believe you had the nerve to go there. Nato didn't bomb Yugoslavia in 1999, because that country broke into separate countries in 1991. By 1999 "Yuogaslavia" was Serbia and microscopic Montenegro. But surely someone as knowledgeable as you would know this?

Now share some photos that show what the Serbs/Chetniks did in Slavonia, what they did to Dubrovnik, what they did in Srebrenica, Vukovar, Dalj, etc. etc. long before 1999. The term ethnic cleansing was invented to describe what Serbians did to Croatia and then later to Bosnia. Why not post some photos of the rape camps the Serbs set up? They were the aggressors throughout the wars, and after displacing and slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people they needed to be stopped.

Or you see what you want to see. By the way - we all see who you are. Don't worry, you don't actually need to show photos of what your fine comrades did - they are all still out there for the world to see.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:03 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
The Russian economy is tanking

Russia central bank hikes interest rates to 20% from 9.5% to bolster ruble

I've a 80k EUR mortgage (residual) with a 1.79% interest rate. Russians must be in pain now.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:03 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Maybe you ALL stop discussing EACH OTHER and STOP personal attacks, or infractions will follow.
Enough already! Read the Forum ToS.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:17 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
Excellent opinion piece on why Russia has lost the war https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...russia-ukraine

Old 02-28-2022, 02:27 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe you ALL stop discussing EACH OTHER and STOP personal attacks, or infractions will follow.
Enough already! Read the Forum ToS.
Thank you.

It’s difficult to get real news anywhere.

A map in The Guardian (UK) shows that Russian troops have made gains along the Sea of Azov, establishing a land bridge between Donbass and Crimea, surrounding Mariupol and Kherson. According to The Guardian the information comes from a military consulting company and there is no commentary, just toponyms, arrows, and colors.

My YouTube feed suggests a handful of China-based news channels, many of which cast Russia in a less negative or even a positive light. I wonder how long it will take for YouTube’s owners to block them.

Apparently Ukrainian and Russian negotiators have a meeting planned for today in Belarus. I would not expect any cease fire until reality on the ground stabilizes in some sense, and that could take weeks.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:05 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
[quote=erasure;62985482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post

Oh snap out of it already Easthome.
Here, I'll repost this specially for you;
Snap out of it!!!!! Russia militarily INVADES a country, waging war, murdering civilians and threatening nuclear armageddon and you think we should simply 'snap out of it'!

Old 02-28-2022, 03:39 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
[quote=easthome;62987689]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Snap out of it!!!!! Russia militarily INVADES a country, waging war, murdering civilians and threatening nuclear armageddon and you think we should simply 'snap out of it'!
The Russian writer Krylov has a good fable "The Elephant and the Pug".

Quote:
Along the streets Big Elephant was led,
To show him off, most likely.
Since Elephants are not a common thing to see
A crowd of gapers followed on his heels.
All of a sudden Pug springs up in front of them.
And seeing Elephant, it raises a great rumpus,
It lunges, barks and howls
And does its best to pick a quarrel.
'Hey neighbor, stop the fuss,'
A mutt intones, 'You? Deal with Elephant?
Look at you barking yourself hoarse, and he just strolls
Nonplussed
And doesn't care one bit about your noise.'
'Ho ho!' Pug says,
'That's just what I enjoy,
Since I can be a real tough guy
Without a single blow or bruise.
That way, the other dogs will say:
'To bark at Elephant this Pug
Must be a real strong mug!'
So Russia is an elephant, and the "collective West" looks like a pug.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:49 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
[quote=Zimogor;62987735]
Quote:

The Russian writer Krylov has a good fable "The Elephant and the Pug".

So Russia is an elephant, and the "collective West" looks like a pug.
WTF are you talking about!?? Get out of somebody else's country, the whole world thinks Putin is a w*nker, no amount of Russian propaganda is going to work because the world isn't as stupid as Putin and his cronies think it is!

Note to Zimogor's supervisor:-

His attempts at Russian propaganda is failing (of course it is), another one way ticket to Siberia required!

Old 02-28-2022, 04:06 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Note to Zimogor's supervisor:-

His attempts at Russian propaganda is failing (of course it is), another one way ticket to Siberia required!

I'm already in Siberia, if anything. I was born and raised here and I'm not going anywhere. Moreover, global warming is coming soon.. in general, it will be warm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe