Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 05:11 PM

418 posts, read 559,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The Netherlands is going in that direction too. There were a couple of armed robberies of jewelry stores where the owner shot and killed the robbers. The store owners were not prosecuted for killing the robbers which caused outrage amongst some ethnic minorities. The world upside down. This time I agree with Repubrocrat, a shotgun blast to the face really helps people understand they should not rob your store.

Since when did the dutch trade clogs for guns?

Old 08-14-2014, 05:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
If anyone wants to avoid being shot by me, all they have to do is avoid committing a robbery (or worse) on my property. I am not going to feel guilty about shooting someone who's breaking and entering my property, especially while I'm actually THERE, for pete's sake. Sheeze.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
A friend of mine, or actually his parents owned a jewelry store. According to him they kept their beloved German sheperd under the counter. That's what he told me. Who knows. Next time i see him i'm going to inquire more.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If anyone wants to avoid being shot by me, all they have to do is avoid committing a robbery (or worse) on my property. I am not going to feel guilty about shooting someone who's breaking and entering my property, especially while I'm actually THERE, for pete's sake. Sheeze.
I've been home twice when there was breaking and entering happening. (2 different locations.) Both times, the burgler didn't know anyone was home. The first time, I left and called police from a safe distance. Not a big deal. The second time, it turned out to be a kid who ran as soon as he realized there was someone home. I didn't even have to say "boo".

There's no reason to go shooting people up, most of the time. And again, a taser would do the job if you had to immobilize someone.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:43 PM

788 posts, read 1,249,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's no reason to go shooting people up, most of the time. And again, a taser would do the job if you had to immobilize someone.
You know what I fund so disturbing about people saying things like that? You people always talk to the real victims and wave your finger in the faces of the real victims saying that the victims had no right to ..... (fill in the blanks with anything that the victims are not allowed to). But I never hear you people talking to criminals. Telling criminals that they have no right commit crimes and victimize others.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndRugby View Post
You know what I fund so disturbing about people saying things like that? You people always talk to the real victims and wave your finger in the faces of the real victims saying that the victims had no right to ..... (fill in the blanks with anything that the victims are not allowed to). But I never hear you people talking to criminals. Telling criminals that they have no right commit crimes and victimize others.
just saying, it's not necessary to shoot people up, in many instances. I never said "doesn't have the right", etc. Just said it's avoidable. The criminals are in jail, they already got the message about what they don't have the right to do.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:19 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndRugby View Post
Ruth is a big Left Wing Liberal, and they always stand up for the "human rights" of criminals. These people believe that people commit crimes because of racism, poverty, lack of opportunities, so it is not really their fault criminals are essentially "victims" of the system.

I think any rational person would not want to kill another human being but a lot of home invaders are armed themselves and often on drugs.

Some smaller calibers like .22 or a .38 are not the best choices for home defense because they may not stop the home invader and the last thing you want is someone armed or high on drugs fighting back.

Opinions vary but I prefer a .45 or 9mm for home defense.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Ruth is a big Left Wing Liberal, and they always stand up for the "human rights" of criminals. These people believe that people commit crimes because of racism, poverty, lack of opportunities, so it is not really their fault criminals are essentially "victims" of the system.
You're putting words in my mouth, and you're wrong. You have no idea what my beliefs are.

Were you going to address the point that tasing people is just as effective in deterring them, as shooting to kill? You were advocating shooting to kill. I'm waiting to see how you can defend that. And I'm sure I'm not the only one here, waiting.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wouldn't a shotgun blast to the leg achieve the same thing? Hard to run away with your foot or leg shot up. Or what about a taser? That would keep them immobilized until police arrive.
no good, they would sue you and take your store

Old 08-14-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no good, they would sue you and take your store
They can't sue you for tasing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe