Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 AM

11 posts, read 9,432 times

Advertisements

Depends on the country. You should better use a filter, when you are in Eastern Europe, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 12:06 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,086,203 times
In October last year, I stayed at hotels in Brussels and Amsterdam. I drank water from the tap in both places. I didn't even give it a second thought, though perhaps it was careless of me. I had no problem with it, though. Because water is so expensive in restaurants, I was always thirsty and couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to have a couple big glasses of water. It tasted just like the water at home (I live near Chicago).

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 AM

33 posts, read 27,545 times
In the Netherlands they do a blind test between tapwater and bottled water once in a while. Most times wins the tapwater. When in the States most of the times I didn't liked the tapwater (or the icecubes) because it tasted like poolwater with bleach. In the Netherlands that is used but filtered out after cleaning the water. The tapwater in the Netherlands is perfectly safe.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:34 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,880,958 times
Where I live, it's delicious. In Tallinn it's got a faint taste of chlorine. It's perfectly safe though, I don't really understand why people would buy bottled water that's been sitting in a plastic bottle for weeks.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:17 PM

4 posts, read 2,980 times
Some countries in Europe add fluoride to the water. Side effects: short term: suppression of certain brain functions. Longterm: fluoridosis of the teeth, brittle bones, measurable diminishing of IQ.
Bottled water in Europe is mostly just tap water from a well known area and sometimes it is spring water but they filter out all the good things because they are smelly and taste yuck.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:35 AM

5,365 posts, read 5,149,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaniem View Post
In the Netherlands they do a blind test between tapwater and bottled water once in a while. Most times wins the tapwater. When in the States most of the times I didn't liked the tapwater (or the icecubes) because it tasted like poolwater with bleach. In the Netherlands that is used but filtered out after cleaning the water. The tapwater in the Netherlands is perfectly safe.
This^ I have noticed about water in the states. Some cities use a LOT of chlorine in their water and it does taste a little like bleach or a pool.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,489,921 times
Every tap has better water than the bottled one you buy(proven many times). So it's pretty good I would say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe