Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:04 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true but you never know these days.
Quote:
Ebola won't spread as fast like it did in those African countries. Of course safety precautions must be taken seriously but I think you're going a little overboard by trying to scare everyone.
I saw an article saying that Americans claimed to "invent" the virus and produced a vaccine which they are planning to sell to countries.

This is all a trick of the American government to scare the world, destroy Western Africa and get money....hmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 03:04 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Calm down amigo!

Do Spanish people say amigo or is it just Mexicans? lol sorry for my ignorance
I love the Spaniards as they are a very emotional and proud people but some of them need to calm down with this ebola situation. It's not going to destroy Spain. It's not the end of the world.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,573,976 times
Quote:
Calm down amigo!

We use either "amigo" and "tío", though the last one is more frequent here in Spain".
Anyway, I think we Spaniards are really entering into panic mode because of mismanagement to our corrupt government.

The doctor who treated the diseased nurse in Alcorcón hospital says that the protection clothes he wore was way short sleeve, and he noticed the nurse did positive on ebola by media coverage instead of chiefs to the hospital as well.

'Las mangas del traje de proteccin me quedan cortas en todo momento' | Espaa | EL MUNDO

Old 10-08-2014, 03:25 PM

74 posts, read 72,319 times
Quote:
Calm down amigo!

In Spain people, specially from the North never use the word amigo, as freely as Mexicans do.

Quote:
I love the Spaniards as they are a very emotional and proud people but some of them need to calm down with this ebola situation. It's not going to destroy Spain. It's not the end of the world.
It's not going to destroy Spain, it will only take the lives of maybe two nurses and her dog.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/sc...rse-spain.html

And, of course, not even the slightest political consequence, for the real perpertrators, the "government".

Old 10-08-2014, 03:30 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,573,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintitas View Post
In Spain people, specially from the North never use the word amigo, as freely as Mexicans do.
We don't use it when talking to everyone, but with dear close friends.

A beautician women who treated the diseased nurse when her early phase of ebola disease was sent home, although she had some fever and diahrrea as well.

Una de las esteticistas que depil a la auxiliar acudi al Hospital de Valdemoro con fiebre y diarrea - ABC.es

Old 10-08-2014, 03:33 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,367 times
Wow... they have no border control? They should really fix that... Any country that doesn't control who comes in and when is just asking for trouble... oh wait... WE DON'T HAVE BORDER CONTROL EITHER???? Oh, then it's ok... never mind...

(tongue removed from cheek)

Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM

245 posts, read 304,267 times
it IS an "act to curb populations" (by mother nature). she ALWAYS finds a way to limit a species that's out of control. Humans ARE out of control/destroying the Earth, and they keep INSISTING on having more than 1 baby per woman. So mother nature is going to defend herself and put a stop to the virus that is humankind. If ebola doestn't suffice, she'll come up with something many times worse.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvan View Post
it IS an "act to curb populations" (by mother nature). she ALWAYS finds a way to limit a species that's out of control. Humans ARE out of control/destroying the Earth, and they keep INSISTING on having more than 1 baby per woman. So mother nature is going to defend herself and put a stop to the virus that is humankind. If ebola doestn't suffice, she'll come up with something many times worse.
If by mother nature you actually mean "corrupt government elites" then I agree with your statement.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM

74 posts, read 72,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
We don't use it when talking to everyone, but with dear close friends.

A beautician women who treated the diseased nurse when her early phase of ebola disease was sent home, although she had some fever and diahrrea as well.

Una de las esteticistas que depil a la auxiliar acudi al Hospital de Valdemoro con fiebre y diarrea - ABC.es
If the beautician gets infected.... [ana mato mode] It waws her fault because she should have checked the health of her clients [ana mato mode off ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Wow... they have no border control? They should really fix that... Any country that doesn't control who comes in and when is just asking for trouble... oh wait... WE DON'T HAVE BORDER CONTROL EITHER???? Oh, then it's ok... never mind...

(tongue removed from cheek)

There's some kind of border control... but everyone who manage to get to Spain, even illegally is rarely expelled.
In the last years Spains population grew from 37 milllion to 47 million inhabitants, with nearly 0 natural growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvan View Post
it IS an "act to curb populations" (by mother nature). she ALWAYS finds a way to limit a species that's out of control, and humans ARE, and they keep INSISTING on having more than 1 baby per woman. So mother nature is going to defend herself and put a stop to the virus that is humankind. If ebola doestn't suffice, she'll come up with something many times worse.

In Spain there's roughly 1 baby per woman (Spanish woman). But in most of African countries the proportion is 8 baby per woman... Countries like Nigeria grew in a generation from 46 million to 175 million !!!

Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,377,808 times
Quote:
If by mother nature you actually mean "corrupt government elites" then I agree with your statement.
I was just going to say that lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe