Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Daniel Craig was surprisingly popular as Bond...either way, Sean Connery is overrated, no offence but a Scottish accent just does NOT suit him. TBH I still prefer Pierce Brosnan as Bond...maybe because I grew up playing a lot of 007 video games...

Why?
Do Scots have to behave and speak according to the stereotypes of people living 10.000 miles away?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:37 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
In the UK beauty, blond was never held up as being the final topping. Look at the UK beauties over the past 60 years. Few are blond. Look at Vivien Leigh. A clear beauty but not blond. It appeared that the UK deliberately omitted blond women as being icons of beauty, yet the country had its fair share of blond women.

Vivien Leigh played Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With The Wind. Light skin, light eyes and dark brown hair:
Vivien Leigh is one of the most beautiful women of any era. I love the actresses of that era and the 50s. Actresses now just can't hold a candle to them.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,715 times
Germans may be a little blonder, but Britons have fairer skin tones.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,532,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Germans may be a little blonder, but Britons have fairer skin tones.
Indeed they are quite pale and can often be spotted while on vacation because they sunburn very badly.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:35 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Indeed they are quite pale and can often be spotted while on vacation because they sunburn very badly.
I find that is the case, but when they get used to the sun, they tan a very golden colour. Unfortunately a two week Spanish holiday may not be long enough to get used to the sun.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:42 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
It all depends on their beautician.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:31 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
None of Bond actors had blond hair. Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever. He is believable.
The traditional appearance for James Bond is of a " tall, dark-haired, handsome" type, which is usually more appealing to most women than a blond man. The tall, brown-haired gives in to the stereotype of a serious, at the same cool and intelligent. The stereotype sells and is good for business.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! According to you and easthome and whoever else, there are no blondes or people with light hair in southern England right? I have English relatives since my paternal grandfather is from England and 100% English and I know for sure that quite of my own English cousins have blonde hair or were blonde as kids, some as towheads as well. There are plenty of English rugby players who are light/blonde-haired. The majority is brown-haired of course. No one has ever said that England is the blondest country in Europe, it isn't. . All is said is that England isn't that different in comparison to neighboring countries and is very comparable to northern Germany. Yes, it's agreed that since the Industrial Revolution, there has been a lot migrations, the same applies to other European countries. No I do not think at all that Europeans are in some reservation! All you have to do, is to use a little of your intelligence while reading my statements. To let you know, there are plenty of people who have English ancestry who live outside of England, especially in Australia, North America, etc... maybe you were ignorant of that.

an English crowd in Reading which is in Berkshire, for sure in southern England!

The Libertines Miraculous Reunionの画像:CONNECTING
I never said there were NO blondes in England, there you go again putting words into my mouth, I said where I live (in south east UK) there are 10% at most blond, it doesn't matter what pictures you post from 4000 miles away, I saw it with my own eyes yesterday, today and will see it again tomorrow, I really don't give a **** what colour hair people have around me, I'm just saying your estimates (and from 4000 miles away it really is only guesswork) are inaccurate. I dont think the fact you have blond cousins has anything to do with it, Oh and I am not just talking about black skinned people either! I couldn't tell you how many Germans are blond (I don't live there) but I imagine you overestimate that also.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I never said there were NO blondes in England, there you go again putting words into my mouth, I said where I live (in south east UK) there are 10% at most blond, it doesn't matter what pictures you post from 4000 miles away, I saw it with my own eyes yesterday, today and will see it again tomorrow, I really don't give a **** what colour hair people have around me, I'm just saying your estimates (and from 4000 miles away it really is only guesswork) are inaccurate. I dont think the fact you have blond cousins has anything to do with it, Oh and I am not just talking about black skinned people either! I couldn't tell you how many Germans are blond (I don't live there) but I imagine you overestimate that also.
All you had to say was that you don't like it when someone says there are blonde-headed/red-headed Brits/English people, but someone says all British are dark or look like Spaniards then you're O.K. with it. Yes I live maybe 4,000 miles away, so what? I've been almost all over Western Europe, in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, England, Spain( in Valencia many times!), Germany(When it was West Germany). I'm actually fluent in French and Dutch too. What estimates are you talking about? I didn't post any estimates on this thread. All I said was that the frequency of blonde-headed people among white English is not much different from that of white Germans. I never said that the percentage of blondes in England is higher than those of brunettes. Anyway, you've got a hard time understanding studies, genetical studies, so when you get there you'll understand it. [/quote]

Old 05-06-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
In the UK beauty, blond was never held up as being the final topping. Look at the UK beauties over the past 60 years. Few are blond. Look at Vivien Leigh. A clear beauty but not blond. It appeared that the UK deliberately omitted blond women as being icons of beauty, yet the country had its fair share of blond women.

Vivien Leigh played Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With The Wind. Light skin, light eyes and dark brown hair:
Yes, because blonde women were put in the stereotype of being "dumb" or "not being serious", while brunettes are portrayed as "stable". This is a bunch of nonsense, the smartes girl, I have ever met, while in college in the Physics class, was an extremely beautiful blonde-headed girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe